Black Temple - Shade of Akama

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:16 pm

Eliane wrote:
Worldie wrote:Or just spam Tab

I find the macro easier. It makes me target the right mob from the start. I offtank the rogue while we kill the elementalist and the other mob is sheeped and killed last.

We don't use sheeps on my side, my group nukes the elementalist, then spiritbinder then the rogue. They don't last more than some seconds each anyway.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jikozani » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:59 pm

Ew, just went in there totally clueless and I was put on defender duty. Well guess what, I couldn't hold aggro. I 'm not quite sure if there's a bug with holy threat or it's simply that they dump aggro very often...

As the first defender came on me, I stacked a full SoV on him.. then after sometime he heads off to someone else and as soon as SoV ticks, he heads back to me... now that's clearly the behavior of a mob resetting aggro. As the defenders grew in number it was simply impossible to hold them even with max rank consecration spam - they would head for random ppl (and different target for each..), that should have no threat whatsoever on them.

I don't believe there's necessarily a bug, it's just that it all boils down to luck with the consecration ticks, since a mob might run off without taking any damage after this apparent dump of aggro.
Jikozani

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:02 pm

The theory of them ignoring holy threat makes some sense considering that else they would go and wtfpwn a healer.

Our MT once had to hold like 6 or 7 of those. I strongly doubt he would have menaged to do that if holy/nature threat was considered.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:03 pm

Joanadark wrote:Or just spam consecrate right where they spawn and seal-spam.

I tried this but they run so quick that they ignore my consecration ><

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jensaarai » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:46 pm

The defenders are not affected by aggro until they reach Akama.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Joanadark » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:38 pm

I tried this but they run so quick that they ignore my consecration ><

pocket mage is supposed to frost nova.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:55 am

Our pocket mages tend to forget to move away after a frost nova and get pwnd by the mobs, so i just forbidden to my mages to do that.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sanara » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:56 am

When we head for Akama and our 2nd Prot is with us we were both assigned to defender duty.
I like to describe the behavior of the defenders, maybe anyone of you is able to confirm this:

Paladin 1(P1) hits the first defender reaching Akama.
-> Defender attacks P1.
Than, Paladin 2(P2) hits the defender.
-> Defender still attacks P1.
After a while the defender stops attacking P1 and is now on P2 for the remaining fight. The defender never switches the target again (besides taunt).

We can reproduce this behavior every time we want.
Realm: Lothar(EU)
Character: Sanara
Sanara

Postby Amran20 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:03 am

Yeah, tanking a single side is cruise control. We were short a tank a couple weeks ago so they made the new prot warrior who hates tankadins with a passion duplicate my feat on his side. Needless to say, the DPS on my side were sitting back, sipping on a cocktail, smoking a cigar while the DPS on the warrior's side were fighting for their very lives in panic. We had a good little chuckle over on left side.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:05 am

Sanara wrote:When we head for Akama and our 2nd Prot is with us we were both assigned to defender duty.
I like to describe the behavior of the defenders, maybe anyone of you is able to confirm this:

Paladin 1(P1) hits the first defender reaching Akama.
-> Defender attacks P1.
Than, Paladin 2(P2) hits the defender.
-> Defender still attacks P1.
After a while the defender stops attacking P1 and is now on P2 for the remaining fight. The defender never switches the target again (besides taunt).

We can reproduce this behavior every time we want.

This would make my theory about adds ignoring holy and nature threat correct since there's 0 dps on adds and so 0 aggro on them.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sanara » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:36 am

This would make my theory about adds ignoring holy and nature threat correct since there's 0 dps on adds and so 0 aggro on them.

But... when they ignore holy threat... why can 2 pallys tank them? Standing side by side and just spamming hs and cons.

If your theory is correct they supposed to run to the next healer and not switching to the 2nd pally.
They are running to a healer if i try to tank them on my own.

Or... maybe they are ignoring only the holy/nature threat from the first target appearing on their aggro-list. Could that be possible?
Sanara

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:45 am

If you read carefully i wrote "holy and nature".

The heals are classified as Holy school (Priest and Paladin) and Nature school (Shamans and Druids).

Since they appear to be ignoring this kind of threat, even only 1 hit from the paladin will keep them glued for the whole fight since there's nothing else building threat on them.

There might be some kind of aggro drop also, but there's definitively the ignoring part, else i don't see how our warriors/druids could keep up to 6 of them glued to them for the whole fight.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sanara » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:02 am

Oh, i've read your post.
But the thing i do not understand is: Why can 2 pallys hold aggro on the defenders?

These two should get the little aggro dump you mentioned too. But that doesn't seem to happen.
The aggro switch from the first pally to the 2nd. Neither back to the 1st nor to someone else.

I agree with you in concern of the ignoring part, but that does not seem to affect everyone in the raid:

The threat from pally 1 seems to be ignored but not the threat from pally 2. If only one Paladin is tanking his threat seems to be ignored. And the defenders run off to a healer.
This is the thing i wonder about.

I hope you understand me, my english isn't that good. :oops:
Sanara

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:03 am

Well, just give the defenders to some warrior or druid? :D

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sanara » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:06 am

Too easy :wink:
Sanara

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple