Remove Advertisements

Curator Glitch?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Curator Glitch?

Postby Antharas » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:03 am

Usually when we do curator we have our elemental shaman toss lightning bolts at him every now and then so he stays #2 on threat, that way he eats the 5k arc bolts that curator does. well, last time i tanked him, he was arc bolting me. so i had agro, and was getting hit as if i had 2nd agro... was this just a glitch?

ps, didnt effect our raid much at all, we outgeared the fight by a good amount, 5k extra damage on me was nothing... was jsut curious why it happened
Antharas

Postby Pizbit » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:04 am

Dunno, but I wish I got that glitch! I let holy shield drop a lot so I get some mana back. 4.5k crushes == lol.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Antharas » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:41 pm

Pizbit wrote:Dunno, but I wish I got that glitch! I let holy shield drop a lot so I get some mana back. 4.5k crushes == lol.

:-D lol
Antharas

Postby Sarima » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:39 pm

Doesn't he do the bolt thing to the character that is not tanking and has the most health?
Worldie wrote:[...]omg, WotLK will seriously hurt my bran.
Sarima

Postby Pizbit » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:43 pm

No, second on aggro.
Pizbit

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:54 pm

He always fired at person with more HP as far as i've seen. Else i'd not justify the prot warrior eating bolts while hitting only the adds.

Interesting glitch tho.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Pizbit » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:58 pm

Worldie wrote:He always fired at person with more HP as far as i've seen. Else i'd not justify the prot warrior eating bolts while hitting only the adds.

Interesting glitch tho.

I've been hateful boat soaker just healing on my shaman until the first Evo, then someone else would become the soaker.
If anyone is designated to get 2nd on aggro so I don't take them, they get the bolts.
Pizbit

Postby 2ndNin » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:41 am

The bolts won't kill the OT, if he doesn't have enough hits to take the damage it won't hit him, and will instead pick another target. Likely what happened was that there was no one else in range of the attack so you got picked (not sure if this happens on curator but it does on gruul, though the curator picks a ranged target not just a melee).
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby mazater » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:56 am

2ndNin wrote:The bolts won't kill the OT, if he doesn't have enough health to take the damage it won't hit him, and will instead pick another target. Likely what happened was that there was no one else in range of the attack so you got picked (not sure if this happens on curator but it does on gruul, though the curator picks a ranged target not just a melee).

Edited your typo, and range doesn't have any matter in this fight whatsoever.
I've never seen the bolt hitting MT, however I can imagine it being possible(Not very likely though.)

That would be before first Evocation, when only the healers and the OT has aggro on curator, however none of them has enough HP to take the arcane bolt, so the only target it can hit is you.(The arcane bolt targets the 2nd one on his aggro, if that person would die from it, he targets the 3rd one on his aggro etc)

I'd say it's most likely a glitch, bug, whatever.
mazater

Postby Erutaron » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:50 am

The hurtful bolts for Curator will hit the person with the highest combined Agrro + Heath

Ex.
Code: Select all
Person 1 --> 7k of 11k HP, 25k Threat (32k total)
Person 2 --> 9k of 9k HP, 24k Threat  (33k total)***Takes the Hurtful Bolt***

Person 2 gets a 4k Hurtful bolt
Person 1 gets a Heal to Full HP

Person 1 --> 11k of 11k HP, 30k Threat  (41k total))***Takes the Hurtful Bolt***
Person 2 --> 5k of 9k HP, 34k Threat (39k total)

For this reason it is very important to have your soaker healed to full at all times.
Erutaron

Postby Antharas » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:15 pm

Erutharon, accoding to you I should be taking all of the hateful bolts on curator? or does ur equation thing not count the main tank?

@ other posts, most of my raid has 10k+ hp buffed and are usually kept pretty full... the odds that it scrolled through 9 other ppl under 5k hp b4 getting to me are well... impossible lol. i guess it was just a glitch, perhaps i can get it more often lol
Antharas

Postby Everlight » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:14 pm

I doubt that it's a simple sum like that. The reason why I doubt so is that I have encountered in many instances situations where the Warlock HB soak has had ~100k threat, and a Hunter (who has FD'ed earlier in the fight) starts copping the bolts.

If the math was a simple sum, it would simply not be possible for the Hunter to ever receive any bolts, since they don't have 100k health.
Everlight

Postby Erutaron » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:50 am

Hmm...

From the experiences I have had in there, and from the information our guild had read, when we were learning the fight, that was the mechanic that worked for us.

From just normal knowledge of how secretive Blizz is about it's spell mechanic's, no one actually knows 100%, except for blizzard themselves.
Erutaron

Postby Sthallas » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:53 am

Pizbit wrote:No, second on aggro.

That statement is flat out wrong, incorrect, false.

The bolt is always targeted at the person on his threat table with the highest CURRENT HP not including the person who is no 1 on threat at that time, ie. he won't target the tank (usually :D ).
Sthallas

Postby Antharas » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:00 am

went back last night and didnt get the bolts :'(
Antharas

Return to Karazhan