Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Schroom » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:10 am

here is a pretty neat pally deck that fits the current meta: http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/class-d ... pally-deck

my warrior advances as well, got my alexstrasza yesterday. unfortunatly I don't have Baron Geddon yet. but I think I'll build something out of this 2 decks:

http://hearthstats.net/decks/nogeddon

http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/class-d ... or-control

I jsut LOVE having harrison ford in the Deck. quit a surprise for the enemy and helps versus warrior mirror matches
Schroom

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:08 am

On Baron Geddon: My Warrior deck doesn't have him, and works well enough. But I'm pretty sure that's why Shaman is my worst matchup.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Schroom » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:47 pm

I agree. Schamans and Zoolock me the most give trouble.

here is the finished Deck and my results from my first few hours of play after the season reset yesterday: http://hearthstats.net/decks/ctrl-warrior-no-geddon

it's still very good results, but let's wait and see what happens when we get into higher rankings.
Schroom

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:46 am

Shaman are awful for Warrior. It's embarrasing how much trouble a Stoneclaw totem and Healing Totem out at the same time can give me. Not to mention those Feral Spirits...

Maybe I need to try and fit a Pyromancer in there. But I'd have to do something like swap it for my Sylvanas (who has proved surprisingly good, even when she gets immediately silenced).

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:25 am

on the subject of hearthstats, that uploader, anyone have any idea why its not detecting my java?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Schroom » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:48 am

do you have the latest java version installed? worked without any problem for me.
Schroom

Postby Nooska » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:59 am

Schroom wrote:do you have the latest java version installed? worked without any problem for me.

Yeah, double and triplechecked - I have the recommended version 51 of java7, both 64 bit and 32 bit (I thought maybe I hadn't gotten 32 bit due to using FF 64 possibly, I'm not sure if I am using FF64, but I have both versions)

Maybe it will work after a restart - it's been a few weeks I think.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Schroom » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:10 am

restart is always the first thing to try when something doesn't work ^^

imho if it still does not work. uninstall the 64 bit version. and also only use 32-bit internet browsers. lots of sites and script are incompatible with 64 bits and could produce errors
Schroom

Postby Paxen » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:38 pm

The druid tempo deck is ticking along nicely. I don't think I ever want to allow a druid opponent to get to 9 mana...
Paxen

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:15 am

Wtb explanation on what a "tempo" deck is.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:36 am

If I understand it right, tempo's about getting the best value out of all your plays and controlling the pace of the game. Cairne Bloodhoof, for example, is a tempo card - because it takes two things to remove him, usually, playing him puts you at a tempo advantage.

I'm finding Druid pretty annoying right now. They were one of my top win rates, but starting to drop, thanks to the rise in ramp decks pulling 2-3 mana ahead in the early game.

I've modified my Warrior deck again. I took out my Frothing Berserkers (reluctantly; they served a purpose in drawing out removal, even though they rarely got to attack) and put in two Cleaves, and I swapped my Faceless Manipulator for a Wild Pyromancer. Hoping this'll help me against Zoo Warlock and Shaman. I considered Blood Knight because Zoo, mid-range Rogue, and some others are running lots of Divine Shield...

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Schroom » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:49 am

I'm still ranking up nicely with my warrior:

http://hearthstats.net/decks/ctrl-warrior-no-geddon

as you see Hunter and Druids no problem,

my worst matchup are Zoolocks and Schamans.

strangely enough, I'm not seeing many Locks atm.

lots of Schamans tho.

I'm thinking about putting in a silence. the most annoying thing with schamans for this Deck are the Taunt Totems. now, if I would silence on but leave it on the board he wouldn't get another Taunt Totem I guess?

very gimmicky but a silence is never a dead card.

Harrison Ford is amazing atm. in mirrormatches it usually is the one little thing that decides the game.

and also against Schamanes. Seeing quite a few Doomhammers atm.

nothing more amazing than your opponent having a fully charged Doomhammer equipped, on turn 5, with HF in Hand :D
Schroom

Postby Paxen » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:54 am

KysenMurrin wrote:If I understand it right, tempo's about getting the best value out of all your plays and controlling the pace of the game. Cairne Bloodhoof, for example, is a tempo card - because it takes two things to remove him, usually, playing him puts you at a tempo advantage.

Yup. Cairne, Harvest Golem, Soul of the Forest and Divine Shield are all tempo mechanics. The definition is a bit fuzzy beyond "this cards are tempo cards", though.

I'm currently getting my ass handed to me by rush decks. We'll see if it's the deck or the player soon, hopefully.
Paxen

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:46 am

Schroom: Yup. Stoneclaw + Healing Totem out at the same time are far more painful than they should be for Warrior. You don't want to burn a Fiery War Axe on clearing totems, or use Slam without the card draw, but everything else is either too small or too valuable. That's why I brought in Cleave to my deck.

As for Harrison Jones, he's on a list of where to go next. I need to choose between Black Knight, Baron Geddon, and Harrison Jones for my next legendary for this deck. (Alas, I had a Jones but disenchanted him for other things.)

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Schroom » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:14 am

Black knight is not really needed in the current Meta which got very little taunts, as the meta is shifting away from aggro (and people put in taunts to play around this).

I got him, but did not put him in the deck, and never missed it actually. (also as a warrior you usually have enough removal for taunts via shield slam and execute if need be.)

Geddon is my next legendary I'll do. probably switching the faceless for it.

but I need about 1200 dust for this :P that is why I tried to get a deck that does pretty well without Geddon, but he will help A LOT with Shamans.
Schroom

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games