Puging Gruul's

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Puging Gruul's

Postby Mo » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:31 am

Hi guys...

I was wondering how hard/easy it is to get into a PUG for Gruul's Lair. I know some guilds can complete it in about 1.5 hrs. I would really like to get the T4 tokens and the only other item of interest is the Shield. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thx :)
Mo

Postby Korath » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:47 am

Our guild does gruul in about 45min (after mag so everyone is already around and buffed) but I dont think I would like to attempt any 25man with random people :(

.::. Karak 70 Resto Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Destro Warlock .::.
.::. Bentusi 60 Ret Paladin .::.
Korath

Postby jere » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:00 am

We did a partial pug a few weeks ago. There were several in the group that had never seen the fight before, but it only took us about 1.5 hours, which wasn't too bad. The best thing about situations like that is the fun you can have with new people:

--------------------------

New Paladin: So what is the strat for High King? Anything I need to watch out for?

Our Hunter: Well, when he reaches 70% health, he will move into phase 2 where he will target random people and debuff them with an ability called Grim Deluge. If you get that, you need to run counterclock-wise around the edge of the room until the debuff wears off or you will wipe the raid.

New Paladin: Gotcha

*few mins pass*

New Paladin: did you say to run counterclock-wise or clock-wise?

Our Hunter: Counterclock-wise

New Paladin: ok, thanks!

-------------------------

We were dying
jere

Postby inthedrops » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:31 am

My paladin tank is an alt, so I never expect to go to GL on it even though the guild has it on farm.

Having said that, I went to my second pugged GL this last Sunday. A guild sponsors it for the server (pretty cool huh?).

I very much enjoy pugs like this when well managed because you can tell everyone wants to do their best. You can also learn a lot of new things as other guilds tend to do things differently.

As a side note, I won the T4 shoulders by rolling a measly EIGHT. I rolled first and cried. Then I see a second roll for a SIX. I almost crapped my pants. No one else rolled. It was epic :)
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Mo » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:54 am

inthedrops wrote:As a side note, I won the T4 shoulders by rolling a measly EIGHT. I rolled first and cried. Then I see a second roll for a SIX. I almost crapped my pants. No one else rolled. It was epic :)

I thought everyone in the group got the tokens automatically, like a Badge of Justice. You have to roll for the tokens?

I am on Drenden Server and would be very interested in joining a guild for a run and even making contributions to your Guild Bank.
Mo

Postby ulushnar » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:04 am

/facepalm

High King Maulgar drops two shoulder tokens of a random type. Gruul drops two legging tokens of a random type.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:04 am

Mo wrote:
inthedrops wrote:As a side note, I won the T4 shoulders by rolling a measly EIGHT. I rolled first and cried. Then I see a second roll for a SIX. I almost crapped my pants. No one else rolled. It was epic :)

I thought everyone in the group got the tokens automatically, like a Badge of Justice. You have to roll for the tokens?

I am on Drenden Server and would be very interested in joining a guild for a run and even making contributions to your Guild Bank.

No sir. Only a couple of tokens drop, and either the master looter gives it to someone based on DKP, or if the place is on farm and a roll instance, people who want it roll for it.

If everyone got a token, a guild could make one trip through each instance and be insta-geared. Gotta love the RNG.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Wakeman » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:59 pm

Complete PUG 25-men by starting one with /2 spamming and auto LFM is impossible.

Though my server has a lot of half guild half PUG/joint guild GL running. Some are very successful. Some not. I think the key is you need someone who is very clear about the fight to give out assignment, and at least a very capable maintank and 3 good healers on him.
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby Equitas » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:30 am

We pugged Gruul again today, maulgar 2 shotted, gruul 2 shotted.

I tanked the priest for maulgar and i actually and this is suprising Offtanked gruul, maintank was a tankadin better geared than me.

Offtanking gruul was so easy, i had an elemental schaman and a shadowpriest in my group with the MT, never went oom, stayed 40K aggro behind our MT and the rest was 30K aggro behind me :D
I had about 520 Spelldmg and 16.5K HP buffed.

Gruul got killed on the 12th grow so it was no biggie, insanely easy to pug if you just invite people from your friendslist :D
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Mo » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:04 am

Good job Equitas....congrats. I will try to see if I can do that with any luck. Keep your fingers crossed. 8)
Mo

Postby Equitas » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:11 pm

I will Mo, report here once you finally pugged that bastard to death ^^

On another note i finally found a guild doing SSC/TK and allows me to stay prot and appreciates prot palas :D

So nice finally tanking all those Phoenix add whores!
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag