Gruul's Shatter

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Gruul's Shatter

Postby Oharra » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:58 pm

Can Blessing of Freedom allow full movement during the shatter debuff stage?

this would help alot when running back to Gruul as MT
Oharra

Postby Alexios » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:52 am

I havent tried it personally, but he doesnt reset aggro - so generally I just walk towards him again when just before stoned hits - you can pick him up and just take him back to the middle everytime anyway.
Alexios

Postby Oharra » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:35 pm

ok i tanked gruul last night and blessing of freedom does not prevent you being slowed.

I died whengruul was 3% becasue i took a massive shatter hit and was less than half HP after i could move again, and the heals didnt come in time.

Silence was not asmuch of a problem as i thought it would be
Oharra

Postby Shalindreal » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:01 pm

oopsie double post.
Last edited by Shalindreal on Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Shál]Image[/url]
Shalindreal

Postby Shalindreal » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:02 pm

When i tank gruul the slow before shatter generally isn't an issue, however there are those OSHIT moments where the less intelligent deem it necessary to see how close they can get to a tank on grow 12 and taking a big shatter while it may not kill you with tank hp could be very bad if heals can't come in time to top you off before he comes to smack you in the face lol.

A good way to counter this, though you only get to do it once generally is to pop divine shield removing the snare, it does not make you immune to the shatter damage however it does give you a few seconds of full movement speed to get the hell away from the people around you then right click off the bubble before he's done shattering and it's time to beat stuff again lol. Keep in mind if you aren't quick w/right clicking off your bubble after your safe distance from everyone that ur dps are gonna get wtfpwned.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Shál]Image[/url]
Shalindreal

Postby Oharra » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:15 pm

i use a DS macro

/cancelaura Divine Shield
/cast Divine Shield (Rank 2)

first time you pop button it casts. second time it cancels it
Oharra

Re: Gruul's Shatter

Postby Arcand » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:26 pm

Oharra wrote:Can Blessing of Freedom allow full movement during the shatter debuff stage?

Nope. BoF does nothing in that encounter.

Thou shalt brute-force the boss, using only those clever tricks which Blizzard hath thought of ahead of time.
Arcand

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:36 am

Shatter issue #2: everyone f~ dies

Usually after 2 or three shatters I either die(healers lose focus), or 2-3 healers/dpsers die.

I'm frustrated, is there anythign I can do to reduce the incoming shatter damage? I rarely take more than 2k damage on a shatter.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby plisken451 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:29 pm

I'm frustrated, is there anythign I can do to reduce the incoming shatter damage? I rarely take more than 2k damage on a shatter.

Absolutely. Get better players. I'm always scouting my landing zone while I'm mid-air during the slam, so I have a planned route as soon as I land. Admittedly, shit happens, but if the same people are consistently dying to shatter damage, swap 'em out.

One thing that will help your priests though, is that they can pop PW:S before the shatter and it'll absorb a portion of the damage.
ImageRetired

Mirraluun - Asmodian Chanter - Fregion Server - Eated by hackers
plisken451

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag