Coming back after 2 years and now I'm just floored...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Coming back after 2 years and now I'm just floored...

Postby Zeruvar » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:23 pm

Just a quick update.

After following your suggestions, I went ahead and tried out LFRs to checkout endgame content. So far only Mogul Vaults and SoO are left on my list, it was a long weekend of raiding. Thanks for the advice, and hopefully this time I can get my gatherer alts up to 90 to get some use out of TI before I miss the chance.
Zeruvar

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:08 am

eheh there's no hurry son, MoP is probably a few months away still, you got plenty of time to enjoy the stuff on all the chars you want.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Passionario » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:27 am

On a related note, is it worth starting Wrathion's questline at this point?
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:06 am

If you fancy the lore yes. If you want the legendary just for the stats, big chances that you won't even finish it before the exp.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Thels » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:20 am

It never actually hurts to pick it up.

If you focus on finishing it asap (that means also running MSV/HoF/ToES during the first part, capping valor during the test of valor, and also running ToT during the other parts), you can be done with the questline in about 2 months, give or take a bit of luck.

Even if you don't, and just focus on SoO, you should be able to get it within 5 months, which means before WoD hits. ;)
ImageImage
Thels

Postby halabar » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:31 am

Worldie wrote:If you fancy the lore yes. If you want the legendary just for the stats, big chances that you won't even finish it before the exp.

Should be doable before the xpac hits, easily.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Winkle » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:08 am

I think they should increase the drop chances at this point, i'm playing a couple of alts off and on and they're making very slow progress through the quest line, i don't think it would hurt if all the different things i needed to collect were guaranteed drops.
Winkle

Postby Thels » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:25 pm

Guaranteed would be a little over the top, imho. It would mean completing the Secrets during a single week, and then completing the Runestones during the next week. It is already way more than it used to be. A small bump, sure. But at this time, there's no real need anymore for anyone to catch up either.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Nooska » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:56 am

Thels wrote:Guaranteed would be a little over the top, imho. It would mean completing the Secrets during a single week, and then completing the Runestones during the next week. It is already way more than it used to be. A small bump, sure. But at this time, there's no real need anymore for anyone to catch up either.

Which also means it wouldn't hurt anybody if it was guaranteed - its quite a long time for anyone to have collected their stuff anyway.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:05 am

Essentially it would destroy the sense of achievement for the people who obtained it "the hard way".
Plus, why should it be Legendary at all, if anyone can get it with little to no effort in a couple weeks worth?
Even the old tier legendaries still require several months of grinding to obtain (and almost all of them also require fetching groups and reserve key items), why should this one suddently be a guaranteed item anyone can obtain?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nooska » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:33 am

While I won't argue that you don't have a point, its also the bad argument of "special snowflake" - the main difference with the current legendary and the previous, is that this is already available to all (even if I started today I would be almost guaranteed to have it before next expansion) - the olde ronese were never "welfare legendaries".
Main Characters:

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:36 pm

It would still require you 3 month(ish) of constantly running lots of LFR on top of rep grinds and all.
Making the items 100% drop would mean that the only thing stopping you from getting the cloak in 2 week for no effort at all is the valor cockblock.

While the item is there readily available for everyone, it does STILL require effort and dedication to obtain it in reasonable time.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nooska » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:57 pm

up it to 33% then, would still make you run it multiple times, though right now, you could still get it on week 2+ valor requirement.
Main Characters:

Nooska

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:04 pm

That would require an insane amount of luck with droprates :P

As far as I know the current droprate is around 20-25%, with two guaranteed secrets/runestones per week.

Took my Paladin approximately 2 months and half to complete the item, with average droprate (6-8 secrets per week, 4 runestones each week). Seembs matching with all other legendaries in game (aside from the RNG only from Vanilla/TBC)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amirya » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:47 pm

Unless I missed something, though, the really big difference between this legendary and previous ones are that in the previous ones, you weren't automatically eligible to start working on the legendary just because you hit level cap. Now, if they done something similar to the rogue legendary (do some other legwork first, to prove you deserve it) and then made the pieces have a decent drop rate, that's different.

As it is, if I wanted to be a major dick, I could take my woefully undergeared mistweaver, load her up with random gear to get her to LFR ilvl minimum, and just run it each week without either fulfilling my role and/or doing a decent job of it. 'Cause after all, I proved my worth to Wrathion by hitting level cap.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General