Remove Advertisements

Final 15% on Leotheras

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Re: Final 15% on Leotheras

Postby Dehn » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:09 am

Vic wrote:We get a paladin healer with SS (who's usually healing that warlock) to DI the warlock and take the SS, warlock them removes DI and continues attacking the demon

We use a druid with nice FR to tank it..

At about 10% I bop him to remove the buff, usually works like a charm.
Dehn

Postby Kellann » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:02 pm

Rhaenys wrote:Are your warriors Intervening the Demon tank to keep the stacks lower? We do this the whole fight, and it helps a ton.

/facepalm - can't believe I didn't think of that.

I also (at every demon transition) get initial aggro on the demon while the warlock catches and then beats my threat - it'll keep a debuff or three off of him.

Last night we were owning him and as demon phase was ending his life ticked from 17% to 16% (nearly 4min left) and the RL literally said (NO MORE DPS AT ALL!!! Kellann, hit him softish - transition him after demon phase starts) which was cool because we started the 15% part with 0 debuffs on the 'lock.
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby bubblecannon » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:27 pm

Treat this as very much an unsubstantiated claim. I'm hoping to try this out again soon though.

Basically on our guilds last downing of leo I somehow got on demon leo's threat table at around 8% on human leo. Because I was next to the other melee I decided to leg it away to die.

Imagine my surprise when I survived 9 chaos blasts with only 70 FR. Now, unfortunately I don't have a WWS for this, but it appeared that the target point of the chaos blast is chosen, a second or so before it lands. (I have 3/3 PoJ)

Now it looked like I was able to just run flat out and just avoid the chaos blast damage. I'm going to try this again, but if accurate it may let a PoJ 3/3 pally with a small amount of FR gear + FR to outrun chaos blast. If it does work, then just make a 6th group with a hunter and pally in and you should be able to kite like a demon.

Anyway, consider it utter fiction until I confirm it, but something to try if you get a chance.

End of the day, the ability to keep demon leo's focus for a good 20 seconds allowed the raid to down leo with only 1 death - our lock. I've been thinking of letting the war/drood tanks grab leo in the last 15% and simply building threat on leo. If our lock dies, then time to run like a little girl.
bubblecannon

Postby Claydon » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:18 am

I believe if you slow down you DPS when you are close to reaching the 15% mark, the FR Tank can get fully rid of the debuff, which means they survive longer in the last 15%.

Thats what we have done anyway. only downed him twice but it seems to work.
Claydon

Postby daier » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:43 am

bubblecannon wrote:Treat this as very much an unsubstantiated claim. I'm hoping to try this out again soon though.

Basically on our guilds last downing of leo I somehow got on demon leo's threat table at around 8% on human leo. Because I was next to the other melee I decided to leg it away to die.

Imagine my surprise when I survived 9 chaos blasts with only 70 FR. Now, unfortunately I don't have a WWS for this, but it appeared that the target point of the chaos blast is chosen, a second or so before it lands. (I have 3/3 PoJ)

Now it looked like I was able to just run flat out and just avoid the chaos blast damage. I'm going to try this again, but if accurate it may let a PoJ 3/3 pally with a small amount of FR gear + FR to outrun chaos blast. If it does work, then just make a 6th group with a hunter and pally in and you should be able to kite like a demon.

Anyway, consider it utter fiction until I confirm it, but something to try if you get a chance.

End of the day, the ability to keep demon leo's focus for a good 20 seconds allowed the raid to down leo with only 1 death - our lock. I've been thinking of letting the war/drood tanks grab leo in the last 15% and simply building threat on leo. If our lock dies, then time to run like a little girl.

