Remove Advertisements

Post Your Successes!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Successes!

Postby Worldie » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:17 am

What is MBA?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:19 am

Master of Business Administration...i think?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Era » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:03 am

bldavis wrote:Master of Business Administration...i think?

Yes. :)

Been looking MBAs myself, but most worthwhile places require some years of work experience first (not to mention pretty substantial fees), so won't be for another couple of years (Finished a BSc in Information Tech & Game Design, am now working my way through a BSc in Business Administration (so called BBA)).

Oxford sure would be amazing, though!
EDIT: Actually I think I've been looking at the same place, it's the Saïd Business School part of Oxford, right? Looks really good, would love some feedback on how it is once you've started.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby bldavis » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:24 pm

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Fetzie » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:19 pm

We killed heroic Paragons (59th attempt) and I got promoted from trial to full member this evening :D
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Passionario » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:45 am

Era wrote:Actually I think I've been looking at the same place, it's the Saïd Business School part of Oxford, right?

Yeah, that's the one. :)
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:20 am

After a bit of help from a GM to fix a bug with Yulon, Legendary finally acquired for my Paladin after 4 months on the questline.

This being the second char I get it on, I swear I'm abandoning the questline on all my alts.

Had to change my tmog to match the cloak, went with T12 + matching offset chest (I hate skirts on melees).
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:04 am

The heroic Dragon Soul tier set matches the legendary tank cloak quite well.
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Ironshield » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:02 pm

Heroic Protectors down with about 10 minutes to spare in my last ever* raid.

*well for a good long while anyway - our twins are arriving on Monday at the latest.
Ironshield

Postby bldavis » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:39 pm

Ironshield wrote:Heroic Protectors down with about 10 minutes to spare in my last ever* raid.

*well for a good long while anyway - our twins are arriving on Monday at the latest.

gratz on the inc youngins!

bldavis

Postby Sagara » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:01 am

Ironshield wrote:Heroic Protectors down with about 10 minutes to spare in my last ever* raid.

Gz on both :) And don't worry overmuch - If your schedule is light enough, and you can work something out with your S.O., you'll probably be able to raid again soon enough, possibly even before WoD ships.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fetzie » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:44 pm

Cleared 13/14 heroic in one evening!

Fetzie

Postby econ21 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:44 am

Ironshield wrote:*well for a good long while anyway - our twins are arriving on Monday at the latest.

Gratz and good luck with that! I hope you are stacking stamina. Seriously, treasure every moment - kids are awesome.
econ21

Postby Amirya » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:50 pm

So, there's this bodyshop that I have a friendly relationship with in the area. First time I took my car there after my first accident, and they found out who I work for, they treated me quite well - and did it again after my second accident, and after my little brother had his. Always awesome.

My mother's vehicle has been having issues with the rear driver's window just falling out of the regulator. Last time she took it to the dealership, they charged her $120 just to put it back in its place (alas, she went without telling me, too). Today, we went to this bodyshop I'm friendly with. Got there during the lunch break, but we came back an hour later (had ourselves some lunch too), and the shop manager fixed the issue, no charge. Just about 20 minutes to pop the panel off, correct it, and pop it back on. Now my mother has decided if she has an accident, that's where she's going too! (Seriously, this shop is amazing - John has seen me maybe 4 times in 3 years, and has never forgotten my name.)

The amusement came after - we decided to take her vehicle through a car wash. She's never done that before, and so I had to keep translating the attendant's motions to the sign. "Put your vehicle in neutral. Mom, take your foot off the brake." And then the sound of the water and the cloths on the car. :lol:
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:39 pm

i thought the tech alpha for Heroes of the Storm, they were only inviting those that had followings and friends/family of employees

so either one of my close friends who knows my email secretly works for blizzard...
or i was mistaken, because i am downloading the client right now! :D :D :D

love the moba genre for its gameplay, but hate it for its steep and brutal learning curve and often vile player base if you dont know everything already
but from what i have seen, Heroes looks like it is simple enough that a complete noob can pick it up and learn it fairly fast
and is more team and objective focused, so that should help too

btw, starting a HotS thread if we dont have one already

bldavis

PreviousNext

Return to General