Remove Advertisements

Heroic BM, easy?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic BM, easy?

Postby Makaijin » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:18 am

Last night, I ran heroic BM for the first time ever. I was always reluctant to try this as everyone says it's the hardest 5 man there is. After an heroic SP run, our fury warrior in the group suggested we do heroic BM. According to him it's the most easy 20 minute 3 badge run you can ever do. Everyone else was hesitant at first, but after some convincing by the warrior, we said "we're bored, lets try it!"

The tactic was, i tanked the elite and pickup adds with my consecrate. All dps proceeded to nuke the elite first, when it's down we would aoe down the adds. After the first boss, everyone asked if this was heroic at all. Long story short, after we cleared the place, our druid healer only drank 5 times, we had 35 mins remaining on our PW:F and GotW buffs with no wipe. Like the warrio said, an easy 3 badges.

What I would like to know is, was it recently nerfed, or was it this easy in the first place?
Makaijin

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:23 am

The issue with BM is that the whole group needs to be on the ball. If the healer fails, you die. If you fail, you lose aggro or die, if your dpsers fail, you get overwhelmed and die.

Basically, if anyone fails, you die.
If your group puts out enough dps to kill the rift lord while ignoring the adds, the better. Seems to be the easiest way. Usually I assign one of the dpsers to aoe them down while I hold them. Shaman and Fury warriors enjoy this a lot.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Zhelari » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:32 am

I can't really comment on the difficulty as I outgeared it when I did it for the first time.

However, we usually stick one dps to 'focus' on the adds, but I am tanking everything. Basically, I run it like it's normal and collect the goods. :D
Zhelari - 70 BE Tankadin - Skullcrusher (US)
Zhelari

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:15 am

Properly geared for BM heroic = t4ish, more is outgearing.

In theory, you need a good healer, good tank, and good DPS. That's all. You need 0 CC so you can abuse of dps warriors and such. I'd strongly recommend a melee demolition party.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics