Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Amirya » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:12 am

I might be missing something, but why would you approve someone to move in who has no job or other steady flow of income?
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby valura » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:31 am

This is part a success, yet it feels like a frustration...
Despite me telling the guild that took me in when I came back to WoW that my insane raiding days were behind me, and I wasn't gonna pressure them into raiding, nor would I ditch them for a raiding guild... I have discovered I cannot ease my need for raid content with LFR and Flex.

On top of those feelings, I have been offered a solid raidspot on a very good raiding guild (currently running both a SoO10HC, and a SoO25HC team) on a different server, who were looking for a trustworthy hunter and back-up tank. My guild/RL-friend DK has changed server, and I have petitioned Blizzard to free up the name Bohica on that server (which they quickly did since it was on an account that has been inactive since before MoP), leading me to transfer off tonight...

And I haven't told any of my guildmates anything, because i feel like a wordbreaker :(
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (76) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (63) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (78) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: outer ring of the 7th circle of Hell (aka Kul Tiras EU - Horde side)

Postby Shoju » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:45 am

Patch 1.1 for Path of Exile might be my least favorite "Balance" Patch since Cata gave Paladins Holy Power. God, what an awful, terrible, mish mash of crap that didn't balance anything at all.
Shoju

Postby Kal » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:15 pm

valura wrote:This is part a success, yet it feels like a frustration...
Despite me telling the guild that took me in when I came back to WoW that my insane raiding days were behind me, and I wasn't gonna pressure them into raiding, nor would I ditch them for a raiding guild... I have discovered I cannot ease my need for raid content with LFR and Flex.

On top of those feelings, I have been offered a solid raidspot on a very good raiding guild (currently running both a SoO10HC, and a SoO25HC team) on a different server, who were looking for a trustworthy hunter and back-up tank. My guild/RL-friend DK has changed server, and I have petitioned Blizzard to free up the name Bohica on that server (which they quickly did since it was on an account that has been inactive since before MoP), leading me to transfer off tonight...

And I haven't told any of my guildmates anything, because i feel like a wordbreaker :(

It's your $15 a month. You don't have to leave them to raid on one particular character. Just keep active alts with them and go raid.

I'm kinda thinking of leaving my guild too, before SoO, since I really want to get into heroics/soon-to-be-mythics. We have only one heroic Norushen kill and are struggling to clear normals within a week (2 nights, 7 hours total). We had only one heroic Jin'rokh kill and 4 Lei Shen kills in ToT, so this just isn't a heroic group. Also, I'm only there to raid now, since some personality conflicts have kept me silent on guild chat just to keep the peace, and one particular guy is on ignore unless we're raiding. I guess the writing is on the wall.
"There is no such thing as luck; there is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."
- Robert A. Heinlein
Kal

Postby Amirya » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:35 pm

Question.

If you see a man and a woman out at a fast food restaurant, and the man is eating (the woman has ordered nothing - no food or drink), what is the thought that crosses your mind?
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Kal » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:40 pm

She's on a diet or already ate?
"There is no such thing as luck; there is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."
- Robert A. Heinlein
Kal

Postby Kal » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:56 pm

Amirya wrote:I might be missing something, but why would you approve someone to move in who has no job or other steady flow of income?

Oh, it's my old Army buddy's brother. It's a major favor, letting him stay with me. First month is free, but I've made it clear what the bills are and how we'll split them.

What sucks most is that I have a negative cash flow right now counting all bills, so next month's rent is uncertain. His brother will likely be covering for his first share of bills, since I can't. Meanwhile I have to put up with a, well let's be honest here, a lazy slob with bad breath, only occasionally changed shirt, an ashy face, untrimmed beard, uncombed hair, a slouch, no interesting conversation, and a horrible sense of entitlement. I can't eat ice cream without him asking if there's enough for two, and ice cream is the last thing this guy needs.

I think I just became a parent again. I might just put away WoW for a month or two and cut off the internet until collective shit is together.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Kal

Postby Amirya » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:58 pm

Funny enough re meal.

My roommate and I went to the bank at lunch to do some stuff (we work at the same place). At the place next door, he ordered - I declined since I'm 1) not thrilled with their menu 2) not particularly hungry. He asked me several times to get something, and several times, I declined. "I'm really not hungry."

Neither of us anticipated he'd be getting the stink eye from the staff who, apparently, are of the opinion he's abusing me and refusing to let me eat.

It's the exact same look he got some months ago at a different place, where I opted to order off the kids' menu, and repeatedly refused the upgrade to the meal itself or the drink.

I was mostly wondering if that's a normal thing to assume (me personally, I'd have gone with, "not hungry" or "what's wrong with our food?").
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:59 pm

Kal wrote:Oh, it's my old Army buddy's brother. It's a major favor, letting him stay with me. First month is free, but I've made it clear what the bills are and how we'll split them.

What sucks most is that I have a negative cash flow right now counting all bills, so next month's rent is uncertain. His brother will likely be covering for his first share of bills, since I can't. Meanwhile I have to put up with a, well let's be honest here, a lazy slob with bad breath, only occasionally changed shirt, an ashy face, untrimmed beard, uncombed hair, a slouch, no interesting conversation, and a horrible sense of entitlement. I can't eat ice cream without him asking if there's enough for two, and ice cream is the last thing this guy needs.

I think I just became a parent again. I might just put away WoW for a month or two and cut off the internet until collective shit is together.

Wow...

"Sure there's enough ice cream for two, that's why I'm having a double helping!"

Just wow.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:00 pm

@Amirya: You live in a weird town populated by weird people with weird thoughts.

@Kal: You should really tell your Army buddy what you think and ask him to talk with his brother and make him shape up or refuse to have him there.
Unless you enjoy the idea of living with that "thing"
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amirya » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:38 pm

LOL Worldie

I live in Arizona. It's a damn weird state. I'm itching to get back to Oregon, where people are a bit saner.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Kal » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:22 pm

Worldie wrote:@Kal: You should really tell your Army buddy what you think and ask him to talk with his brother and make him shape up or refuse to have him there.
Unless you enjoy the idea of living with that "thing"

The rent and utilities are still solely in my buddy's name, and he knows how I feel. I can walk away at any time with no financial repercussion, with it all falling onto him, so he's well enough motivated to pressure his brother to grow the hell up and soon.

And yes, I ate all the ice cream.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Kal

Postby Kal » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:30 pm

Amirya wrote:Funny enough re meal.

My roommate and I went to the bank at lunch to do some stuff (we work at the same place). At the place next door, he ordered - I declined since I'm 1) not thrilled with their menu 2) not particularly hungry. He asked me several times to get something, and several times, I declined. "I'm really not hungry."

Neither of us anticipated he'd be getting the stink eye from the staff who, apparently, are of the opinion he's abusing me and refusing to let me eat.

It's the exact same look he got some months ago at a different place, where I opted to order off the kids' menu, and repeatedly refused the upgrade to the meal itself or the drink.

I was mostly wondering if that's a normal thing to assume (me personally, I'd have gone with, "not hungry" or "what's wrong with our food?").

I was thinking it would be something like this. I've worked in a lot of restaurants, and I've found that most people that do tend to be very judgmental about others. I consider this bit of white knighting to be pretty tame, actually. What sucks is there isn't any civilized way to avoid this particular situation that I know of.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Kal

Postby Fenris » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Sigh...

*rant*

Guild basically stopped progressing into SoO-h because half of the raiding force froze subscriptions.We are still killing the first 4 heroic bosses with the new guys we recruited but starting progressing again doesn't seem a close objective.

There is nothing to do....The timeless island was a huge failure and so outside the raid there is nothing.Back in vanilla at least i could pvp but i left that behind around the end of BC.....Leveling alts feels as pointless as it felt in cataclysm since i'd have nothing to do with them anyway.So,i end up logging for the 3 hours of raid and nothing more.

While raiding,i still have to deal with my co-tank monk doing 2x my dps...Making me pretty much useless on trash and on any add-fight /Garrosh.And the thing is still bothering me.

And to top it,Blizzard has outdone my *september for WoD* expectation with a *end of september AT BEST*

:(
*end rant*
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby bldavis » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:31 pm

Amirya wrote:LOL Worldie

I live in Arizona. It's a damn weird state. I'm itching to get back to Oregon, where people are a bit saner.

and you are much closer to visit! :D

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

PreviousNext

Return to General