Remove Advertisements

Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby Sagara » Sat May 03, 2014 6:36 am

I'm starting to get bored of the Barb as well, trying for a fuckton of time to get good rings, but Kadala's being a bitch and the Mystic costs multiples fucktons of gold to turn good rings into great rings.

So meanwhile, I'm finishing up the other toons to 70 and discover (at last) the class variety in this game :-p
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Era » Sat May 03, 2014 9:11 am

Man, them gem costs... T_T
My rings and amulets still have room for improvement (0.5% of CS here, 0.5% of AS there...), but it's just so expensive. I hate spending my gold in any game, even if this really is the only thing you can spend gold on in this game now. I just don't like using it. I want to hoard it, and then sleep on top of a pile of it.

I've leveled all the classes to 70 (bar the Demon Hunter, which is 60-something), figuring I'll spread all my reject legendaries among them. Though with the smart loot, most of the time they'll have the wrong core stat.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Delphineas » Sat May 03, 2014 4:56 pm

That is my biggest gripe. Almost everything is either smartloot or vit trash. Makes gearing a follower with different main stat a pain.Least if you want them to do any damage.
Fan of angels and catgirls.
Current MMO: EVE
Delphineas

Postby Sagara » Sat May 03, 2014 11:41 pm

Didn't have as much of a problem with Lindon at least - most Bow/Crossbows are Dex-aligned, even on my Barb.
Necks and Rings are another matter, but it does drop from time to time...

Sagara

Postby Skye1013 » Sun May 04, 2014 5:12 am

I just save legendaries that have decent secondary stats so I only have to pay to reroll the main stat on my alts... seems to work out well enough.

Interesting tangent: apparently this board doesn't approve of the word "legendaries" and would rather me spell it "legendries." However, upon trying to look up the proper spelling via google... "legendries" tries to reroute to "legendaries."
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun May 04, 2014 5:28 am

Delphineas wrote:That is my biggest gripe. Almost everything is either smartloot or vit trash. Makes gearing a follower with different main stat a pain.Least if you want them to do any damage.

When I'm rolling around with friends that play int or dex classes I ask them for their crap jewelery or legendaries for my followers, and give them my str gear.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Mon May 05, 2014 1:25 pm

Worldie wrote:I'm just getting at that frustrating point where i literally faceroll T2 (even killing some elites in 10ish seconds) but I don't have enough damage for T3. Torment scaling is a little too brutal ._.

I got a Gyrfalcon's Foote (Blessed Shield now has Zero cost) and a Jekangbord (Blessed Shield now ricochets to 4-6 additional targets) on my Crusader, went from T2 to T4 from those two items alone with a rather mediocre sheet DPS of 660,000. Toss in Ring of Royal Grandeur and getting bonuses from Aughild's Authority 97% ranged and melee damage reduction, 15% damage increase to elites and 15% elite damage reduction, and 4 piece Blackthorne's I can survive fairly well.

For the Crusader I'm in the area where everything will have to be better rolls of the current gear, I have a low damage Foote and only a 4 bounce Jekangbord, or set items to replace the crafted set items. Made a second crusader to play a 2H cool down style build and with all the hand-me-downs I was able to start on Torment 2.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sagara » Thu May 08, 2014 7:32 am

Welp, seems like I finally dropped out of RoS.
Partially because it got repetitive (no sh*t Sherlock?), and partially because I got a big itch to replay TSW :)

Sagara

Postby Worldie » Thu May 08, 2014 3:19 pm

Flex wrote:I got a Gyrfalcon's Foote (Blessed Shield now has Zero cost) and a Jekangbord (Blessed Shield now ricochets to 4-6 additional targets) on my Crusader, went from T2 to T4 from those two items alone with a rather mediocre sheet DPS of 660,000.

Problem with the crusader is those 2 items are almost mandatory if you want to make it out of T2. Without you just don't have the damage.

I'm running 600kish DPS with +35% holy dmg and +31% elite damage, I melt through shit in T2, but in T3 I don't even have the damage to beat the enrage on big bosses.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Fri May 09, 2014 3:31 am

For comparison, I'm at about 920k dps and 11m toughness and can do T3 just fine, still haven't gotten neither the flail nor the shield. :( T4 is too slow. I'm using a fire-based build, including the Maximus sword (extra fire damage, pluss that demon on a chain), and I swear the demon chain does even more damage than I do. >_> Tears through most things.

I mostly farmed T1 and T2 because of the higher speed, but bored out of my mind with the grind so decided to up it to T3. It's still fast, but if I get 2-3 of the wrong elite packs, I'm in trouble.

Anyone know if there's any specific place to farm for the flail/shield and/or the crusader set? I've got shoulders and chest down, but I'd love to get the rest of the set bonuses too...
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Worldie » Fri May 09, 2014 4:12 am

11k though? °_°
I'm at 5.5kk and I don't see myself getting higher without sacrificing LOTS of damage :s
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Fri May 09, 2014 9:09 am

huh, I'm only about 690K damage, went to attack speed over crit for paragon, on my Crusader and T4 bounties and rifts go fine.

My 2H cooldown based crusader isn't that high and does T3 just fine.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Era » Fri May 09, 2014 1:43 pm

Sorry, I generally don't like posting up my armoury link, so I made this here for you guise <3
There's some weird discrepancies between armoury and in-game though, and it's not just the AS buff... Anyone else got that?
Tipped 1m DPS since my last post, got a new helm. \o/

EDIT: Link to image because I forgot these boards don't resize images any more. Least not for me. :(

Era

Postby Worldie » Sat May 10, 2014 12:11 am

Out of curiosity, anyone fancyes linking me the "cooldown based" crusader build?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat May 10, 2014 7:20 am

Christ that's a lot of crit damage.

I've got the Pet Crusader Build going myself :D

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/shad ... o/44400749

4pc Asheara's
Haunt of Vaxo
Maximus
And then my templar has a Genzaniku

When everything's up I've got 7 things in my posse running around :D

I regret sharding my l58 Vaxo; I could have given it to a minion for even more hilarity. Assuming it works. Does it?

I wish there were tools to actually figure out how changing gear affects practical DPS. Like, is the pet damage and increased sheet DPS of the Maximus worth giving up the 17% lightning damage on my Odyns (given I've got a lightning build). I just have no way of telling. How can you evaluate if is it worth giving up 4pc Asheara for the T&T gloves?

Drive me nuts. Give me some fucking tools, Blizz. Please.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games