Well, that was easy! When does T-6 get harder than Vashj/KT?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Tamlin » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:59 am

I think there was method to their madness :)

By the time you killed Kael, more than likely you had just about everything needed from SSC/TK anyways. The first bosses in MH/BT were possibly meant to replace those instances so there was a steep drop off. Raiders would not get burned out having to juggle 4 raid instances at once.

We are going back to hit Kael for the first time in almost 5 months. It will be interesting to see how much easier he is.
Tamlin

Postby knaughty » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:05 pm

Dawnrunner wrote:This is just kind of random along the veins of this post. But any other Protadins appreciate the system of 'thanks for clearing all those waves for us, now go outside while we kill the one boss you actually could use an item from'?

Well... I'm GM, and one of the raid leaders, but "not going to happen".

That being said, I was on my Warlock till after our first Vashj kill when I swapped toons.

I would NEVER do that to a tankadin - the trash is the boss for the first couple of things in Hyjal.

We aim to run an entire night's raiding with the same team. If you need lots of tanks for trash, but a particular boss doesn't, well, whatever, we'll have leet tankadin DPS/heals, or a spare prot warrior swinging a 2-hander. We run a couple of feral druids in raid for exactly this reason.

The only exceptions so far are things like

• Hydross - where we'll drag in the resist tanks that might otherwise want the night off - they kill Hydross and then go do RL stuff.

• Vashj/Kael: We can't beat these encounters with a balanced raid, we have to stack the hell out of them to win. So we do Vashj with one prot warrior, one tankadin, one feral druid as DPS. Took a few kills to key the tank team. Kael, we only take 6 healers, and LOTS of AE, so it's taking a long time to key the healers.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby knaughty » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:10 pm

Oh, and to update our KT trials and tribulations....

We didn't get him Wednesday, because we took 7 healers and didn't have the DPS to take advantage of "nerf mode" and got to do him the "old fashioned way" and failed.

Thursday night was a full raid night on KT, 14 extra vials if we could kill him. Three hours later, we finally strung a full set of perfect phases together, got him to 50% and Phase 5, 25/25 people alive and ready for the kill....

He does the "walls fall down emote"...

And...

then he wanders off through the wall after about 5 minutes of being untargetable.

GMs unable to help - there goes our 14 vials and guaranteed kill.

He eventually respawned 20 minutes or so later, we gave it one last shot, but people were too demoralised to really keep it together and we wiped on the P4 transition with half a dozen dead and two advisors up.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Mouse » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:58 am

thats too bad about the despawning. We just got to the bastard last week, and got to 72% last night. I look forward to him dying in a week or so.
Qapla <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 Tank DK

EnsgnBlack <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 BE Prot Pally
Mouse

Postby Dragonzbane » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:49 pm

Last night during a horid night of bad luck we had the figth bug out on us for 10 minutes.

One of our Paladins connection kept acting up and we had to boot him.
After that our MT was having connection issue and was DCing every 35 minutes.

On his last DC, after we wiped we all stood outside Kael's room and waited for him to log back in. When he finally logged in the encounter started and the doors close.

Of course Thaladred killed him but then he started targeting people outside the room. He walked right through the closed door and stalked people running for the entrance. After everyone was either dead or had escaped he patrolled the Hall from Al'ars room to Kael's room for another 5 minutes before finally resetting.
Dragonzbane

Postby kalbear » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:43 pm

That would suck.

At least the trash in MH drop some fairly nice loot. :)
kalbear

Postby Worldie » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:49 pm

kalbear wrote:That would suck.

At least the trash in MH drop some fairly nice loot. :)

read: Revolving Dildo

And, HoD, sigh...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mithos » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 am

If I'm already in the instance when we go for archi I will be left in, if I'm not, I might be able to blag my way in for someone who doesn't need anything, but probably not, which in all fairness, makes logical sense.

And yes, we cleared naxx monday this week for the first ever time on the server, I was tanking Sapphiron, but on Kel'Thuzad all the tanks got wiped out by frost blasts :P, I would agree that Naxx at the proper level looks a hell of a lot harder than anything I've seen in BT/MH so far. I hope SUnwell/level 80 is harder.
Mithos

Postby Maranus » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:54 am

Typically, we 22-24 man now-a-days, so I don't have to worry about losing my spot, unless I'm too drunk to click tears...
You know you want it! Ooorah /dance
Maranus

Postby enbee » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:20 am

you're cool
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Maranus » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:35 am

enbee wrote:you're cool

Yes. Yes I am.

In time, you can be cool, too.
Maranus

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:04 pm

Dorfs cant be cool.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Maranus » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:14 pm

Worldie wrote:Dorfs cant be cool.
fem belfs are cool in purple chainmail haltertops >.>
Maranus

Postby Mortehl » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:02 pm

First 3 bosses down in BT. Yay. -ZERO- plate tanking drpops. Boo.

Fun night for sure. WTB My godamned tanking loot.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:16 am

Maranus wrote:
Worldie wrote:Dorfs cant be cool.
fem belfs are cool in purple chainmail haltertops >.>

IDK, i usually have a fish or 2 on.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal