Remove Advertisements

New to Herorics

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Viycktor » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:04 pm

Shattered Halls is crazy good Badge Run. If you have a good group farming Badges, I'd say Shattered Halls, then Bot, then Mech... Can get 14 (how do you get 5 badges out of Mech? Does it involve the Cache of the Legion or something?) badges in about 3 hours with a good group. (I loved SH... bring a warlock for seed, it's great fun and fast)

Mech is a pretty easy run, but mostly because everyone knows it so well.

Sethekk Halls isn't too bad, though the end boss is a real pain.

I haven't tanked Slave Pens, but I remember doing it on my hunter, and the MC/silence pulls were major pains... Everything was easy except those stupid insane pulls.

Ramparts is nice, but the last boss was a major pain.

I really like heroics. Some of the pulls are a little difficult in my opinion, but for the most part, once you have a decently geared group, they feel about how an instance should. (imo) You can't let your healer get hit, tank specced tanking classes tank, healers better be healing spec, dps better do their job.

Just need to get the gear there. ;)
Viycktor

Postby Lalecize » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:36 pm

Hehe ok Ill share.

Yes it does involve the cache of the legion.

Grab your team of 5 and go into normal mech. Clear the first mini boss on the right (should take all of 5 minutes) and grab the red half of the key.

Go into heroic mech, and go left, and clear the second mini boss. You will get the blue key off him. You can then join the red you have from normal, with the heroic blue to make the cache of the legion key.

Clear down to the cache and loot your badges, BUT LEAVE the blue item in there.
The blue item stops the cache from despawning.

Now head back to the start, and clear right. Once the miniboss is down he drops the red key (keep this in your backpack to repeat the trick on your next heroic mech run). Once that miniboss is down head back to the cache (you can do so before or after the first real boss), and WHAMMO another badge has appeared.

Roll on the blue and head on up.

So badges =

Mechano Lord x 1
Cache x 2
Fiery bitch x 1
Pantys x 1

In summary the badge in the cache is spawned on the death of a miniboss, so this trick basically allows you to loot a badge after a miniboss is dead, and then respawn it by killing the second. The blue item left in stops the cache from dissappearing.

Whats more is you end up with the red half of the key leftover at the end, so you only have to get it from normal mech once. After that you always have the first half!

I'll post this up in a new topic too :D
Lalecize

Postby Mo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:00 pm

How about the Heroric Auchindoun Instances....I think they are the only ones you guys have left out.

Thanks for all your advice, this is really helping my order of attack. :)
Mo

Postby mazater » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:28 am

Athon wrote:
Rokh wrote:stay away from slave pens as the 2 giant door guards will rip you a new one.

That's true. The normal strategy for this is to kite one of these. I've done several runs, and it seems that kiters very often fail. Then the kited guard runs to the healer and the party wipes. Not fun. If you can keep one of them stunned until there's only one alive, no problem.

I've never seen anybody kite those bastards :shock:
Our tankers have always tanked 'em both, I suppose heavy over healing does the trick.
mazater

Postby 2ndNin » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:14 am

If you can don't kite. hit em, stun em, beat em round the head, as your threat will suffer horribly otherwise :D. They go down fast and your healer just has to spam big heals at you (done this with healers down at +1100 healing on paladin, 1000 on a druid). A lot of these instances is about pulling out your big heals (or knowing when) and remembering to pot / lay on hands (all health pots dropped should go to the pally tank since you should be burning them to stop wipes, if your health drops into the AD range you really should think about potting in large pulls / hard pulls).
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Rokh » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:30 am

Mazater wrote:
Athon wrote:
Rokh wrote:stay away from slave pens as the 2 giant door guards will rip you a new one.

That's true. The normal strategy for this is to kite one of these. I've done several runs, and it seems that kiters very often fail. Then the kited guard runs to the healer and the party wipes. Not fun. If you can keep one of them stunned until there's only one alive, no problem.

