Am I Ready?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Am I Ready?

Postby Saphex » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:25 am

Our guild is about to merge with a former guildies, and since most of us have a PvP Backround, I come to you all once again for advice.. (And love you for it)

Well.. We're going to attempt a Kara raid Tuesday or Wednesday evening, and I just want to make sure that my gear is somewhat up to par to tank it.. (I'd assume MT since.. we really know no one else who's prot).. With my current gear setup

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... or&n=Saphe

Am I ready? I have Monday to work on some upgrades.. but I really dont see myself going for 42 more badges to upgrade my chest.. I'd freak.

Anyways, All advice/input is taken to heart.. and appreciated greatly.. Once again, tankadin community, I tank you much! (God that's terrible)

Mage - PvP
Saphex

Postby Uthadanin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:30 pm

Replace 8stam armor kit on chest with 150 health or +6 stats ( i would lean towards health at this stage of the game)
Uthadanin

Postby Zsorn1 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:40 pm

Your fine.. do it up
Zsorn1

Postby Wakeman » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:45 pm

Gear not bad. It seems like you did some research.

Besides the chest +150hp, I would also recommend replacing the +8 agi gem in the shoulder (or even the +12 agi on the cloak) with +dodge. This will give you slightly higher avoidance.

There are also tons of tanking rings better than Ring of the Silver Hand. Try to get it replaced if you can.

You will be fine tanking most of the Kara, though the hp is a bit low for Prince and Nightbane. Anyway, you will probably get more epics on the way.
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby Boudi » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:21 am

1. read the stickies.
2. compare stats.
3. do the math yourself.
4. ????
5. see you in the successes thread.
Tanked: KZ(nightbane left), Nalorakk
Boudi

Postby Saphex » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:16 am

Appreciate the feedback. Been farming mats for pots (I think I have enough for like.. 9 flasks of fort.. and countless others.. A bit overboard I think)

But yea, I went with the agility solely because of the scaling with BoK.. The chest.. wasnt suppose to last me this long, but.. Thank you mechanar for never letting my chest drop (I HATE that stellaris now..)

During the run, I know I'll have this forum up checking strats and everything.. My research, came from these boards :D

Mage - PvP
Saphex

Postby ulushnar » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:17 am

No. You're not.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Return to Karazhan