Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby lythac » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:19 pm

Guild is up to 7/14 Hc 10 man but have run into a slight tanking issue. About a month ago had 3 MS tanks but have lost one MT to moving flat/outside world and another got kicked tonight for not showing up the past couple of nights (with no warning) and /afking after every single boss kill to smoke. Tonight we used a DPS as OS tank (me) but combined with our top DPS not being about we struggled and only ended up getting first 2 bosses down.

WTB tank for Sunday.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:46 pm

Every time I try to post here I get this error

Unable to remove files within ./cache/. Please check directory permissions.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Worldie » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:04 am

Might be some corrupted file in your browser cache. Should try wiping it out.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nooska » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:02 am

sounds more like a /cache/ dir error on the server (I seem to recall something quite like that back when I administered a few boards - usually when I had fidled with something in the caching or dir structur)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:10 am

Nooska wrote:sounds more like a /cache/ dir error on the server (I seem to recall something quite like that back when I administered a few boards - usually when I had fidled with something in the caching or dir structur)

googling for the error, it said it was most likely something wrong with the board. specially since I already wiped my cache and even used a diff. browser and got the same error.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:42 am

Getting placed into a 15 minute queue to log into the battle.net launcher. Oh, wait, now it's 18 minutes. And this is before I even try to get back into Hearthstone itself...

22 minutes! Yay!

Edit: I closed the launcher and tried again, and it went to 75 minutes.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:01 am

Bnet EU servers have been chaincrashing since 2 hours. D3 sadly is unplayable as well :\
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:54 am

Still happening today, too.

http://i.imgur.com/TnLJzj9.jpg

(And seriously, it always happens at moments like that.)

Today's Battle.net queue is 500 minutes!
Last edited by KysenMurrin on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:07 am

EU bnet just suicided for me. Now talking about 1000+ minutes to get online, I guess I'll go out tonight :P

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:10 am

Yep. I'm still betting this server instability is something to do with the Diablo release.

It's the last day of the Hearthstone ranked ladder, terrible time for this crap. I was getting near rank 2, and hoping for Legendary before reset.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:22 am

If it had to do with D3 ROS release, it would have happened a week ago, not now.

My bet is on someone DDOSing the EU serverfarm for the sake of it.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:25 am

Well, originally I was thinking this is the first weekend since release, so that made sense for the servers to get hit hard. Then it carried on into today, so... I dunno.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:28 am

It didn't lag at all even the night of RoS release (which is new, since previously on all blizzard expansions release night all servers got flooded to shit)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Gracerath » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:10 pm

The level 90 boost + LFR has been... frustrating. I pre ordered and boosted my warlock. I have NO idea what kind of dps I should be doing at ~ilvl 500 as destruction. I can't remember what kind of dps I was doing with that ilevel on my DK when I was gearing up but I feel I was doing more. I hate how gear scaling works in MoP. I think with self buffs and mostly using my cooldowns properly I was rocking ~65k on a target dummy. That seems... bad. I at least spent some time learning the rotations and putting my crappy gear through Mr. Robot. I've probably done more work than 90% of these boosted monkeys. At least I know encounters and don't die to candy on the ground.

So, combine all this badness into LFR. The sad part is, the enrage timers are quite generous. You can totally kill a lot of LFR shit with low dps. But you can't kill it with half your raid dead when dps is already poor. I am flabbergasted at the lack of knowledge of mechanics in these zones after all this time. Immersus was slow but only a few people died there at least. Apparently people don't know to move when he does his spray. Fallen protectors was just a shit show. People still run away during the inferno strike. Gearing up an alt seems all but impossible now. It seems you can't even get through wing 1 of ToT in LFR anymore. In the past I'd first run an alt through ToT before trying out SoO cause you know.. it seemed like a nice thing to do. Try to get at least a little bit better gear before running through the final raid tier. I guess I'll just have to rely on Ordos and Celestials and sacrifice a few goats and chickens to the loot gods. I think it has been well over 3 weeks since I've seen an upgrade from any bosses on any of my 90's. Weeks of Garrosh resets and horrible luck on Ordos and Celestials.

I am torn. I like having the option to boost to 90 cause I have more money than time these days but it sure makes LFR a complete disaster.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:24 am

And the thing is, most of them probably have a main already feeding them Timeless Isle tokens. Which means that they have seen the content before on a different character. What the level 90 boost exposed is how bad they really are, and this time they don't have gear covering their badness up.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

PreviousNext

Return to General