Heroic Mana-Tombs

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic Mana-Tombs

Postby Tranzity » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:12 am

So, after the (now) regular Heroic SP we went to Heroic Mana-Tombs.
Too bad our Warlock hasn't got the key so we replaced him with a Feral Druid.

Our party:
Prot Paladin
Holy Paladin (blue)
??? Rogue (epic)
??? Hunter (epic)
Feral Druid

And it was a disaster!
The first trash went wel, Rogue was sapping and solo'ing the mages, I took the rest. When I checked KTM, my TPS was 200, very low.. Strangest thing since we went to SP before I had a TPS which was always higher then 600+.

Okay, First boss was cake, if the druid also heal, and stop DPS when he use his special ability, I stopped even casting HS, and swapped my Darkmoon Card: Vengeance for something else.

After that we were struggeling through the trash, I simply can't maintain enough hate, so the mobs were juggeling between the party members. After the 2nd boss (pushover) and some trash the rogue calls it a day, and we've replaced him by my personal Resto/Elemental Shaman. The trash is even worser with the Immolate casting mobs, after that we stand before a group of 4, and I called it a night.

I've heared they replaced me and the druid with a warrior tank and mage and wiped for another 2 hours to finally kill the last boss. Too bad they didn't have the key to do Yor. And guess what happened: Plate Bracers dropped ...

Hell, next time I do heroic Mana-Tombs I want 2 CC'ers, without that I never set foot in Mana-Tombs again!

Some thoughts: First boss doesn't do Shadow damage? or only his knockback? How do you handle the trash? Generally: Bosses in Heroics are too simple, only the trashmobs are harder now? (thinking about SP, Underbog, BF and Mana-Tombs)
Tranzity

Postby ulushnar » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:21 am

Right, any instance with a Rogue CCing is gonna be a nightmare for aggro. It's dangerous to use Avenger's Shield to frontload aggro since you might break a sap. If you don't use Avenger's Shield though, then you miss out on a massive amount of burst aggro. Also, when a Shadow Priest uses Vampiric Embrace, it generates a massive amount of aggro.

Basically, if you go with a rogue, ask for aggro time before your DPSers nuke.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Dunkan » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:08 am

All blessed with salvation?
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Dunkan

Postby Phaex » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:33 am

Manatombs is a nightmare, yes.
I went for a quick run for the enchanting recipe recently. Was my first time in there and definitely the last. I experienced the same problems with building up threat.
Alot of trash seems to reset agro regularly. At least the stalkers (i believe they were called that way)do, which are in nearly every pull till the end.

Lucky me it was nonheroic and a full random run. But hey, i felt really sad when "tanked" mobs just ignored me and ran to some 66ish healer.

They do not have holy resistance, not a single mob in there has. That was the first thing i looked after.

Salvation on everyone helped a bit. But didn't solve the problem. Something is wrong with manatombs mobs, thats a fact.
Phaex

Postby Mortehl » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:40 am

Can you link your armory please? How much spell damage do you have on your gear? Even with a Rogue you should be fine. You might need some help with your pull style.

When I'm dealing with a rogue, this is what I do:

I stand behind the party and wherever possible, I have the party about 15-20 yards from the pull point. I have the rogue sap and either have a hunter pull or the rogue throw something to start the pull. I then have them run STRAIGHT at me while I'm casting captain america. It works out that I front load hate just as the targets are near the front point of the party in the engagement zone. Mage/Locks use their CC as needed and I'm doing my thing.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Phaex » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:46 am

Its not like i have agro issues anywhere else. I believe that counts for Tranzity too.
I'm tanking stuff in scc/kara against full flasked raids with no real problems and i have cleared nearly every heroic out there.

The strange thing is, i never heard of other tanking classes having problems in there. It has been done a million times, enough for a few topics to show up here and there. But there haven't been any.
Phaex

Postby Aurica » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:23 pm

I only have 245 Spell damage and my threat generation is excellent for most encounters, Heroics/Kara. But when I step in mana tombs, the mobs will leave me and start hitting on our clothes and 1 shotting them.

I don't think I am the only one facing this...
Aurica

Postby Tranzity » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:16 am

Got Continum / Cystalsword without SP enchant (yes, i know)
2x +12 enchanted on my rings
Tier 4 gloves
and i can swap my Bold shoulder to Righteous and can swap aldor chest to the Righteous one.
so base 190 spelldamage / maxed 230 spelldamage.

Too bad, i'm wearing my 'grind' gear now.
Tranzity

Postby Kvaern » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:41 am

I've never bothered running MT on heroic but I ran it quite a few times while reping up and I don't recall having any aggro issues there.

Was just aoe tank and spank as usual iirc.

I'll find out soon though, one of my upcoming projects is to farm it for the heroic shield until it drops.
Kvaern

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics