Remove Advertisements

Warchief Kargath Bladefist

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:59 am

Naima wrote:whenever I tank this, any mail/plate DPS always survives the stupid whirlwind (as I assume it's mitigated by armor), and clothies ALWAYS die (rogues sometimes).

if you just pat them on the back and say 'I love your spelldamage, but put on stam gear' they should survive if everyone is significantly spread out to prevent too many pings on multiple people. It's hard to heal even for good group healers. It depends almost entirely on if your DPS can survive then let the healer pick up the pieces after. (in my experience)
Going past 8k health really seems to be the big thing you need here. Did this heroic and our hunter at 6k health kept dieing too fast. on the third try I gave him stamina food and told him to use whatever he can to survive, even if he's just going to be filler. Worked.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby 2ndNin » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:54 am

BoPing or Iceblock seems like a bad idea as it seems to remove a node from his blade dance some of the time (so he is only hitting 4/3/2 members of the party instead of 5). Also he can multi hit 1 person while dancing, he doesn't actually have to change player (though the chance is lower it seems), so keeping a clothie up can actually be a challenge.

Key thing I find is build threat fast, then get him down fast, once he hits 20K ish it becomes possible to solo it if the rest of the party dies, so hitting this kind of area should be your primary goal. Also keeping vengence up and not attacking ads (so if he dances you you hit him and hopefully keep up the 5 stack of debuffs).
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Dynaheir » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:56 am

Just the follow up on this since there were a number of replies and concerns..

I've been doing this Heroic almost daily now, never again wiping at this boss. Most of the time my healer is another pally and it's got a huge benefit: 2 BoPs. This and positioning seems to be the key for each of my runs.

I position my groups roughly this way:

Yellow, if not Melee gets to be the 3rd Ranged dps with the most health/survivability. I found locks/hunters to be useful in this position too in case any of the adds go thru they can easily be CC'd on the fly without having me to do some crazy acrobatics to get them back to me (normally towards the end of the fight when I'm OOM and need to downrank consecration for the newest adds).

Red needs to be hugging the wall while in LoS of thealer (keep an eye on the stairs' spiky borders) and as far away from Kargath as possible, and healer on the oppossite stairs. These are the ones we tend to BoP during the first Dance, they can work their way out on the Second one (Ice Block/Healthstone), and boss shold be dead by the 3rd dance.
Dynaheir

Postby Radience » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:02 am

I usually have 1 melee (ideally DPS warrior but ench shaman or rogue will do the trick also) with healer stand on the stairs keeping adds busy. I'll wear block value set and stand on the other side of the room in the corner. Idea is to keep Bladefist charging healer and between everyone in whole group. Ranged dps will stand each on their own corners. This way myself and ranged dps will take very little damage and healer needs to run in to throw couple heals only every now and then. Worked every time so far especially with squishy healer, if your whole group out gears instance then just burn the crap out from him ;-). Never done heroic SH with feral druid, I think it would be really easy if you have druid tank Bladefist and take yourself all adds on stairs.
Radience

Postby Invisusira » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:10 am

Invisusira

Postby Frickit » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:57 pm

Katatonia wrote:
kon wrote:on normal i use to have every1 stand on 2nd step and tank in the circle, this prevents the other players getting hit by kargath when he charges, does this strat still work for heroic?

Last (and only) time I tried that on heroic he killed the entire group standing there on the first blade dance.

Must have group in a cross formation. I stayed right inside by the steps, tanked him and adds... one on left, one on right, one in back and one in middle of room. I hold all adds...spread out his dance is manageable. this strat worked B ueatifully. All dps on boss. Use your shields/bearform/ice blocks w/e when he dances.
Frickit

Postby Pizbit » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:15 am

I wont take anyone who can't hit 9k HP group buffed. No ifs or buts,9k group buffed or don't come.
They also need to have PW:S up always, the mana shield for mages, I hand out kings, if I have a warlock they WILL use an imp, make sure they all use stam food.
Ensure DPS only DPSes the boss, start with max rank consecrate then keep rank 4 down always, you only need to out do healing aggro on the adds remember.
I'd probably BoP a dps before a healer to be honest, the boss doesn't hit hard and it is a DPS race - blade dance hits harder every time he does it.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Frickit » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:18 am

