Suggestions request: Seals and Dodge+Parry

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Suggestions request: Seals and Dodge+Parry

Postby Dynaheir » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:11 pm

I'm considering tanking Gruul as soon as I get my Pocket watch and probably replace an additional blue from my gear into my last Kara upgrades. My questions to all you experienced Gruul tanks are the following..

I understand this fight to be a really intense Threat/dps fight. Am I better off using SoV or SoR? My concern is that During silences (and heck, even out of them!) most of the time my 5 stack breaks, and its wasted time and Threat. Whereas SoR/JoR spam is more mana intensive. Is there any chance of going OOM in this fight? (I don't think so, but alas, doesnt hurt to ask). If so, do I chunk Mana potions or save the cooldown for Healing ones during the "OH SHIT!" moments?

And second, more "am I ready"-focused. I understand after 10+ growths this guy starts hitting incredibly hard, possibly 1-shotting tanks. Even tho I consider my unbuffed health pretty decent, roughly 15k~, I was looking at other Gruul tanks and finding out they've got some more raw avoidance than me, what Parry+Dodge is the min. req. for this guy?

Thanks in advance,
Dyna
Dynaheir

Postby Antharas » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:48 pm

the only time i ever have mana issues on gruul is pre-growth 4-6ish. you need to get and keep pretty high threat for the whole fight (i usually hit wings and pull with shield + JoR, pull to the center, concecrate, and start up my rotations (i hit HS b4 pulling btw..). as soon as get to -2000ish mp i hit a mp pot to start the cooldown as fast as possible. by the time they are back up gruul should be doing enough that ur getting lots back from healing. at which point just use ironshield pots.

not sure about the whole avoidance thing, i think im at around 45-50% avoidance total (maybe a little less) and I do fine on gruul, never actually tanked him to the end but thats cause i dont pay attention and am an idiot (let HS down for 2 secs and got 14k crushing, gg)

i cant say whats better for u w/ silence using JoV or JoR, i only have JoR... just remember to keep ur pocketwatch ready and pop it for silences, mouse over LoH too haha. Ive never had any real issues w/ them, its only like 3 seconds or something, and if all the dps is behind him (to stop parries) you can usually live through that.
Antharas

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:38 pm

As a general rule, as long as you don't outgear the boss, you don't have mana problems.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dynaheir » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:32 pm

Antharas wrote:not sure about the whole avoidance thing, i think im at around 45-50% avoidance total (maybe a little less)
I wanna make sure 45% avoidance cuts it, any other input on this guys?
Dynaheir

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:27 pm

It's quite low but acceptable. You'd want a 50-60% pure avoidance or more if you can, so in case of a unlucky silence at least you have bigger chances of surviving. If that doesn't nerf your HP/threat, get more avoidance.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag