Remove Advertisements

Help with Kael'thelas

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:02 pm

Placing a tank in conflag range also works.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Daine » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:04 am

We just sat one of the warriors in conflag range, removes a lot of the risk. I can't say FR gear was needed for the phoenixes either, the Hellfire doesn't do an awful lot of damage and you have the shield to absorb the explosion. I think I only had to tank 4 or 5 throughout Phase 4 and 5 last night, just have a couple of healers watching and you're fine. We did run 3 tanks/6 healers mind so DPS was really quite high.

Certainly found Phase 3 to be the most difficult part of this fight for us.
GM of The New Expedition, Defias (EU). 9/9 BT, 5/5 MH, 1/6 SWP.
Daine

Postby Tekkel » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:53 am

Aye with all the tips here i've seen 2 takedowns now. Also tanked sanguinar on the second takedown with the shield which was quite doable. Only used 1 fearward untill a rogue brought me a mace and shield.

For my guild we managed to increase dps alot in p2 and p3 so we actually got everything but the shield and axe down before p3 and they go down within 10 sec of p3. We managed kill 3 adds before p4 and cap before the first pyro.
Couldn't believe my eyes that we only got 1 pyro during p4 and like 2 gravity lapses in p5.

Maybe sometime soon I get to tank p4/p5 as well instead of embers. I am around 20.4 with the shout buff and with just 1 pyrp i could shield and bubble through it. Having a seed and fire pot for maybe another should make it doable.
Tekkel

Postby Enkal » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:54 pm

We're on our 2nd night of tries on Kael... phase 2-3 transition always wipe us and we usually have axe and shield up still. Guess raid DPS have to be upped further.
Enkal

Postby Jarkeld » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:16 pm

we never kill the axe untill well into phase 3, and the shield is still generally up for a couple seconds
we have the melee on the shield before they head over to the fearing guywhile all the ranged has switched over to the kitting guy, a single caster stays up by the engineer to keep the staff buff on everyone up there and he dpses down the axe
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made many people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Jarkeld
Jarkeld

Postby nicolax » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:40 am

Jarkeld wrote:we never kill the axe untill well into phase 3, and the shield is still generally up for a couple seconds
we have the melee on the shield before they head over to the fearing guywhile all the ranged has switched over to the kitting guy, a single caster stays up by the engineer to keep the staff buff on everyone up there and he dpses down the axe

we usually have all weapons down minus the shield and the axe 20-25 seconds before phase 3. so all range just dps the axe to free a druid and his healer. works well. melee dps the shield after telonicus is dead in phase 3.
nicolax

Postby Winchester » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:25 pm

Does fire resistance aura have an effect on the pyroblast?
Seal of Posting
220 Mana
Instant Cast
Fills the paladin with the urge to troll, granting each post a chance of luls.
Only one seal can be active on the paladin at any one time.

Unleashing this seal will bump your thread.
Winchester
Maintankadonor

Postby Bryne » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:53 pm

No.
Bryne

Postby Winchester » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:40 pm

Bryne wrote:No.

It's not partially resistable?
Seal of Posting
220 Mana
Instant Cast
Fills the paladin with the urge to troll, granting each post a chance of luls.
Only one seal can be active on the paladin at any one time.

Unleashing this seal will bump your thread.
Winchester
Maintankadonor

Postby Bryne » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:17 pm

Bryne wrote:No.

The only thing that affects the Pyroblasts is fire protection potions and the mace (or shield) buff.
Bryne

Postby Jarkeld » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:07 am

use the shield, fire prot potions, nightmare seeds, and a macro to cast divine shield then cancel it
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made many people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Jarkeld
Jarkeld

Postby Enkal » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:44 am

Lol, 3 wipes because the ppl up at Kael lost staff buff at beginning of Ph4 since all staff users ran off to nuke Capernian... :roll:

Well one was when I called out for an interrupter and a caster thought I needed staff buff so she ran up and used it, removing the staff buff I had and thus wiping us.... gotta love Kael :(

Also the most annoying part from our latest Kael'thas strategy:
"Phase 4
Kaelthas Tank - Warrior
Phoenix Tank - Pali/Druid

Phase 5
Kaelthas Tank - Warrior
Phoenix Tank - Pali/Druid
"

Seems only warriors can tank P4/P5 even if they have 2k less health raid buffed than me. QQ
Enkal

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:40 am

In theory you are way way better at kiting the phoenixes than a warrior, while a warrior has it easier surviving pyros and can interrupt fireballs and pyros even if rogues are dispelling MCs.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby divinituss » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:37 am

Ohh man I was one lucky freak to be able to tank Kael'thas in P4. Trust me he is really an enjoyable boss to tank. Though we eventually wiped on p4 due to people screwing too much with Capernian, this is what i observed.

1) Kael'thas will shoot fireballs if u are not under his feet (i.e not in melee range). Fireballs hit more than his melee hits.
2) You can pop the shield's ability upon engaging kael to soften the early burst damage in case your healer's are not prepared.
3) Bubble allows you to absorb an additional pyro, so in no event should you pop Avenging Wrath unless u are very confident with your dps.

Anyone else has any inputs? I have yet to confirm the usage of a Major Fire Protection pot + Nightmare seed would let me absorb another pyro. Currently i have 21-22K HP raid buffed.

Thank you!
Kim
Kimbeatina - Frostmourne

divinituss

Postby nicolax » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:46 am

your hp is enough, bother a warrior to renew commanding shout during the whole fight, have a lock putting his imp near kael, ask your priests for pw: shield as soon as kael's barrier is up, rotate fire pot/seed/bubble for the first pyro, use shield on second, interrupt third.

check here for more info :

http://failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/ ... 1&start=45
nicolax

PreviousNext

Return to Tempest Keep