How painful is Kaz'rogal?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Questioner » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:51 am

Honestly, I really feel that as long as you consumable armor, you are the best tank for this fight. I think averaged 1000 tps on this fight (tanked him again last night), and started with a 12k threat lead. In our second time killing him, and having 8 healers because that is who was on, we killed him in 3.5 minutes.

WWS: http://wowwebstats.com/5e1q5vksfxc5e?s=7899-8109

You maximize your contribution by tanking this fight. You do not run the risk of killing someone by running out of mana.

Lokdar is our warrior MT and did 790 dps on the fight, and he kept up TClap and Demo for me. Between Lokdar's 790 dps and my 435 dps, that is 1225 dps. If he was tanking and I was healing, that would be ~1000 dps lost. If I was using a nightfall, I doubt it would be anywhere close to 1000 dps.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Dragonzbane » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:33 am

Anyone have a video of them tanking Kaz'Rogal?
The were no vids of him in the General Strat forum.
Dragonzbane

Postby Jensaarai » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:37 am

I can try to Fraps mine next week...I usually forget to Fraps in Hyjal, one because all the mobs can play havoc on my laptop, two actually remembering to hit "record" is a challenge :twisted:
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Worldie » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:05 am

Dragonzbane wrote:Anyone have a video of them tanking Kaz'Rogal?
The were no vids of him in the General Strat forum.

Click meh

Forgive me for teh crap quality, it was my first attempt at using Vegas to make videos.
Also, my FPS completely sucks ><
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Caelia » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:10 am

if your not tanking you can bubble out of it....
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Dragonzbane » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:51 am

Caelia wrote:if your not tanking you can bubble out of it....

Yes
Dragonzbane

Postby Tekkel » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:01 am

Well I am gonna tank this tonight on our first attempts on him. Do u guys use any shadow resistance at all during tanking?
We don't have any crafted SR gear yet but I do have the BT necklace and a few green lvl 70 items like a ring and a plate helmet with sr enchant that I might be able to equip without losing the caps.
Tekkel

Postby Jensaarai » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:24 am

I use no SR...I wear less avoidance gear, more block-oriented gear (to help my threat-mana) and more spell damage gear (to help my threat)...but I picked up a few new pieces this week so I have some set editing to do.
Jensaarai

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:27 am

I use exactly 0.

Well, 70 if u count the buff and 5 considering i'm a belf.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tekkel » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:25 am

Right going for a solid mix then. Probably a bit of extra spelldmg and sacrifice some stamina. Am around 20k raid buffed atm. U'd reckon being in the caster group with an elemental shammy and a shadowpriest will do some good for threat. Getting the imp buff in there anyway so i'd only lose the shout from the warrior. Gonna give it a go and see where it ends tonight :)
Tekkel

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:44 am

My party for Kaz is usually me, lock, shadow priest, shaman, warrior. Works fine.
The shadowpriest isnt "really" needed unless your DPS are too slow and u can't kill him before 3 minutes and half.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:39 pm

Our warrior MT died on the pull last night so I picked him up; things were chaotic and we wiped at sub-30% on our only attempt of the night.

We're thinking this boss is kind of perfect for a bear tank because of the stun and all.

Does his cleave share damage, or did they change that?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Jensaarai » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:48 pm

No no, have your bear DPS and you tank...you'll get much further than having you...DPS? Heal? and the bear tank...kitty dps > whatever we can do while not tanking here imo...
Jensaarai

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:37 am

I've read that this boss cleave is like shahraz one and so splitted but never verified that.

However, it's odd to die, since you are the only one taking damage and so you should have like.... 7 healers on you?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tekkel » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:35 am

Aye I died last night around 8% from a 15k cleave but overal a very nice tps with noone coming close to me. Guess my healers didn't top me off after a war stomp or something. And might just ask a warrior to stand next to me if the cleave works like that.
Tekkel

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal