Illidari Council

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Worldie » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:16 pm

Is it me or this fight is completely boring and zzzzzz, expecially if your target is actually tanked for less than 5-6 seconds?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Joanadark » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:45 pm

fiorina wrote:
Splug wrote: I know Judgement of Command can be reflected
-Splug

Not anymore AFAIK

Umm...yes it can.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby fiorina » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:35 pm

Joanadark wrote:
fiorina wrote:
Splug wrote: I know Judgement of Command can be reflected
-Splug

Not anymore AFAIK

Umm...yes it can.

ah, ye... I think it's HoJ which can't be reflected now, sorry for confusion
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:28 am

I know because our warlocks sitting at 140% tank threat always get nervous and ask for extremely precise estimations on how much extra threat the tank has from reflected JoCs.

Our bloody Warlocks are insane.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Splug » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:37 am

Judgement of command can be reflected, Judgement of Blood cannot. The cast bar for both of them is just "Judgement," so it gets a little annoying to pop spell reflect and have Gathios standing there like "LOL got you!" I need to get more accustomed to actually being able to see enemy buffs...

... I also forgot to give myself a shaman this week to test grounding JoBlood. Bah.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:47 am

Judgement of command can be reflected, Judgement of Blood cannot. The cast bar for both of them is just "Judgement," so it gets a little annoying to pop spell reflect and have Gathios standing there like "LOL got you!" I need to get more accustomed to actually being able to see enemy buffs...

Yes but he uses the seal before hand, and the judgement will be the same as the seal.
Just look at his buff bar to see which seal he is using.
Joanadark

Postby Splug » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:02 pm

We learned the fight before the patch which removed detect magic, so I got accustomed to just hitting spell reflect whenever the judgement is cast. I've been a bit slow on adjusting, since while it is annoying to burn an extra reflect, there's usually enough threat lead that I'm not worried about it. It's just a "well that was dumb" twinge; the same feeling I got when I took my 66 lock into AV last night and decided to tab through and CoT anything with a mana bar, and kept hitting hunters.

... Then one of the hunters tried to cast Scare Beast with CoT up, and I couldn't stop laughing...

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:10 pm

I realized how overpowered SoB is for this fight while tanking the rogue.
At least since for me he tends to get BoSW likely every 2 vanishes.

Well, i'd still trade it for SoV on any moment.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amran20 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:09 pm

Hmm, for whatever reason, I've done this fight 3 kills, and tanked 3 different council members, so I have pretty good insight on this fight.
The first time I actually fought them, I tanked Gathios, whom my guild leader, a rogue, said would kill me horribly, but somehow he didn't, even though he hits HARD. The "Consecration Confusion" is *really* bad. His looks exactly like ours. The only way for you and the rogues to tell is whenever you consecrate say on vent "That's mine.", and then wait to see 2500 ticks popping up on your SCT. Really, overall, Gathios should go to a warrior.

The next time I killed them, I did Veras Darkshadow. I tanked him left of the door over in that niche, with a Tree Druid occasionally hitting me with a Lifebloom, because, after looking at WWS, I avoided 78% of his hits. I never had a problem with BoSR, when he did get it once I already had aggro since I am a fan of lumping him on the head w/ my AS before he leaves stealth.

The other time, I tanked Lady Malande, and I really had no friggin' clue what I was doing there. My guild leader was like, just move her out of AoEs and the 1 rogue on her and the shaman will do their jobs and interrupt her. I was like, "Ok." That was that.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Malron » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:17 pm

We got to the illidari council last night and the guild had me tanking Lady Malande. Is there a way to get her to move down near to where Gathios is being tanked? We did like 3 attempts at the end of the night and each attempt she just stood in the same starting location and bombarded me with rapid smites.

I started the fight near the door that closes and a hunter MD's her to me. She then just started casting smites on me non stop so i had to run up to her.
When i got into melee range i tried to slowly back her out, but she wouldnt stop casting smites.

Can the smite be counterspelled / kicked so she would start moving? am i doing something wrong? or does she just have to be tanked at her starting location?
Malron

Postby Neuron » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:53 pm

yes it can be interrupted and yes she will then move to melee the highest on her threat list and yes this is tied into part of the pulling mechanic.

and positioning her anywhere near the paladin is bad. usually tank her on the stairs far to the right.

usually have a rogue or two help interrupt her heals (and mages/shamsn when physical immune).

if you are tanking you should also have a rogue interrupt holy wrath for you.

you are better on the rogue here for several reasons.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby fiorina » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:21 pm

Don't waste rogues on her. They can't DPS her 90% of the time because of shields and immunity. Put warrior tank on her and let him + mage tank + 1 mage as a backup to interrupt.
One rogue can shave 15% of their HP alone, it's total waste using them on interrupting unless you want to experience epic 25 minute fight.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:23 pm

I just wondered, what happens at the enrage, we never made it to there (15 min zzzzz), our first kill happened few seconds before eventually...

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:08 am

Worldie wrote:I just wondered, what happens at the enrage, we never made it to there (15 min zzzzz), our first kill happened few seconds before eventually...

they explode
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Jensaarai » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:47 am

We're working on this fight now, and I was wondering if I could get your guy's opinions on a few things.

First: druid or warrior on Gathios. We've been having our warrior tank him, who's better geared than the druid, but a warrior would be nice for the shield bash on Malande, giving an extra dps or two to Gathios...I'm just worried with no spell reflect or spell mitigation the druid would get owned hardcore (our warrior even dips low a lot).

I put myself on the rogue. He's pretty much a no-brainer...

We usually have druids/shamans raid healing, but with the raid damage being so much so fast, I decided it was better not to have druids raid healing, so I put one on the priest tank (also hotting mage tank) and one on Gathios...and had one of my paladins raid healing (along with the priest who was healing me). The shaman was still on Gathios, though I may switch him for the priest on me.

Assuming we have...2 priests / 2 paladins / 2 druids / 2 shamans (some days this is possible...some days 3 priests / 1 shaman...or 1 druid...)...am I correct in putting paladins/shamans raid healing (faster big heals + chain heal?). Also...we've been running with 7 healers, but (aside from our damn spriest(s) dying like every attempt) our healers have been going oom quickly, so I'm going to go next time with 8, but...the fight's hardly halfway over. I think it may help switching the priest/paladin tanks (more dps on Gathios), and having the extra raid healer, but...seems like they shouldn't be going oom so early. I guess we've just been unlucky.

ok I guess that's it for now...thoughts would be great, thanks :)
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple