[10H] Dark Shaman

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:17 am

3 Tanks
3 Healers
4 DPS, Ranged > Melee for positional bullshit

Our first kill was 8:33

Loot:
Prot: Hit/Mast Belt, Hit/Mast Ring, Dodge/Mast Ring, Xpt/Parry 1H
Ret: Hit/Mast Belt, Hit/Mast Ring, Crit/Haste Boots, Crit/Mast Neck, Crit/Mast Chest

We cheesed the fuck out of this fight and got it in 23 pulls, with pull 18 being a 2% enrage wipe. The biggest problem we had was the Kardris team dying to invisible graphics hidden under ground geometry (6 pulls were bullshit pulls that ended under 3m due to idiocy).

We lusted at the pull, so the Shaman were at ~86% when the dogs died and the 2nd Haromm tank was just hitting 4 stacks (I'd keep Haromm up to 7 stacks before she taunted). Taunt, sprinted all the way up the hill so Haromm's ass was against the gate.

The Haromm team was me, DK, and two healers. The two healers would always get targeted for tombs, so they stacked, took three steps forward when tombs came out, then took three steps back, to keep tombs in a nice little pile. I would keep Haromm to seven or eight stacks (dp for last two stacks) for vengeance whoring (stupid mechanic is stupid); the DK's tank set is pretty weak so we weren't comfortable running her past five. Light's Hammer at the end of rotation when veng is highest. The entire away team should be within the hammer's radius.

Typically I think people send melee up top; our melee prefered to stay below. This let us park Haromm's ass in the line of Ash Elementals so we stayed as far away from the Kadris team as possible. As we backed down the ramp the healers hugged the left wall to keep tombs tidy; on Ashen Wall casts we just took two steps backwards.

It is a shitton of damage up top and a couple abilities hitting at the same time will ruin your healers' day. Don't be afraid to EF them when the dots start ticking particularly hard.

For stream it was easy for tanks to point it at the wall; if a healer was targeted they just stayed put if there was no obvious way to point it at a wall, and the other healer got out of the way.

The Kadris team moved sectors every 2 storms or so; the big moves helps prevent them from getting trapped by shit. We had a shadow priest helping with bubbles; a disc priest would probably trivialize this part. Ranged said it was hectic but manageable.

I liked 2t/2h on normal -- there was a nice rhythm to the fight and it felt like a nicely choreographed dance. On heroic it seems like it would be more of a mosh pit with pitbulls. Hopefully by the time we lose our DK to school again we'll outgear the fight enough to make 2t/2h palatable.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Re: [10H] Dark Shaman

Postby Olen » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:00 pm

Thanks for the tips.
We're mostly struggling from goofy deaths to Iron Prison on the bottom team.

We tried 2t/2h first with our holy pally up top. Then switched to adding a resto druid up top for 2t/3h. Switched him to the bottom and went back to 2t/2h with pally/dk and resto druid up top. I wouldn't say its easy on her part, but its a rare occasion where one of us dies. Our dps is not going to be as high as yours so it's nice having that 6th dps to beat enrage.

It might be useful to note how the mechanics change when you go from 4 personnel on the away team to 3.
Toxic Mist indeed lands on the healer and one tank each time. But there's no 2nd target for Iron Tomb. The healer just gets 1 and there's no 2nd. If the healer dies then tanks become targets.
Olen

Postby Kai » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:43 am

got promoted to 3rd tank (tanking the frostshock girl 'downstairs'), damn quitters. how does the placing of the blobs work? it targets me, can I stand in there while they spawn or do I get raped immediatly and have to constantly move?
Kai

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:32 pm

You should move; little dudes will ruin your day.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:25 am

Kai wrote:got promoted to 3rd tank (tanking the frostshock girl 'downstairs'), damn quitters. how does the placing of the blobs work? it targets me, can I stand in there while they spawn or do I get raped immediatly and have to constantly move?

Blobs are launched at your position. If they land on you, they deal a very large amount of damage. The general idea is that you want them all to spawn in roughly the same area, but you don't want to be there when they spawn. So, essentially, you spin the boss in a circle as they're spawning (unless, for whatever reason, you have melee DPS on this boss) and that prevents them from landing on you while keeping them relatively bunched up.

They pulse AOE damage to anyone nearby, but that damage is very low compared to the spawn damage. The only time our tanks ever really die on this fight is if they get hit by the adds when they spawn.
Belloc

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)