Fire resist on Dragonhawk

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Fire resist on Dragonhawk

Postby Magnusharkov » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:00 pm

Hey guys, I've pretty much got nothing left to buy with my badges these days but I still enjoy hitting heroics. I'm considering getting a full flame resist set just so I have another string to my bow. Now the question is, if I have a flame resist set should I wear any of it when tanking dragonhawks adds? And if so which pieces and how much FR?

I've heard conflicting opinions on this and I can see the merit of both arguments. Any thoughts appreciated
Magnusharkov

Postby Invisusira » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:06 pm

A FR aura provides you - and your group - with all the FR you need for the Dragonhawks.
Invisusira

Postby inthedrops » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:42 pm

I've never heard the phrase "another string to my bow" but I like it. That's all I had to say :)
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Sthallas » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:55 am

inthedrops wrote:I've never heard the phrase "another string to my bow" but I like it. That's all I had to say :)

I thought the saying was "another arrow in my quiver"...

As Invis said FR Aura is all you need.
Sthallas

Postby Aplus » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:59 pm

whether or not you wear it for ZA, any serious tank should have a full FR set. It says a lot about your dedication to the job and comes in handy for fights such as alar, anetheron, illidan. even if there is no plan whatsoever for you to perform these tasks, you will be very pleased when you are called on for it and are able to show up with capped FR.
Aplus

Postby Tiandelin » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:41 pm

I've tanked the dragonhawks both with and without an FR set. It's certainly possible without one, but wearing FR will greatly reduce the damage you take, as well as limit the number of debuffs on you. This makes you much less likely to die to a stray flame breath (which will barely hurt you anyway). I find it much easier and certainly less stressful for my healers when I wear FR.

If you're planning on tanking infernals in Hyjal or the flames of Azzinoth, you'll need to buy the badge set anyway.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby Gerilith » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:17 am

As I offheal as soon as the dragonhawks are down (~40% of the boss) I only use FR aura and change some items into spelldmg so that aggro is less of a problem, too.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Azulito » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:16 pm

QUESTION:

This applies not only to the dragonhawks, but also to others like alar's adds, and anything else that fire resist comes in handy for.

Do i need to be uncrittable while wearing my full fire resist set? (346 with just FR aura, no chants)

My defense is 450 in my current FR set, but i'm curious if i should +def armorkit, or +fire resist, or just spell dmg/stamina chants.
Azulito

Postby Aalryn » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:53 pm

I wear fire resist gear on this fight now. It trivializes everything about it. you can get flamed breathed.. who cares. hell you can stand on an orb when it explodes and chances are that you'll live (i've done it). There is just no reason not to.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Magnusharkov » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:49 am

Thanks for the input guys. I've already killed dragonhawk 3 times when doing ZA runs with friends in a more progressed guild but I was just wondering what I can do to make this fight as easy as possible for my current guild.
Magnusharkov

Postby Dnasheen2 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:28 am

I am in a similar position.

We've killed the Dragonhawk boss once a few days ago. While doable, we had a few hairy situations where I know I would feel a little more comfortable with some FR.

I am trying to find a comfortable mixture of FR, Threat and BV.

What would be a good mixture?

A set I was messing around with last night brought me to about 170 FR buffed, 300 +spell dmg and 600ish BV. I can't rememeber what Health I was sitting at though. Maybe about 13k unbuffed.

Any recommendations?
Dnasheen2

Postby 2ndNin » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:58 am

I would also like some help with this, I acquired the FR badge gear (was bored and decided to spend more badges :D, just finishing my healing set as well :D) and enchants / other gear to pad it out so I am not crippled would be great (though I suppose I could just sit and plough through the armoury).
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Zeels » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:38 am

Also planing to pick up some fire badge gear for this fellow. Got badges to spend.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Magnusharkov » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:06 am

I did it the other day with around 200 FR, It seemed like I took a hell of a lot less damage. Tanked all of one side, got 20 or so debuffs, bubbled out of it than tanked the other, v smooth kill.
Magnusharkov

Postby Ris » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:23 pm

Aalryn wrote:I wear fire resist gear on this fight now. It trivializes everything about it. you can get flamed breathed.. who cares. hell you can stand on an orb when it explodes and chances are that you'll live (i've done it). There is just no reason not to.

This
Ris

Next

Return to Zul'aman