Pizbit wrote:I wont take anyone who can't hit 9k HP group buffed. No ifs or buts,9k group buffed or don't come.
They also need to have PW:S up always, the mana shield for mages, I hand out kings, if I have a warlock they WILL use an imp, make sure they all use stam food.
Ensure DPS only DPSes the boss, start with max rank consecrate then keep rank 4 down always, you only need to out do healing aggro on the adds remember.
I'd probably BoP a dps before a healer to be honest, the boss doesn't hit hard and it is a DPS race - blade dance hits harder every time he does it.

uhh I had a leet ass mage with less than 6K and he never came close to dyin as long as we spread out into a cross.
Before I realized that and we were standin too close to each other...
Mage with 5.5k hp first hit from dance hes at 1.4k second bounce and hes dead, then everyone started dyin.

second attempt I didnt even notice anyones hp droppin barely at all.
Frickit

Postby Pizbit » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:29 am

Frickit wrote:
Pizbit wrote:I wont take anyone who can't hit 9k HP group buffed. No ifs or buts,9k group buffed or don't come.

uhh I had a leet ass mage with less than 6K and he never came close to dyin as long as we spread out into a cross.
Before I realized that and we were standin too close to each other...
Mage with 5.5k hp first hit from dance hes at 1.4k second bounce and hes dead, then everyone started dyin.

second attempt I didnt even notice anyones hp droppin barely at all.

Better safe than sorry :)
Plus I can't rely on them not sucking.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby ldeboer » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:37 pm

Invisusira wrote:Stand at the top of the stairs you run up to pull him.

Group goes to all 4 corners.

Concecrate holds all the ads, they despawn after he dies.

Winar.

Same tactic ... works everytime

BOS on any low HP clothies also helps them but yes mages should at least Iceblcok the 1st so even if they die in the second he is pretty well dead and you can 4 man him to the end .... er somebody rez the mage again :)
ldeboer

Postby ldeboer » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:56 pm

kon wrote:on normal i use to have every1 stand on 2nd step and tank in the circle, this prevents the other players getting hit by kargath when he charges, does this strat still work for heroic?

Wow how long since you have done it that exploit hasnt work in ages even in normal he will stand on the stairs and cleave your party to death.

Was done around the same time they put the door on mech at the fire girl
ldeboer

Postby Ardraaken » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:00 am

Did this on heroic last night with no deaths, group was me (Tankadin ~ 4 part T4), Resto Shaman, 2 Hunters, 1 Rogue. I tanked Bladefist at the top of the stairs and aggroed all the adds as they came too whilst the rest of the group spread out around the platform and DPS'd down the boss (one of the Hunters also chain Frost trapped the area to make the adds move slower and ensure they aggroed me). Only blade danced about 3 times before he went down and no-one dead.
Ardraaken

Postby NarfJones » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:53 am

here's how it works for me.

1. Engage boss.
2. Healer gets bored and starts hitting the boss
3. Healer dies 5 seconds into the fight.
4. We win anyway because he is kind of a pussy.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby ldeboer » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:58 pm

NarfJones wrote:here's how it works for me.

1. Engage boss.

ROFL :)

Short funny story along same lines I got asked by a friend to come do last boss because they all kept dying.

Go in ... check all positioning .. yeah all good ... 1st walk .. 4 corspes me left tanking alone.

Its then I click on them mage has 5K HP, Lock and Hunter around 6 or 7K and priest I think was 8K and this is heroic SH

I rolled about laughing ... I have no idea how long and how many wipes it took to get there but I can imagine :)

I bailed as nicely as possible because noone even had PVP gear to put on
ldeboer

Postby Yinramu » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:21 pm

NarfJones wrote:here's how it works for me.

1. Engage boss.

Hilarity. And so true.

The only people in danger in this fight are your dpsers and healer. He really doesn't hurt as a tank. Tell your healer to keep a closer eye on the dps than on you - at least for me, I can almost survive this fight with just a renew on me (or any other choice of hot). If it's a paladin or shaman healing it, a quick heal every now and again is usually enough to keep your tank up.
Yinramu

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics