Remove Advertisements

MT Healing Threat Ceiling on Tidewalker

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Saffire » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:06 am

This works weve been using it for 3 weeks now and it makes the encounter so easy its stupid.

By far the best advantage to this strategy is while your guild is learning the murloc team never gets put in combat with tidewalker. So if they loose the main tank for some stupid reason he kills everyone and resets and all the murloc team has to worry about is the warlock.

As far as not seeing enough threat....I tank this in my full on tank gear with a shadow priest in my group for mana....

The raid leader is our warlock he goes down as far as it will let him and i hit him with the first big heal right after the warning. The first one hits for anywhere from 4 to as high as 7k in tank gear. He usually has a hard time eating himself fast enough to catch up.

You also because your never in combat with tidewalker neer get tombed which takes every ounce of randomness out of the fight.

The problem we did face early was our healers were affraid to heal but using the warlock strat you get so much healing threat from healing so much with no overheal that its practically impossible to pull a warlock. Our healers for the last two weeks now have been going balls to the walla the whole fight but told not to use AEs for 6 seconds after murlos spawn.

Tank never falls below 85% for more than a split second.
Saffire LvL 70 Hellscream - Guild of Ascension
Saffire

Postby Lieris » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:10 pm

Just make sure you have all the warlocks doing the life tap trick. If only one does it and he gets graved, you're a bit stuck.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Noradin » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:31 am

Lieris wrote:Just make sure you have all the warlocks doing the life tap trick. If only one does it and he gets graved, you're a bit stuck.

He won't be in range for the graves.
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Saffire » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:05 pm

Noradin wrote:
Lieris wrote:Just make sure you have all the warlocks doing the life tap trick. If only one does it and he gets graved, you're a bit stuck.

He won't be in range for the graves.

Correct.

We tank tidewalker to the right side (coming in) near the exit hallway. The paladin group is on the left side (coming in) nearest aclove up top to the entrance hallway. Your group is out of LOS of TOMB. I am going to call it out of LOS and not Range because we have noticed that some times when grave occurs the graphic hits the player in the group but they dont get graved and one less person gets sent to graves than normal for each person in that grouped who should of gotten graved.

Were now on our 6th or so week of farming this guy, hes a guaranteed first attempt kill with this strat so long as your MT doesnt DC.
Saffire LvL 70 Hellscream - Guild of Ascension
Saffire

Postby guillex » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:11 pm

We've been doing this:

Invis will tank him in the north doorway.

I stand about 3/4 of the way down the ramp, near where he was initially.

Our GM, a lock, stands at his 39 yard max range and does his DPS thing.

I'm out of grave/earthquake range at this point.

When the Murlocs soon warning appears, the lock starts lifetapping his heart out, and I start spamming FoL like mad. Our healers stick to small heals/HoTs at this point.

When the two packs come straight for me (other than once or twice because of a tiny bit of aggro from a healer) I consecrate, make sure they're in front of me, and HS/consecrate my heart out. I don't like taking my focus off of my GM because it's just easier that way. Then the locks come back, seed, and they're dead just as the next pack is about to spawn.

Basically, if you have a lock that's specced into the healing buff, and you toss a BoL on him, you're golden spamming FoL's like mad. I don't put any healing gear on, and I never run out of mana.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby ShieldLove » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:25 pm

For the initial phase (100-25%), the above strategy is quite solid. We do it close to the same, except for some positioning differences.

The main tank holds aggro at the north doorway. I stand just south of where Tidewalker originally stands. There are two rocks that jut way up in the middle there. By standing just south of them, everyone can see me. I have time to get three Holy Lights off on our best Warlock, who stands just back and to my side. My healer, and our Tomb healer are both off to my side as well.

When the third heal goes off (and I use c. aura to make sure it does), the south group is on top of me and engaged with a HS and a concecrate. The north pack catches up about 3-4s after. At this point, I vent out that the murlocs are engaged, and my warlock drops as many seeds as his near-infinite mana pool allow.

Our only issues thus far have been on the transition for the Globes. My guild wants me to stand to the north, out of earthquake range, but this causes the north pack to be on top of me as i finish my first heal. One heal is too little to cement the bottom group and things fall apart.

I'm thinking i need to be standing parallel to my tidewalker tank (but not in front of the boss at all) and just eat the earthquakes. My warlock buddy will not be able to tap down as far, but we probably should be able to handle it from there.

Also wondering about havign a hunter drop his trap that makes mobs move slower.

Anyone have any suggestions on the last phase of him?
ShieldLove

Postby sucellus » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:13 am

Personally we found that the aggro-by-healing trick wasn't really necessary and a bit messy should things hit the fan.

Seeing as SSC is pretty tank heavy anyway, we've always got 4 tanks at morogrim. I take the ramp, consecrate in the path of the murlocs, I've never failed to get aggro on them unless someone was healing huge amounts which they shouldn't be for those few seconds. I run back a few steps onto morogrim and meet the 2 other tanks (warriors or druids or 1 of each) from the tunnel with their murlocs. I consecrate right on top of morogrim, frost nova, nuke, watch casters/healers closely and taunt any stragglers. Easy mode.

This way, if you get graved:

a) You're tanking pickup spot is closest to the graves.
b) You can bubble out of it once anyway
c) There are other tanks picking up murlocs anyway, they'll just have to be creative if they have to get mine as well as theirs, or a mage can handle them in a pinch.
sucellus

Postby ehly » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:32 am

sucellus wrote:Personally we found that the aggro-by-healing trick wasn't really necessary and a bit messy should things hit the fan.

Then was probably doing something wrong :) Shouldn't ever be messy.

I can stand there with one healer out of range of graves. I put one healing trinket/ring on in addition to my aoe set. 2 Holy Lights on the locks, and the murlocs are on me like glue. The AoE/locks turns on the second consecrate and the murlocs die in a instant. They turn around and burn the boss. Easiest fight in the instance by a far amount.

Our locks use to love this fight they hit 3k+ DPS many times.
ehly

Postby juggi » Wed May 21, 2008 2:34 am

We use a different strat, mainly because we had 2 Paladins when we started SSC. Pull TW into a corner with the MT backed into corner. The murlocs will funnel in on a narrow path around either the corner, or a pillar. Frost trap from hunter and Consecrate picks them up everytime. And because they have further to run in one direction you pick up the closer group in time to grab the others as they come in. Healers/DPS all stand right behind TW and AE DPS and heals hit full raid, no reason to slow healing or waste my tiny mana pool on heals. Bubble out of grave, or have a warrior blow a taunt if you are on CD.

Very easy , and repeatable strat to learn. And most of the responsibility falls to us, which in my experience is always the safest ).
juggi

Postby Widdox » Thu May 22, 2008 12:59 pm

You will never get graved if you stand on the second level on the right int he alcove. Bring a healer and 1 lock to stay in tehre with you. They won't get graved either. And go to town.
Widdox

Previous

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern