Coming back after 2 years and now I'm just floored...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Coming back after 2 years and now I'm just floored...

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:04 am

Tecnically both Cataclysm legendaries also just required you to hit level 85. Well ok, you had to kill a trash in Firelands to start Dragonwrath chain)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:57 am

Worldie wrote:Well ok, you had to kill a trash in Firelands to start Dragonwrath chain)

And do normally questionable activities mid-fight in other portions...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Thels » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:12 am

We're stuck in MoP for another 5-8 months. You can easily complete it in less than that. Why would they make it a 100% drop and have people "done" with the content within a month, when they could use the legendary cloak to lure players into playing a few more months?
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Amirya » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:40 am

Skye1013 wrote:
Worldie wrote:Well ok, you had to kill a trash in Firelands to start Dragonwrath chain)

And do normally questionable activities mid-fight in other portions...

Beth'tilac!

That was fun.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:46 am

expecially when the boss decided to step right on top of the item making it unclickable.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Yelena » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:17 pm

Amirya wrote:As it is, if I wanted to be a major dick, I could take my woefully undergeared mistweaver, load her up with random gear to get her to LFR ilvl minimum, and just run it each week without either fulfilling my role and/or doing a decent job of it. 'Cause after all, I proved my worth to Wrathion by hitting level cap.

That's pretty much how FaiLFR has been since the day 4.3 went live, legendary or not.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:38 pm

What she meant is that while for previous legendaryes at current content you were required to have a raiding guild and be trusted by them with the quest items (or be able to organize high quality pugs every week and reserve them), with the cloaks the legendary is open to anyone who has enough braincells to queue for LFR.

In fact, the Cloaks will be the first legendary to be harder to acquire after the current gets outdated.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Yelena » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:07 pm

Worldie wrote:In fact, the Cloaks will be the first legendary to be harder to acquire after the current gets outdated.

I agree to a point, more in the context that you can basically AFK 90% of the cloak now, which effectively makes it the easiest legendary to acquire currently (relative to current content, of course). Personally, I don't feel that having legendary drops obtainable in LFR was the best idea Blizzard has ever had, but having the questline span the entire expansion likely didn't leave them with a whole lot of choice otherwise.

That being said, I don't think the cloaks will become any harder to acquire than any other legendary has been, after their relevant content became outdated.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby Passionario » Thu May 08, 2014 1:40 am

Patch 5.4.8 PTR wrote:http://wowhead.com/news=237715/patch-5-4-8-ptr-build-18224-spell-changes

Gaze of the Black Prince: Increases reputation gained with the Black Prince by 100%. Increases the chances his most hated foes will relinquish their Secrets of the Empire, Sigil of Wisdom, Sigil of Power, or Titan Runestones.

I wonder if it will be a global thing or something for those who already have cloaks to accelerate their alts' progression.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Thels » Thu May 08, 2014 3:13 am

WoD seems to be having a similar legendary questline, that is going to be a lot easier on your alts.

From the way I understood it, if one of your characters has done one of the long chains (such as 2x10 Sigils, 6000 Valor, 20 Secrets, 12 Runestones), all your other characters can skip that part of the legendary questline. Oneshot parts, such as guaranteed single drops from specific raid bosses and quests out in the world must still be done on all characters. So you still have to do a lot of work on your alt (which is only reasonable), but you're not stuck farming something for a few weeks, and can rush through.

For clarity's sake: This applies to similar legendaries in WoD. It will NOT apply retro-actively to the MoP cloaks.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Brute » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:42 am

How do you do the legendary questline with no friends? Maybe it seems like an odd question in an MMO, but seriously, I'm in basically a 1-person guild and don't know anyone in the game anymore, and found out I couldn't solo the orc guy in Karasang Wilds. So I'm stuck?
Brute

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:09 pm

You can just you know, ask in trade. Eventually you find someone on the step.

Worldie
Global Mod

Previous

Return to General