WOD Alpha patch notes

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: WOD Alpha patch notes

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:54 am

The new Consecration and Ardent Defender glyphs look very powerful to me.

Glyph of Ardent Defender - Ardent Defender no longer reduces damage takent, but if its duration expires without being consumed, its cooldown will be reset to $s1 sec.

Glyph of the Consecrator - Your Consecration effect now moves with you.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Schroom » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:42 am

the AD one will end up in a Macro, I know it xD max uptime. unless you want to time it, but then why use the glyph? :)

I'm a bit mad about the consecration glyph...

placing your consecration is part of playing a Protection paladin. it matters where you place it and yuo should be aware, where to place it.

the glyph dumbs this down horribly, because you just do your rotation without thinking about "Cons or not to Cons?"

I didn't really got the feats. will we keep them at level 100? or is it just a leveling feet that disappears?
Schroom

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:51 am

They are permanent once you learn them. You learn a random one every level past 91, up to having them all at 100.

Also, I don't get why you'd want to "max uptime" on AD (either glyphed or not). Sounds like very stupid considering it's the most powerful panic button in game.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby excalibrax » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:45 am

In terms of consecration, I like having the option, for most fights I would choose another meta which would give another advantage.

BUT
If they were to do an encounter where you needed to control multiple adds, and somewhat kite them around the room. I would use this glyph in a heartbeat. Example would be the nefarious fight from last xpac, and Kor'kron Dark Shaman.
Last edited by excalibrax on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
excalibrax

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:48 am

Actually with that glyph and the pre existent consecration glyph, you now got the option to
1) Place consecration at range
2) Place consecration at your feed
3) Have consecration following you

I think all 3 situations can see uses in both past and future encounters. I'd love having those alternatives if I was still tankading.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Schroom » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:08 am

I never used the glyph to place consecrate. doing a click every rotation is a pain in the a*** :P
for kiting or adds? maybe but they will have to tune up the TPS from Consecration considerably. atm if i place a cons and a healer gets aggro when an adds spawns, the adds runs through consecrate and does not even care :<

I'm wondering tho if you could combine both glyphs, place your cons away from you and it keeps moving parallel to your character... that would be messed up xD

why AD on CD? as I said. if you want to use AD to soak an ability, you are probably not using the glyph.

if you don't need AD for that you can basically use it on cooldown, especially if it resets after not being used.

it's kinda like the legendary cloak now then... or did I misunderstand what the glyph is supposed to do?
Schroom

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:23 am

The glyph sets the CD down to 60 seconds if it doesnt proc but removes the 20% damage reduction component.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jackinthegreen » Wed May 21, 2014 9:21 am

I wonder if armor elixirs and flasks will provide bonus armor and thus AP.

Also, warriors seem to have a leg up on getting stuff simulated early: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/150 ... ties/page2

Do we have anything going for us paladins yet?
Jackinthegreen

Postby theckhd » Wed May 21, 2014 11:00 am

They don't really have a leg up. Our module is more up-to-date than theirs is (Collision and I have both been working on SimC for the last few weeks, both updating class modules and working on lower-level subsystems).

I just don't think it's worth wasting time doing any theorycrafting on what we have now, because none of the numbers are even remotely correct. Also, Seal of Insight is broken in the latest build because they've told us they're reverting the changes they made in the last alpha build, but haven't released a new alpha build since that point. And I don't see it being worth my time to code a workaround just to have to revert it again later.

TLDR: There's really no point in bothering to theorycraft until we're at least in F&F Alpha, if not beta. I'll have everything up to date fairly rapidly, and will put together the usual Call to Arms thread and what not.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby theckhd » Wed May 21, 2014 11:02 am

I mean, if you want to fool around with the beta, go ahead, but you're stuck using Seal of Truth for now. Also, I haven't implemented Seraphim or Empowered Seals yet, because they were still in heavy flux. Holy Shield is in, as is Final Verdict. I think I still have to code Beacon of Faith and Beacon of Insight as well, if you're interested in Holy (but the Holy stuff is largely un-tested yet).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations