Warlords of Draenor

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Era » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:03 pm

melisandyr wrote:What do other people think about the Horde buildings?

I know they're somewhat evocative of the Warcraft 2 and 3 buildings, but I'm really struggling to get excited about them. I guess I was really hoping (as a blood elf) I could have some Forsaken architecture, not a set of cave-orc huts.

Hopefully some day we'll get to chose the architectural style of our garrisons. I'd love me a hidden underground Forsaken base, concealed up top by a misty ghost town.
I do feel the current Horde garrison looks a little bland though. I'm not sure exactly why, but it feels a little generic. Anonymous Orc town X.

I think perhaps the surrounding nature has something to do with it. The white stone and blue drapes of the Human town goes very well with its grassy surroundings and purple trees. The wooden barricades and torn red banners of the Orc town feels a little out of place in the snow. It works better on the savannah.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby jere » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Speaking of Garrisons, how does one get their town hall to level 2 (alliance if that matters)? I see it is upgradeable, but neither architect offers an option to do so.
jere

Postby Flex » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:20 pm

jere wrote:Speaking of Garrisons, how does one get their town hall to level 2 (alliance if that matters)? I see it is upgradeable, but neither architect offers an option to do so.

I've read that it is bugged and only dropping for alchemists at the moment as the quest path requires that building.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby jere » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:11 pm

Well that's stinky
jere

Postby Andurin » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:17 am

Truth to be told. The first thing I noticed when I started playing the beta a bit (after setting up the character etc) was how dark it was :o I actually had a feeling that I was playing at night time this time ^^

Hope they take it a bit further, make certain mobs spawn only in the dark and such. And make a minor glyph that make paladins radiate a light in the darkness ofcourse :D ^^
Andurin

Postby Newsom » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:30 pm

Andurin wrote:And make a minor glyph that make paladins radiate a light in the darkness ofcourse :D ^^

Glyph of the Luminous Charger? :D
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:21 pm

I'd think of the glyph getting removed that makes us spawn minisunwells everywhere :v (the graphic on crit heals one, can't remember the name)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Andurin » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:00 am

Worldie wrote:I'd think of the glyph getting removed that makes us spawn minisunwells everywhere :v (the graphic on crit heals one, can't remember the name)

But but but.... I love mini sunwells on everyones heads...
Andurin

Postby Thels » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:43 am

I think the biggest problem that horde players have with the Garrisons is indeed that they're not Alliance and Horde garrisons, but Human and Orc garrisons, and the Orc style just doesn't work for a lot of Horde races. The Human style is more acceptable among the Alliance races.

In a perfect world, they'd add a few more looks, such as Night Elf, Draenei, Blood Elf and Forsaken, and then let players pick and choose from 3 different styles. Unfortunately, that would be 3 times the work, and probably end up all the buildings looking pretty bland.

I personally play human on any toon I can (not that big on Shamans and Druids, and I said my vanilla Dwarf Priest goodbye long ago), so it's not a problem for me, but I can really see the issue.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:18 am

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Thels » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:49 am

As predicted, alliance gets their bike as well. It's going to cost us in game gold, though. I wonder how much.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:59 pm

By any chance, has anyone of the blizz guys addressed why Holy Wrath still uses the awful meteor effect for Holy Wrath's damage?
---
Klaudandus

Postby Newsom » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:10 pm

Klaudandus wrote:By any chance, has anyone of the blizz guys addressed why Holy Wrath still uses the awful meteor effect for Holy Wrath's damage?

They think it's "iconic" and like it how it is. See the redesigned Avenging Wrath.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:12 am

Wow... latest build has just about every pally ability do more damage.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:25 am

It's number pass time bro. Pretty much every single ability in game "does more damage" in that build :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General