Trashs

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Trashs

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:34 pm

Our MT gave me homeworks >.<

After killing Winterchill and having a "feeling raid" into BT (and getting annihilated by the elementals ^^) he said "ok Worldi, i want a essay on BT trashs, find out if we can abuse of you to have life easier".

Our MT is a very good warrior and is actually addicted to my AoE tanking (he even lets me AoE tank murlocks or some packs in SSC "just to make it faster".

Then, is there any trash where AoE tanking is possible (or even adviceable) or bosses where tankadin can have good things to do?
Or also, if there is a site or guide about trashs, anyone knows such thing? :>
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Cakes » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:51 pm

I really haven't seen any trash that seems to favor us, unless you count Shade of akama (har har). The trash pulls up to Naj are pretty easy, seperate mobs, cc elementals, kill mobs. The trash for Supremus is just annoying as most of it stays in the air and shoots fireballs at people (and often bugs out and dies in the air). The trash leading to Shade is pretty similar to the Najentus trash, with poison aoes. The trash to Bloodboil I guess you could say is easier with a prot pally. I usually tank the two shield bearers in those packs. There are some large group packs with two large orcs in the middle, but they hit so laughably I don't see an advantage of a prot pally other than to keep them clumped up. The trash to Gorefiend is pretty easy, although CC on some of the mobs is better than aoe tanking.

That's all I've seen so far. Reliquary trash looks to be lots of ghosts that you kill quickly, so maybe we benefit there. Maybe Sharaz trash allows the aoeing of blood elves?
Cakes

Postby Lansky » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:03 pm

As far as AE trash pulls.

Supremus has a couple.
Gorefiend has one.
Bloodboil has two.
Shahraz has a handful.

There are others that you could feasibly AE tank but I'll let you take a looksy into the instance. Some of Akama's trash should be managable for instance. None of the trash is that bad, though Gorefiend's trash was a pita the first time. Problem with a lot of BT trash is that many of them have things that make tanking lots of them annoying. Gouges, deaggros, intercepts, etc.

The only boss fight that is really pro pally tank in design that I can think of atm is Council where the rogue add is much more managable as a paladin. We can hold aggro through the BoP he gets with holy damage and we can hold aggro through the Blessing of Spell Warding with standard melee style damage and taunts. On a similar note however there are not many Prot Pally gtfo situations either, though there are a couple.
Lansky

Postby PsiVen » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:56 pm

We didn't have our MT with us to clear Gorefiend's trash this week. He was the one that marked targets on trash, so the end result was that I ended up consecrating half the stuff with some sheeps thrown in, including a double pull or two.

A word of caution:

AoE tanking those mobs is pretty dangerous (make sure you face the bloodmagi away from the raid).

The threat of the raid falling asleep during Gorefiend trash when you use 4 sheeps every pull can be deadly.

Now, we never tried this before (and we're farming Illidan now) but you might consider it. We've always hated the Gorefiend clear because while easy, it takes forever and is immensely boring.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Re: Trashs

Postby fiorina » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:17 pm

Worldie wrote:Our MT gave me homeworks >.<

After killing Winterchill and having a "feeling raid" into BT (and getting annihilated by the elementals ^^) he said "ok Worldi, i want a essay on BT trashs, find out if we can abuse of you to have life easier".

Our MT is a very good warrior and is actually addicted to my AoE tanking (he even lets me AoE tank murlocks or some packs in SSC "just to make it faster".

Then, is there any trash where AoE tanking is possible (or even adviceable) or bosses where tankadin can have good things to do?
Or also, if there is a site or guide about trashs, anyone knows such thing? :>

Najentus trash:
- Melee nagas are dispelling sheeps, must be pulled far far away.
- Hydros thingy hits up to 6k per swing, you'd better wake up your healers

Supremus:
- once you figure out what's going on, keep chainpulling stuff or you spend 2 hours there. Plenty of AoE packs, solotankable. Heal ranged who "tank" netherdrakes.
- turn back of the demons towards the raid

Akama
- use BoF on hunter add
- you can normally tank 2-3 melee mobs if healers are aware, but if you have mages/locks just sheep/banish stuff
- there are hidden "rogues" right after teleport for example, range taunt is handy

There is no shitty or gimmicky trash like before Cthun or Heigan, you should be fine on first run, most of mobs are CCable. Only tricky mob is Sister of Pain in Mother's whorehouse, it has same shield mechanic as Pandemonius on heroic.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:48 am

Get the Hydross gear out - those elementals before Naj'entus do raw nature damage. They're tankable in high-stam gear, but a bit of NR would certainly take the edge off their swings.

