Wondering if I can double tank Attumen and Midnight.

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Wondering if I can double tank Attumen and Midnight.

Postby Kirtaenian » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:20 am

I was just wondering if all you avid and more knowledgeable pally tanks could tell me if I was ready to double tank Attumen and Midnight. My guild ran our first Kara run last week and we did exceptionally well. I MT'd pretty much everything up to and including Curator except Maiden because of her silence affect. I know that double tanking both Attumen and Midnight is the supposed "ready check" for a pally tank in kara, but I wasn't sure if I could do it or not. I guess if anything I have more doubt in my healers than I do in myself. They've performed quite well, just not sure if they could keep up with the damage I'd be taking by tanking both or if my gear/spec would make it any easier on them. I'm both uncrushable and uncrittable, I sit at 107.5'ish% with holy shield up. But I just thought I'd ask before I went ahead and gave it a try tomorrow night.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Kirtaenian
Kirtaenian

Postby Bryne » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:24 am

Probably, but maybe not comfortably. Honestly, if you haven't even made it past Curator, you're not in a position to be trying stuff like this.

Why make it harder on your healers? Use an off-tank, you're going to need one later anyway.
Bryne

Postby Big Mushy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:43 am

Looking at your gear I'd say it could be done but it would be hard, I would however advise to replace your stam gems with +12 stam and maybe replace the def enchant with stam. Since you don't have an enchant on your gloves I'd also advise the heavy knothide patch until you can get the enchant of your preference
Tankadin-70-Barth
Big Mushy

Postby Zeels » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:41 am

I had the best blue gear and the badge chest our very first time there.
2 healers, and I aoe tanked mid + attumen. Aoe tanked moroes as well.

So it's possible, and even perfectly doable.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Maranus » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:48 am

If you want to try it, try it.

Only one way to find out, champ.
You know you want it! Ooorah /dance
Maranus

Return to Karazhan