Remove Advertisements

Nightbane Fear Question

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Nightbane Fear Question

Postby dern » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:20 am

So I tanked Nightbane (successfully) for the first time last night, prob around 4th drop of him for our guild I'd guess. Yeah, I know thats not really post worthy, but it felt great.

What felt really great is that the dwarf priest dropped after a rain of bones or something less than halfway through the fight. I tanked Nightbane without Fear Ward.

I broke the first one and the last one with a bubble, which it looked like he would have been content to keep banging on me. . .thru the bubble, but I dispelled them very quickly. I think an offtanking warrior picked him up once or twice, but rest of the time was on me as I was feared.

Is this just an incredible run of luck that everyone was feared, or has anyone heard of a bug on Nightbane where his fear isn't reducing threat?

I'll tell you one thing, seeing OMG Dern just tanked Nightbane w/o FW in /guild felt pretty good =D . . . I was /flexing at people for a good 5 minutes.
dern

Postby bhullwheyy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:50 am

tanked nightbane only once (guilds firstkill) and with dwarven priest. he forgot fearward twice but it wasnt really a problem cause i didnt loose aggro. well, he hit some ppl with his breath and his tail because he wastn facing the wall anymore but nobody died. think u could bring him down without fw and tremortotems....would be a bit harder but doable
bhullwheyy

Postby dern » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:41 am

I had some luck the first couple he ran me away from the ranged . . .took some doing to get back to my healers but much better than the alternative. . .thats what moroes watch, stoneform, healthstone, pots, and lay on hands are for I guess /lol

so his aggro table doesn't drop anymore when tank is feared?

or

if everyone is feared he maintains highest aggro target?

or some other reason to explain why he was all over me no matter what, I remember our first couple attempts a month ago when warrior was late on breaking fears he'd head straight for the mage. Was it a change blizzard intentionally made? Any info be helpful in case I find myself in that position again.
dern

Postby Lore » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:46 am

dern wrote:if everyone is feared he maintains highest aggro target?

This is correct. Your mage was probably standing outside his fear radius (I believe it's only a 30 yard range), or just horribly unlucky with resists.
Lore
Global Mod

Re: Nightbane Fear Question

Postby Drfeelgood » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:29 pm

dern wrote:So I tanked Nightbane (successfully) for the first time last night, prob around 4th drop of him for our guild I'd guess. Yeah, I know thats not really post worthy, but it felt great.

What felt really great is that the dwarf priest dropped after a rain of bones or something less than halfway through the fight. I tanked Nightbane without Fear Ward.

I broke the first one and the last one with a bubble, which it looked like he would have been content to keep banging on me. . .thru the bubble, but I dispelled them very quickly. I think an offtanking warrior picked him up once or twice, but rest of the time was on me as I was feared.

Is this just an incredible run of luck that everyone was feared, or has anyone heard of a bug on Nightbane where his fear isn't reducing threat?

I'll tell you one thing, seeing OMG Dern just tanked Nightbane w/o FW in /guild felt pretty good =D . . . I was /flexing at people for a good 5 minutes.

Try tanking him with only tremor totems, I'm telling you, it's a trip. We had only one death on the kill (me! at like 2%) where our dps warrior picked it up and shield walled. 2 tremor totems makes this very doable for a horde paladin.
Drfeelgood

Postby Daromire » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:16 pm

What about a bubble rotation along with the lvl 70 pvp trinket rotated in there too, that would still leave fears in there in some spots, but would losing one trinket slot be worth to try this, I've been wanting to tank nightbane but we usually don't have dwarf priests or shaman :(.

Also, super noob incoming questions but, BoP on myself won't drop fear will it? I feel stupid for asking that but i really dont' know the answer, I figure it is no though.
Daromire
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:13 am

Yes, BoP removes Bellowing Roar.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Return to Karazhan