Hilarious. I hope you can do that, LOL. My last two attempts at this guy, I ended up picking the Elf and the Demon at the start of the last 15% and it's a pain to eat 3 chaos blasts while trying to hold the other Elf in place. Lemme know if you CAN run from the Chaos Blast, I'll try to do it myself if I get looked at by the Demon.
daier

Postby guillex » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 am

We used a two pally tank fighting for aggro on the human form strat... Apparently if you keep him in demon form from 16-15%, he'll switch out to human form and stand there for a few seconds, giving you time to nuke before he splits... He does do this, so go balls to the wall during that time.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby daier » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:43 am

Yeah, in my guild we figured that was just a bug or something, and that it happened randomly. But! Late night researching led to some fruitful rewards. The trick to getting him able to be attacked during the transition at 15% is to let him summon the inner Demons at 15%, and then push him under. He'll be able to be nuked so long as people are having to fight their inner demons, which pretty much gives anywhere between 10 - 25 seconds of free hard, pants wetting DPS on the bastard.
daier

Re: Final 15% on Leotheras

Postby Rasmfrackn » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:06 am

Dehn wrote:
Vic wrote:We get a paladin healer with SS (who's usually healing that warlock) to DI the warlock and take the SS, warlock them removes DI and continues attacking the demon

We use a druid with nice FR to tank it..

At about 10% I bop him to remove the buff, usually works like a charm.

Does BoP really work to clear the debuff, or does it need to be DI? DI is tricky b/c it'll wipe their threat too, so it'll have to be done during the 15% split lull, not once they start stacking after that.

We just started last night... 3 tries, 2nd and 3rd were in the 7-8% area. It's embarassing hitting an enrage timer. :) We're having issues with both the timer, and losing the demon tank after the split, so I'm looking to shore up both of those issues.

-- Oh, and also how to get our warlocks killing their inner demons... O.o
That one surprised me, but I guess they're at a -20% disadvantge and they have to deal with pushback on their shadowbolts. Maybe I should just tell them to L2P.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby guillex » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:15 am

Uhm, if you DI someone ... you lose your tank, 'cause you'll die.

Did you mean DS?
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Vanifae » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:17 am

I never thought of using Hammer of Wrath I feel like such an idiot.

Fun fight, that last 15% is such a bitch.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby guillex » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:18 am

Vanifae wrote:I never thought of using Hammer of Wrath I feel like such an idiot.

This ... not that much of a bitch though, just focus on Leo himself, not the demon.

And gg on using HW ... Pickups are so much easier, it's like lawlpie.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Vanifae » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:31 am

Guillex wrote:
Vanifae wrote:I never thought of using Hammer of Wrath I feel like such an idiot.

This ... not that much of a bitch though, just focus on Leo himself, not the demon.

And gg on using HW ... Pickups are so much easier, it's like lawlpie.

This is true, but your DPS have to be very disciplined, or it can be mildly frustrating.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Rasmfrackn » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:24 pm

Guillex wrote:Uhm, if you DI someone ... you lose your tank, 'cause you'll die.

Did you mean DS?

I don't tank everything. :)

Honestly we usually run with 6 healers and 3 prots in our raids. It's been fine for 3/4 TK and 2/6 SSC, but I can see where it might suck for leo and morogrim where the healers can get knocked out of the fight for periods of time.

After last night I'm tempted to throw on my healing gear for this one. Searing totems did the trick on WW pickups, and I swear every time I tried shielding him I must have hit him a split second before the threat wipe. I almost never picked him up with them...

Our issues were people dying to bleeds and the FR tank (lock) dying due to sloppy 15% transitions with debuffs still up. I was just standing around reinforcing the "dps on/off" stages quite a bit. Vital for a first night, but hopefully people learn that for themselves quickly. :)

Have I mentioned I hate the resist system in wow? max resist and you just can't guarantee any damage reduction *at all* in a worst case scenario. EH of a resist set is still just your hps. :( The Lock tank died to 2 8k+ hits in a row both times we got below 15%. I've mentioned the running around option, for once they get a threat lead. We'll see if that helps.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Thacan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:41 am

Two nights of attempts on this guy got us our kill.

1) To whomever said Hammer of Wrath sub 20%, you're amazing. The final 15% pickups were cake.

2) If you're having issues grabbing Leo after a whirlwind, watch a DBM timer and start the Avenger's Shield cast at 0.5 seconds left. Gets him almost flawlessly every time. (Unless you miss. Which sucks. A lot.)

3) I find mana pots > health pots in this fight.

After doing it, I realized people are right - this really is a tailor-made encounter to a tankadin.
Thacan

Previous

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern