Remove Advertisements

On Vashe, and I been assigned to Elementals..DPS??

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

On Vashe, and I been assigned to Elementals..DPS??

Postby Shadowhamer » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:45 am

Ok this is the lowdown. We basically are ready to kill Vashe. After a rebuild, we basically have the rest of SSC on farm, (can kill all the other bosses in a 1~2 shot, in one night) and now we want Vashe dead.

We run with a:
A) Prot Warr: MT 1
B) Feral Druid MT2
C) Tankdin (me) AOE/MT 3
D) Prot Warr OT/MT

In the fight we are using our MT and tank D to do the Naga's and Vashe.
Tank B and Myself are in the zone 4/5 to pick up elementals. So far, we were able to do ok. We got 3 shields down, and its more of technique than just failing.

So my question is this. It seems we will go with this strat to down Vashe. What can I do to up my DPS a bit ? I have two pieces of T4 ret. Helm and Chest. I have the DPS plate belt from Mag. I have the two hander from ArC(?) and I also have a DragonMaw. Hmm I think I loged in my Lol DPS set..

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... hadowhamer
(Please stop laughing)

Is it wise to perhaps drop 1 point from spellwarding and get SoC ? Will that make a difference one way or another ? Or do I just stack strength gear with some blues like ragesteel, and use pots and strength food..

We are trying to use our core group to down her, and basically use the 4tanks we bring to raids.

Also yes I know I can tank naga's and ect ect, I can heal ect ect, but we tried it, and this is the strat the RL has decided on. ( basically I can toss myself a heal or so if it get iffy, and 15% run speed helps a lot).

Also I read the other thread, and no, nightfall is not going to cut it for the fight :p

Any insight is helpful.
Evil does not fight fair, so nor do I

For he who dares !
Shadowhamer

Postby Dorvan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:02 am

Moved to the SSC forums where this belongs.

The fact of the matter is that if you're bringing more than 2 tanks to Vashj while you're learning it, you're depriving yourselves of desperately needed DPS and hurting your your chances of success.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Shadowhamer » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:11 am

Hmm point taking. But this is what we are going with. I have already suggested this, but RL want to try to get her down with our core group intact.

(Guessing for attune).

So that point is sort of null and void atm.

For he who dares !
Shadowhamer

Postby Dorvan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:34 am

Shadowhamer wrote:Hmm point taking. But this is what we are going with. I have already suggested this, but RL want to try to get her down with our core group intact.

(Guessing for attune).

So that point is sort of null and void atm.

Well, if you're going to be in there and not tanking, the best way for you to contribute to the raid is by healing. But I'd really, really encourage your guild to rethink what you're doing there. You're going to need to do Vashj more than once anyway, and it's not a very hard tanking fight (so it's not like the rest of the raid will have to wait for the 2nd round of tanks to learn the fight), so you're really better off using a better raid composition....better to spend a few weeks killing her to get everyone attuned than spend those weeks wiping because you *must* get your "top 25" in for the first kill. Vashj is one of the hardest fights in the game, you want every advantage you can have going after her.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby YoYoMa » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:43 pm

Dorvan is 100% right. While you are learning her bringing 4 tanks is really going to hurt you. And unless your raid team is comprised of only 25 people that are on for 100% of the raids, you'll be going back more than once anyway. Take his advice, stack your raid properly and swap the people in on the 2nd kill that were not there for the 1st.
YoYoMa

Postby Lakirby » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:42 am

2 tanks, 7 healers, 16 DPS... We're learning the fight at the moment and our raid leader is *rigid* about this makeup. He's even already apologised to tanks who are subbed out on a particular night. It sounds like you have too many tanks for the fight.
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Lakirby

Postby QuantumDelta » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:22 am

Vashj is still one of the harder fights in the game, why you would want to learn her at such a huge disadvantage I don't know.

You're RL should be informed (show him this thread) that you're one of the best naga tanks and one of the worst DPS he could bring, let the Wars do DPS if he really has to take 4 tanks.
He will have to kill her a couple of times anyway, but DPS is king of getting stable kills on her.
QuantumDelta

Postby Warrender » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:26 am

Ranged taunt is soooo OP in this fight, it's not even funny. So is self-BoF on demand, Divine Shield, et al.

WTB more fights like this for tankadins please.
Last edited by Warrender on Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Moraus » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:37 am

Warrender wrote:Ranged Taunt is soooo OP in this fight, it's not even funny. So is self-BoF on demand, Divine Shield, et al.

WTB more fights like this for tankadins please.

have to agree with that

and i also agree not to learn vashj with more than 2 tanks, your dps will not keep up :<
Moraus

Postby Shadowhamer » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:42 am

Well it seems now after some rehashing and looking over the strats, and also talking with command, we will indeed drop two tanks and sub in dps. Though in truth, dps was not a problem, even with myself and the feral taking care of zone 4~5. Believe it or not, our zone never got overun..it was more of the core passing we seem to have issues with.(groups)

Overall, I think we will have her down this weds. And like it has been said, start swapping people in.

For he who dares !
Shadowhamer

Postby QuantumDelta » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:26 am

The problem doesn't often come from the Elementals.
The problem comes from the Naga, and Striders in the middle.
If you can't kill them at the rate they spawn (or better) you eventually get overflooded, and losing a core, or two, is typical (elementals despawning, bugs, deaths, etc) when learning the encounter.
The practical upshot of adding more DPS is you get EVEN MORE time to sort the cores incase anything goes wrong.
On our first kill we lost 3 cores (1 to death, 1 to despawn, 1 to a bug).
QuantumDelta

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:50 am

This fight is all about strider control, IMO. The rest of it is just gymnastics.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Maranus » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:07 pm

4 Tanks is just making it harder then it needs to be, as everyone has already said.

I've only done Vashj once on my pally (my warlock was my main until we moved into t6 content, first t5 raid he went to was our first kael kill, amusingly enough.)

I found I was much better at picking up and tanking the nagas then our usual warrior tank. RD is pretty awesome here, and lolaethreat.
You know you want it! Ooorah /dance
Maranus

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern