Remove Advertisements

Issues with Saber Lash on Lynx

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Issues with Saber Lash on Lynx

Postby Pley » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:12 am

I was in ZA for my first time last night and we were having some issues on the Saber Lashes. I was OTing for Lashes and the Spirit of the Lynx and a UD warrior was MTing the boss. As soon as a Saber Lash would hit, he'd go down. And then me on the next one. It seemed he was eating full lashes.

I have been told you need to be directly on top of the MT and my avatar of my character seemed to on top of his. Our corpes were almost overlapping when we were dead and only weren't because of how BE's die vs how UD die.

Is there something I'm missing? Our guild has done this before and I was positive (and so was the MT) that we were right on top of each other.

Looking for suggestions on anything I can do to improve to not have this happen again.
Level 70 Tankadin - Lothar
Pley

Postby Moraus » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:20 am

I get bitched at alot by my guilds warriors (all cows + orcs) for making them chug deviate delight on that boss, the first time i ever went there we wiped 6 times because we couldnt stack a belf ontop of an orc which as in your case both of us were sure we were ontop. So now every time i go back to ZA lynxx i take a stack of fish because you can get perfectly ontop of eachother with the ninja/pirate model.

Hope that solves your problem, it did for me and ive killed him numerous times.
Moraus

Postby Pley » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:29 am

Ya someone handed me some before the boss and I had no idea whatfor and we pulled some of the invisible lynx adds on the way to him so I forgot about it but the MT wasn't using any either so that wouldn't have helped.

What about having a back to one of the pillars in there? Then the only concern would be left and right, not so much front and back...
Pley

Postby Moraus » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:18 am

if you go both backs on teh pilliar it wont help because of the hitbox size

i still say just both chug the fish to completly eliminate that from the possbile raid wiping equasion.
Moraus

Postby Ferra » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:40 pm

I've never seen it be that sensitive; I stand with my hip 0-12 inches from our bear's shoulder and we haven't had any trouble yet. Depends on each race's hitbox characteristics, I'm sure.

How far away are the two of you from the Lynx? Standing on his toes? And are you standing right on his midline, i.e. the line he'd follow if he were to start running straight ahead?
Warriors: DPS when we're forming the group, 'the premier tanking class' when it's time to loot.
Ferra

Postby Pley » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:45 pm

Ferra wrote:I've never seen it be that sensitive; I stand with my hip 0-12 inches from our bear's shoulder and we haven't had any trouble yet. Depends on each race's hitbox characteristics, I'm sure.

How far away are the two of you from the Lynx? Standing on his toes? And are you standing right on his midline, i.e. the line he'd follow if he were to start running straight ahead?

We are just about up the center, we only did it twice last night due to some issues with Eagle everyone was tried and ready to split. Normally Eagle goes down every time for the group and we even got him to 4% but new people mixed with a slightly ungeared healer made the fight difficult. Bear went down one shot with no deaths or near-deaths.

We were both standing on top of one another at his feet I believe (hard to say now since it was last night) but I'm almost positive that's how it was. There was even some collison on our toons. The first time I was on a slightly elevated surface so I could understand that but I was almost directly on top of him for the second time and it shouldn't be that difficult to tell with a UD and BE model for tanks, they aren't that much different in size. In the future I will use Savory Deviate but honestly, if you are having to change the model of your character JUST to prevent an 18k hit on one tank, that's nuts. I mean, we had no problem on the bear with his cleaves but lynx wouldn't split damage regardless of where we were it seems.
Pley

Postby Garov » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:49 pm

Pley wrote:it shouldn't be that difficult to tell with a UD and BE model for tanks, they aren't that much different in size. In the future I will use Savory Deviate but honestly, if you are having to change the model of your character JUST to prevent an 18k hit on one tank, that's nuts. I mean, we had no problem on the bear with his cleaves but lynx wouldn't split damage regardless of where we were it seems.

I'm a Blood Elf and I co-tank with an Undead. I've never had an issue with Bear or Lynx. We tend to stand inside each other. Maybe that's making a difference?
Garov

Postby Pley » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:22 pm

Garov wrote:
Pley wrote:it shouldn't be that difficult to tell with a UD and BE model for tanks, they aren't that much different in size. In the future I will use Savory Deviate but honestly, if you are having to change the model of your character JUST to prevent an 18k hit on one tank, that's nuts. I mean, we had no problem on the bear with his cleaves but lynx wouldn't split damage regardless of where we were it seems.

I'm a Blood Elf and I co-tank with an Undead. I've never had an issue with Bear or Lynx. We tend to stand inside each other. Maybe that's making a difference?

We were almost inside each other. For the bear we were almost a full inch apart (actual distance on monitor on lowest resolution) and we still both ate the cleaves.

Do you, or anyone else that tanks with a UD, have a screenshot? Maybe that would help me get a better idea...
Pley

Postby Retcon » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:26 pm

I'm having difficulty thinking about how this could possibly be considered difficult without shape-changing buffs.

MT and OT stand in front of the boss. Both take saberlashes. From bosskillers:
Saber Lash - Deals a base value of around 15,000 physical damage spread out amongst his top aggro target and everyone within 1-2 yards of them. Phase 1 ability.

It's not rocket science.
Retcon, 70 BE Paladin, [H] Korgath-US (PVP)
"Just another plebe in an army of giants."
Retcon

Postby Pley » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:59 pm

Retcon wrote:It's not rocket science.

Either is reading. As I was nearly inside him, I think that would qualify as 1-2 yards.

I wish it really was 1-2 yards as otherwise, his damage isn't really anything to worry about since I can dispel the flame shock and so could several other members of our party.
Pley

Postby Alostrael » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:35 am

My MT is a tauren, and I just stand slightly in front of him and to the side a little and it works just fine.
Alostrael

Postby NarfJones » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:57 pm

Pley wrote:
Retcon wrote:It's not rocket science.

Either is reading. As I was nearly inside him, I think that would qualify as 1-2 yards.

I wish it really was 1-2 yards as otherwise, his damage isn't really anything to worry about since I can dispel the flame shock and so could several other members of our party.

Then the issue shouldn't be whether or not a tauren warrior turns himself into a ninja for the fight. It's possible that if you are literally standing inside him, it may not register the other target as within 1-2 yards. I couldn't imagine that being the issue, but I personally have never had an issue with eating the full lash.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Annivus » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:52 am

I've tanked with both an orc and an undead and I've never taken a full saber lash (unless they die)... just stand inside each other and that's it... I'll try to remember to screenshot next ZA run
Annivus

Postby Invisusira » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:53 am

Just stand directly square on top of/inside the other tank. The hitbox is very weird.
Invisusira

Postby Morganim » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:35 am

Quick queston

how much hp is your UD warrior friend running at

dont get me wrong it *could* be a hitbox problem.
but then again if your mt war is in sub-par gear or taking crushes he could be getting hit a few times dropped to 9k hp and then taking a saberlash and dying, thus leaving you open to an 18k lash + attacks

ive done this fight with tauren, trolls, orcs, belf and undead partners and never used deviates and been fine. Only time i didnt get it on first attempt was with a tauren OT i took the full lash he took 2 steps back and it was fine
Morganim

Next

Return to Zul'aman