1st Time - Kara Main Tank

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

1st Time - Kara Main Tank

Postby Deadlance » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:05 am

Last night was my first night main tanking kara. All in all it went pretty well.

Group make up -
Me - MT
Warrior - OT
Druid - OT / OH / DPS
Priest - MH
Shaman - MH
Mage
Mage
Mage
Rogue
Hunter

I MT'ed Midnight, warrior OT'ed Attumen, I MT'ed when they stacked - Easy 1 shot

Moroes - I MT'ed Moroes, and BoSac'ed the OT warrior to break my gouge. I also held the prot warrior and the ret pally while the group DPS'ed down the holy and shadow priest. - Easy 1 shot

Maiden - I actually let the warrior MT this. He wanted to really bad, so I just put on my healing gear. I kept him BoSac'ed the whole fight, and was the main healer for him during this fight. - Easy 1 shot

Opera - OZ - Warrior picked up Tinman, I got Tito and Roar (because we didnt have anyone that could fear him... no warlock, hunter was skeered fear beast wouldnt work well) - Burnt Dorothy, then Tito, then roar...etc - Easy 1 shot

Curator - MT'ed Curator with the Warrior as my super soaker. Threat building is nuts in this fight. I had 41k threat by the first evocate, and over 100k threat by the end of it. - Super Easy 1 shot on the 2nd Evocate

Aran - Slapped on my healing gear (+1600 heals and 12k mana unbuffed) - He bugged first run, Flame Wreath and Blizzard and Arcane Explosion all at the same time. Not a thing we could do. 2nd run, our server crashed in the middle of the fight (stupid patch day crap) and we all got back on and were dead. 3rd try, blew him up with 60% mana left on him. No sheeps. When the Elementals spawned, I picked them up and brought them to the center, and consecrated to hold them. 3 mages AOE'ed like mad and dropped em quick.

We stopped there. Approximately 2.5 hours.
Deadlance

Postby ulushnar » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:32 am

IBTL!

You do know we have an entire thread for people to post their Successes in?
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Deadlance » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:01 am

heh. I wasnt thinking about posting the success... I was intending on asking a question about 1 section that I had a hard time with.... I just forgot about it by the end of the post lol.

The mobs after Curator, where there are 3 mana worms and an elemental guy... they are immune to spell damage.... How do you go about tanking them? We just had a free for all and several people died a few times on those pulls... is there a good way for me to go about getting and holding aggro without any spell damage?
Deadlance

Postby ulushnar » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:08 am

Deadlance wrote:The mobs after Curator, where there are 3 mana worms and an elemental guy... they are immune to spell damage.... How do you go about tanking them? We just had a free for all and several people died a few times on those pulls... is there a good way for me to go about getting and holding aggro without any spell damage?

I let the physical DPSers take care of them, since they're immune to everything I do, including my stun and my taunt. They don't hit too hard, so your hunter, rogue and OT Warrior should be able to handle them whilst you tank the Elemental (who isn't immune).
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Zeels » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:55 am

Same here... Tank the elemental, then
switch two my 2hander for the leaches.
That or try and raise my unarmed skill or whatevere :)
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Pizbit » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:57 am

P.S. I'm in your guild stealing your mages.
Last few runs I had to use vendor water, QQ.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Sthallas » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:07 am

Ulushnar wrote:I let the physical DPSers take care of them, since they're immune to everything I do, including my stun and my taunt. They don't hit too hard, so your hunter, rogue and OT Warrior should be able to handle them whilst you tank the Elemental (who isn't immune).

FYI: They aren't immune to your taunt.
Sthallas

Re: 1st Time - Kara Main Tank

Postby Dianora » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:13 pm

I'm a converted protection Paladin. As such, my tanking experience in Kara is utterly inverted. The first boss I tank in Kara is Illhoof, with a pick up group (#1 on damage meter). The 2nd boss I tank is Prince...

Yesterday got dragged into an Alt Kara run because they cannot do Maiden with 5 melee DPS and have zero paladin healer. Fortunately I have enough stamina and avoidance to last through the repentance.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby guillex » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:20 pm

Y'know, those mobs are probably another decent place for you to pull out your warrior tanking weapon. Little more white damage, extra dps, bit more utility.

Or, you could sit back and spam cleanse on people getting drained.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Return to Karazhan