Our tankers have always tanked 'em both, I suppose heavy over healing does the trick.

now i can tank them just fine, its all about your AC and HP pretty much... they just are not a good idea to tank 2 in full blues was the point i was trying to make.

And i have ran a heroic botanica in 35 min, me, priest, 3 locs.... our dps was so high, we killed warp splinter before he summoned a wave of adds..
Rokh

Postby Lalecize » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:20 pm

Rokh wrote:
Mazater wrote:
Athon wrote:

now i can tank them just fine, its all about your AC and HP pretty much... they just are not a good idea to tank 2 in full blues was the point i was trying to make.

And i have ran a heroic botanica in 35 min, me, priest, 3 locs.... our dps was so high, we killed warp splinter before he summoned a wave of adds..

35 minutes! Jesus Christ! That doesn't stack up. Did you skip all the bosses except for warp?

Assuming you are chain pulling and managing 5 mins on average for trash between bosses, that leaves 2 minutes per bossfight. If your dps was that high, you would have had to have heaps of threat, meaning probably you were starved for mana, particularly if the mobs died so fast. You surely would have had to drink.
I can believe an hour in there, but 35 minutes....Unless u all took in 50 mana pots each and didnt drink then that sounds hard.

Dammit now im gna have to try a speedrun of heroic bot.

I thought my 37 min normal SH was pretty decent. I had to chain pull the groups, taking a room at a time and 1 shot all the bosses to do that.
Lalecize

Postby Kaladan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:05 pm

Hi guys, firs post here.

I have only been only to SP heroic successfully so far. I stand at 12,5K HP, 490 def and ~90% avoidance, in blues.

I can assure you that it definately depends on the healer. I have been 5 times there, all "fast runs" with virually no CC apart from a sap. Team composition was as follows:

- Me
- Fury warrior in mainly pvp gear, acting as off-tank on some pulls
- Rogue (only cc)
- Enhancement shaman
- Resto shaman

Notable pulls are only 3-4 pulls after the second boss, where we wiped in 1 out of 5 times. All other encounters were almost trivial. The two un cc able guards are overrated. I took those without an off tank, and all I can say is that it just requires carefull mgt of cooldowns (trinkets etc) and a competent healer.

I cannot say the same for SV. I was owned by the bog lord 3 times. 1 out of 3 times, only to go as far to the 1 boss and wipe repeatedly, since the mage was specced frost. Since I had the same gear as the SP runs, all I can say is that it was probably due to our druid tree healer, casting only HoTs.
Kaladan

Postby Rokh » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:05 am

Lalecize wrote:
Rokh wrote:
Mazater wrote:
Athon wrote:

35 minutes! Jesus Christ! That doesn't stack up. Did you skip all the bosses except for warp?

Assuming you are chain pulling and managing 5 mins on average for trash between bosses, that leaves 2 minutes per bossfight. If your dps was that high, you would have had to have heaps of threat, meaning probably you were starved for mana, particularly if the mobs died so fast. You surely would have had to drink.
I can believe an hour in there, but 35 minutes....Unless u all took in 50 mana pots each and didnt drink then that sounds hard.

Dammit now im gna have to try a speedrun of heroic bot.

I thought my 37 min normal SH was pretty decent. I had to chain pull the groups, taking a room at a time and 1 shot all the bosses to do that.

We used 0 CC, all pulls were dots+seeds.
We didnt have an enchanter, so we used the need/greed buttons on everything.
To give you another idea of our dps, the 2nd boss didnt go into tree form... just plop dead.
and with pulling that much at once, i had no mana problems what so ever.

Botanica is just that easy, i honestly think it is the easiest heroics in the game... even with a pug i can break an hour if my healer isnt a pvp noob (most of the time full S1 pvp suit will mean /kick... at least if they have S3 they have enough +healing to be semi worth it, even if they are retarded)
Rokh

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics