Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Fetzie » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:24 am

valura wrote:
Kelerei wrote:
bldavis wrote:21? 90s now....and 2 more in pandaria i am going to try to level before WoD

wait..this is the /sigh i have no life thread right?

You asked for it...

obviously :P

I always thought it was a bit strange that a weapon named "Slayer of the Lifeless" was stacked with defensive stats.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby bldavis » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:50 pm

Skye1013 wrote:Honestly... just wait until he runs in trying to tank in cat spec/gear... easy enough.

/sigh

i forget to switch specs one time and pull nef as kitty and i never live it down

love you too skye -.-
edit: appropriate avatar is appropriate

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby bldavis » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:58 am

so....
ok yes this prob should go in relationships but
i am about to go on my first actual "date" since hs...12 years ago

granted its just lunch, but still
and we already have a second date scheduled for friday night

edit: so that was our first and last date...great connection in text, not so much in person at least for her
Last edited by bldavis on Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:57 am

bldavis wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:Honestly... just wait until he runs in trying to tank in cat spec/gear... easy enough.

/sigh

i forget to switch specs one time and pull nef as kitty and i never live it down

love you too skye -.-
edit: appropriate avatar is appropriate

One time, he says. One time, he swears.

While it's true that it was one time (he proclaims) on Nefarian, conveniently he forgets the other times.

But...it was just one time.

One time, he weeps.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:22 pm

one....time

times about 5...

THIS MEANS NOTHING! :P
(i actually dont remember how many times i did it, i know it wasnt THAT many though)

bldavis

Postby Sagara » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:30 pm

Meh, happens to everyone.

I'm suddenly reminded of a former guildie that wanted to bring his Pally tank to our Ulduar run, at least the early part.
Kologarn. "Pull". THere he goes, and goes....

And gone.

"Wait, you CAN fall down there?" he says.

Many lulz.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:25 am

Sagara wrote:I'm suddenly reminded of a former guildie that wanted to bring his Pally tank to our Ulduar run, at least the early part.
Kologarn. "Pull". THere he goes, and goes....

And gone.

"Wait, you CAN fall down there?" he says.

Many lulz.

I've personally done that on the very first pull of Kologarn in Wotlk :D
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:34 am

Worldie wrote:I've personally done that on the very first pull of Kologarn in Wotlk :D

I'm lucky I'm WAY too paranoid for that kind of shit. Although I DID cause him to smack a melee that first time :-p Damned if you do!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby valura » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:23 am

Worldie wrote:I've personally done that on the very first pull of Kologarn in Wotlk :D

Sounds vaguely familiar...
/flashback
RL: Wait, where's [Tank's Name]
Raid: Eh?
RL: Why is [Tank's Name] dead? Healers? BREZ!
MH: Can't target him, he's out of reach!
RL: WTF?
Raid: LMAO... *wipe

Can't wait for something like that to happen again when our 80 wotlk-group goes and does Ulduar10...

Personal success : 9/9 CM Gold completed on my MT, although they wouldn't let me tank, and I had to go Ret... Hadn't been ret for over 5 years, so that was quite entertaining. Also entertaining was the pre-run instructions:

PL: Don't move in front of the tank, don't pull before the tank, DPS the marks in the correct order, and don't stand in shit.
Me: So basic dungeoning logic, right?
PL: Sorry, been farming Runestones in LFR on 3 of my alts for the last couple of days... you'll do fine.
Me: ...
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (100) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (100) Prot | Arishem (100) Frost | Hashishin (96) Combat | Maurgane (91) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (81) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (97) Destro | Dejiko (51) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (55) BM | Xiaohongquan (80) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:43 pm

The Guild Destroyer successfully destroyed another guild o/
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:36 pm

Worldie wrote:The Guild Destroyer successfully destroyed another guild o/

Glad to see you haven't lost you touch. :-)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:41 pm

So my casual raiding guild is struggling to field a weekly roster, but we are managing to keep weekly runs going, but the harder core group that was formed from some of our core, including our two best healers, is on the verge of meltdown.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Newsom » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:38 am

Finally got a warforged vial. Only took 50 coins.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Amirya » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:51 am

Simultaneous success and amusement.

I take Amirya into LFR when I can be arsed, but I take her as a healer instead of a tank. I set my loot pref to tank, though. I've been doing the Celestials too, and a couple weeks ago, she got the tier pants. Last night, I arrived just as a whole bunch of flagged Horde started attacking Xuen. He's at 3% when I'm in range, so I just HoW him, and then get a judgement in, and it's done. I got the gloves off him.

Now I have to decide if I'm going to go back to working on the legendary on her, but she's still in stage 1 with the sigils. I'm thinking probably not (I got the cloak on my shaman, that's good enough).

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:19 pm

Nice success! I'm curious as to your cloak decision. I've stopped playing but plan to pick up the xpac and have another go. I'm not sure whether I want to continue tanking, so I'm thinking of prepping another toon for the xpac. I'm trying to decide if I want to re-sub early to do the cloak quest on the other toon, or go for any of the BoA weapons.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Cutesy, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Amirya » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:09 pm

Ami is at 9 and 5 sigils, and it seems every LFR I get into, regardless of the day or time, everyone is busy heaping abuse on everyone else in full-on dick mode. I'm working full time and going to school full time, so I don't really want to play for the additional stress. I'd rather take her as a tank than a healer, but I'm also not interested in the wait times that tanks and dps have (and it seems the drop rate of these things are ridiculously lower than normal, but that's all perception). It's mostly just a bunch of small shit, but it's enough that my care-meter is down in the red zone. I would love to be able to get a BoA, as I've cleared SoO Flex repeatedly, but the group I was going with stopped in December.

Seriously, the most important thing my paladin has done in the last six weeks is upgrade her farm entirely, and get her cooking to 600. Oh, and get the two tier pieces.

Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:22 pm

Amirya wrote:and it seems every LFR I get into, regardless of the day or time, everyone is busy heaping abuse on everyone else in full-on dick mode. .

I'm afraid pretty much ALL lfr are like that nowadays (save rare exceptions). The large majority of good players are done since ages with cloaks, and likely are in "cba mode" until WoD, so all is left running LFR is the crowd of sub-par players who can't even kill simple bosses. I mean, today I ended up in a group with 3 stacks of determination on IMMERSEUS. I was like..... ok, I'm out.

Regarding the cloak, with the removal of the Valor point step shortly, and Gaze of Black Prince permanent until WoD, you can likely complete the cloak just the last week of MoP. Not sure if then it's worth the hassle.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:43 pm

gaze is going away when 6.0 hits....that is why i am pushing so hard on my hunter to get his cloak

bldavis

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:04 am

I thought I read that they decided to prolong Gaze up to the end of MoP since in 6.0 Legendary quest won't be obtainable anymore but will still be finishable if you have already started it until WoD launch... Did I dream it?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:09 am

last i heard it was only to the patch, but it was almost certainly secondhand and not from blizz itself so...

bldavis

Postby Nooska » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:41 am

seriously? the quest is going away?

That willl be the firts legendary to be unobtainable later then, yes?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby valura » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:54 am

Nooska wrote:seriously? the quest is going away?

Not quite. They previously removed the Atiesh questline, and the original weapons. Also, the Black Qiraj Mount only obtainable to the first person who rang the bell during the opening of Ahn'Qiraj.

This does seem to contradict previous statements that Blizzard would not be removing any more Legendaries from the game, or the means to acquire them.
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (100) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (100) Prot | Arishem (100) Frost | Hashishin (96) Combat | Maurgane (91) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (81) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (97) Destro | Dejiko (51) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (55) BM | Xiaohongquan (80) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:15 am

Nooska wrote:seriously? the quest is going away?

Yes, quest is no longer obtainable in 6.0 and all intermediate quests will be removed from quest logs when WoD ships (was in several blue posts, feel free to check older pages from MMO Champions).

They are also giving a token title (the Legend) to those who obtained the cloak, and in 6.0 lifting the cloak requirement from Ordos.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:30 pm

Also, the Black Qiraj Mount only obtainable to the first person who rang the bell during the opening of Ahn'Qiraj.

*as well as anybody that rang the gong within 24 hours of it being struck.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Nooska » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:27 am

They've been very quiet about it - that actually gives me reason to work on getting it at least once... was thinking I could always go back and get it.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

PreviousNext

Return to General