Remove Advertisements

Fire Res on Kael?

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Fire Res on Kael?

Postby Ithus » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:42 am

My gm asked me to get some fire res gear for Kael'thas which we'll be starting the end of this week and going to him early next week to get him down asap to get a bit of MH/BT raiding before the expansion.

He said with the tactics he read a tank would need 200 fire res minimum to tank pheonixs and to take conflags from the mage.
Is this a viable tactic in anyones eyes or would i just be better there tanking 3/4 of the weapons for Aoe'ing?

Ps i did a search and read the other topics, but my Gm beleives that me using fire res and tanking pheonixs and conflags, but i think this would gimp my ability to be of use Aoe'ing the weapons in Phase 2 and im not convinced this strategy would yeild the best results.

Signed
/confused Ithus
Last edited by Ithus on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ithus

Postby YoYoMa » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:17 am

We JUST started Kael this week and haven't gotten to tank the phoenixes yet. But I can tell you that you need 0 FR for conflags.

What we do is have the warlock tank with 0 FR on. I stand about 15 yards away to eat conflags while the rest of the range is out at max. She only has time to hit 2 conflags before the she is dead anyway. On the first one I just bubble out of it so that one does no damage at all. The 2nd one hits right about when she dies, a druid just pops a hot on me and I'm fine. We have enough HP that the conflag is pretty much meaningless.

So just bubble out of one and have them heal you on the other. Even if you don't get a heal it won't even come close to killing you. I think it does about 9k total which is probably less than 1/2 your health.
YoYoMa

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:22 am

Your GM is wasting time. We bring two tanks to Kael. Any more than that, and you are gimping your raid's DPS, and P2 and P3 are all about how quickly you can power things down.

No one in our raid brings any FR; the warlock gets an aura and occsionally a resist flask.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:26 am

fuzzygeek wrote:Your GM is wasting time. We bring two tanks to Kael. Any more than that, and you are gimping your raid's DPS, and P2 and P3 are all about how quickly you can power things down.

No one in our raid brings any FR; the warlock gets an aura and occsionally a resist flask.

You can definitely do Kael with more than 2 tanks: we usually bring 3, sometimes 4...we do stack AoE dps though. As far as the rest, I don't know anyone who uses th bosskillers strat for capernian. We use 2 warlocks witgh 0 FR on Cap in phase 1, and 1 warlock in phase 3. I wear no FR, just put up FR aura for tanking phoenixes in phases 4/5.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:27 am

You definitely don't need fire resist for phoenix tanking. The buff you'll get from healers using the mace will mean the phoenixes only hit you for 1-1.5k normally, and you can use the Phaseshift Bulwark's use effect to absorb the explosions from when they die.

That said, after you kill Kael, Fire Resist is useful for Infernal tanking on Anetheron, so it'd probably be in your best interests to get ahold of some anyway.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:29 am

Dorvan wrote:I don't know anyone who uses th bosskillers strat

This can and probably should be said for just about anything.

Bosskillers is useful for finding information about what the bosses actually do, but the strats are usually terrible.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:36 am

Dorvan wrote:You can definitely do Kael with more than 2 tanks: we usually bring 3, sometimes 4...we do stack AoE dps though.

Oh, of course you can :) I just think it's a waste of a raid spot and completely unnecessary. Not that I'm anti-warrior or anything. :twisted:
Last edited by fuzzygeek on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Ithus » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:37 am

Lore wrote:You definitely don't need fire resist for phoenix tanking. The buff you'll get from healers using the mace will mean the phoenixes only hit you for 1-1.5k normally, and you can use the Phaseshift Bulwark's use effect to absorb the explosions from when they die.

That said, after you kill Kael, Fire Resist is useful for Infernal tanking on Anetheron, so it'd probably be in your best interests to get ahold of some anyway.

Thanks for the tips YoYoma, and thanks for the heads up lore i'll do some karazhan runs and heroics to get the Reward fire res stuff for MH.
Ithus

Return to Tempest Keep