Moroes tip to counter the gouges and blinds

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Huon » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:42 pm

I would AoE tank but dont you guys lose all 5 of them if you get gouge? which is the reason I dont...
Huon

Postby Holyhomer » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:24 pm

That's why you have an offtank on moroes that has BoSancrifice.

He gouges you, turns around smacks the offtank breaking your gouge, and letting all the other mobs come running back to you!

Gouge doesn't lower your agro to 0 permanently, it just drops you while you're gouged / blinded.
Holyhomer

Postby Huon » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:20 pm

Holyhomer wrote:That's why you have an offtank on moroes that has BoSancrifice.

He gouges you, turns around smacks the offtank breaking your gouge, and letting all the other mobs come running back to you!

Gouge doesn't lower your agro to 0 permanently, it just drops you while you're gouged / blinded.

I know it doesnt drop my aggro to 0 :P

I was just saying that I am scared that the 2-3 seconds it takes for the tick of garrote to hit me that one of my DPS would get... raped :P
Huon

Postby Holyhomer » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:53 pm

Well the ideal situation would be a beefy person (one that can take two hits) smacking moroes while you're DPS is killing the adds, and you put sacrifice on him, so he turns around and smacks that dude.

That way, you ain't gotta wait for the garrote to tick, or whatever you're doing now.
Holyhomer

Postby Cakes » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:21 pm

Is it cheating to turn your back to him and back up a step?
Cakes

Postby Greyjoy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:29 pm

wow... BoSacing the first person who gets Garroted... seems like such an intelligent idea... why didn't I think of that? >.<
Greyjoy

Postby Bettiepage » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:11 am

What quest is it to get the trinket? I might want to try it before they find a way to nerf it.
I am the arm of the Light in battle. I know my path, can you say the same?
Bettiepage

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:41 am

Chaincast Blessing of Sacrifice on the second tank...The moment you get garroted the second tank is only there to absorb the first melee hit, and Moroes will be back to you in no time.

If you outgear the instance greatly(say, full T5 raid), you can just tank backwards, taking his hits in the ass while handling the adds until you get garroted. He can't gouge you from the butt.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby NarfJones » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:08 am

Greyjoy wrote:wow... BoSacing the first person who gets Garroted... seems like such an intelligent idea... why didn't I think of that? >.<

If you have enough holy paladins in the group and the fight is short enough, you never have to heal through garrote. You can also BoSac a person with it to deal with the blind/gouges

Edit: Stoneskin works too.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Sthallas » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:27 am

DS macro or trinket out of the 1st gouge if it happens before the 1st garrote and chain BoSac the 1st person that gets garroted (focus macro can help), bonus points if you get the 1st or any subsequent garrote. This isn't rocket science.
Sthallas

Previous

Return to Karazhan