I'm curious how well a paladin tank would handle the large group of small poison elementals across from Naj'entus. We currently fear/banish most of them to keep interrupts managable, but I suspect with an initial consecration you'd be able to prevent them from running rampant after the CC and eating a mage or three.

Other than that, as has already been mentioned, there are a handful of scattered AE packs, up until the Shahraz clear. We dropped RoS for our first time last night and poked at the Shahraz trash, and it took me maybe two pulls to start asking when I can get my paladin attuned. Trying to manage 10+ mobs per pull with two warriors and a feral druid is less than enjoyable. Running maybe eight or nine pulls of that before one boss is flat out nervewracking.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Lansky » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:38 am

The main reason you mass fear/banish the little sludge guys is to prevent them from casting their AE poison volley. Even with poison totems and proper healer dilligence having too many cast at once is a ton of raid damage and can be hard to recover from. I've AE tanked them but seen little difference in the end since while they run back to me more reliably they still end up all over the place.
Lansky

Postby Eliane » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:02 am

Splug wrote:I'm curious how well a paladin tank would handle the large group of small poison elementals across from Naj'entus. We currently fear/banish most of them to keep interrupts managable, but I suspect with an initial consecration you'd be able to prevent them from running rampant after the CC and eating a mage or three.
-Splug

I AoE tank most of them in my Hydross NR gear. The other warriors/ferals pick up one each, but the rest is on me. I also tank the big Hydross looking mobs in my NR gear.
Eliane

Postby Neuron » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:36 am

i dunno, we just kinda run up and zerg it. the raid leader has a habit of being impatient and running ahead and getting killed by the first mob and putting us all into combat before buffs go out. i usually just pick something up, taunt off clothies, keep big dudes pointed away from raid. helps alot if you setup targets and assign people to targets and just keep using the same icons over and over. we try and do near non stop pulls. we also definitely banish and fear the little dudes, stun em, w/e. healing paladins put up RF to get random aggro from em. if you are having a problem with them (except for that one 8pack right after najentus which just sucks), there might be something else wrong than just tanking targets.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Elsie » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:21 pm

Blood elf racial aoe silence works on the little nature guys after Naj evidently. Set up a rotation and go to town. (Sorry allies)

Anyone else annihilate themselves on the Servant of Pain on the way to Mother Sharaz a few times? Seems consecrate is a good way to die.
Elsie

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:34 pm

I'm curious how well a paladin tank would handle the large group of small poison elementals across from Naj'entus. We currently fear/banish most of them to keep interrupts managable, but I suspect with an initial consecration you'd be able to prevent them from running rampant after the CC and eating a mage or three.
-Splug

The way my guild clears this pack is every single shaman in the raid pops their Earth Elemental at once and we pull and just AOE.

I'm not even kidding. 3-4 Earth Elementals make it so easymode and it becomes the job of me and the other tank to just run around taunting any that decide to run away from the angry rampaging totems.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:00 am

Uh the earth elemental tactic is interesting. We actually always done those by locks/priest spamming fears and banishes and every tank running around taunting and tanking the tankable :O
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby QuantumDelta » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:17 am

Worldie wrote:Uh the earth elemental tactic is interesting. We actually always done those by locks/priest spamming fears and banishes and every tank running around taunting and tanking the tankable :O
Same as us.
Surely you have AoE DMG issues with the Earth Eles controlling them all?
QuantumDelta

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:26 am

Well, the fact that the elementals are tanking them doesn't mean that you can't banish and fear.

Probably having the elementals allow to not have loose adds which is what kills the raid.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Barristan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:59 am

We just have a tank in some NR gear tank behind a wall, LoSing the elementals from the raid but keeping sight on the healers to keep him healed (think Firemaw). Then we have another tank pull them out 1-2 at a time.
Barristan

Next

Return to Black Temple