Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Paxen » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:56 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Paxen, since it's a pretty fast, low cost deck, you might consider adding a Sprint to refill your hand in the late game.

Will try it out - I haven't used it as I've regarded the deck as done anyway if I'm not winning by the time I could play Sprint, but maybe Sprint is exactly what pulls it through.

If you're using Shadowstep you could try some Charge minions. Obviously Leeroy Jenkins is the ideal target (Leeroy + double Shadowstep = 10 mana, 18 damage), but other things can work as a combo finisher (maybe Arcane Golem?).

Ooh, like the idea. I'll see if I got any Arcane Golems, if not I could always try the concept with Wolf Riders.

I'd say the Ironfur Grizzly is the least needed card you've got in there at the moment - it doesn't quite fit. Oh, and it occurs to me that Mad Bomber, though a good card, has anti-synergy with half of your minion cards.

I use both for early board control - my first drafts went all-out on damage on the opponent, but I got much better results when I tried to keep my weenies alive by taking out opposing small minions. I've found that the Grizzly and Bomber are both usefol for this, while at the same time they can dish out early damage if the opponent doesn't play any small minions. The Grizzly is also good for keeping Cold-Blooded minions alive for an extra turn (if I get 8 damage out of Cold-Blooded it's usually enough).

I'll try your suggestions, though - swapping in charge minions and Sprint for the Bombers and Grizzlies at first.

Long term, look into Miracle Rogue, which you possibly won't have all the cards for yet but is worth working towards with the kind of things you've got going on there. The key thing in that deck is Gadgetzan Auctioneer and cheap spells enabled by things like Preparation.

I'll have a look - but I've never found the Gadgetzan Auctioneer to work very well. I can see how it's useful for Rogue though.
Paxen

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:20 am

If you still want an early-to-mid-game taunt to help you stabilise, you could try Sen'jin Shieldmasta instead of the Grizzly. You currently have no 4 drops, and the Shieldmasta's a solid taunt, much better than the bear.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Paxen » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:04 am

I'll keep Grizzly vs Taz'dingo in mind, but I feel that 3 mana vs 4 mana makes it a nontrivial decision.

Sprint just won a game for me - I had gotten a priest down to 9 health, but had no cards in hand and no minions on the board. I then draw Sprint, play it, and get 2 Sinister Strikes, an Eviscerate, an SI:7 Agent and two Deadly Poison. He plays Hogger, heals up a bit and I finish him the next turn!
Paxen

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:22 pm

Upcoming changes:

Tinkmaster Overspark is now a 3/3 (up from 2/2) and now reads: Battlecry: Transform another random minion into a 5/5 Devilsaur or a 1/1 Squirrel.

Nat Pagle now reads: At the start of your turn, you have a 50% chance to draw an extra card.

Woohoo, 1600 dust from my Tinkmaster! *sigh* This means Tinkmaster can no longer be relied on as removal. Because it says "another random minion" and not "a random enemy minion", it's only playable on either an empty board against an opponent's one big thing, or when you've got junk minions on your own side against an empty opponent's board.

The Nat Pagle change just makes it an even worse late-game play, but it only removes one card draw opportunity for the turn one or turn two drop. Vulnerable to a few things, but barely a nerf.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Schroom » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:50 am

yeah I don't see the pagle thing as such a bad thing. but the tinkmaster wow.

I guess we will be able to dis it when the patch hits for 1600 dust which gives us another legendary.

but damn, for me being a control deck lover this is tough. I am curious what card will replace it. The owl? another big game?
but seriously even mind control tech is now better which is a rare...
Schroom

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:42 am

I can think of some fringe uses where the new card might be fun - let's say you make a Paladin deck and try to gamble on converting a token - but it's going to be dead for competative play. I'm going to DE it and make myself a Grommash, since I've been wanting to try out Warrior control.

We're probably going to see more silences (for Sylvanas, Cairne, and Tirion, for example), and maybe some more big minions. Handlock will be the unopposed strongest deck in the game. Maybe expect a return of the Black Knight and more Big Game Hunters.

Druids and Paladins will take this as a big nerf - for Druids it was often the only removal card they had.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Schroom » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:08 am

I'm going to DE it and make myself a Grommash, since I've been wanting to try out Warrior control.

you stole my idea :lol:

and yeah My Tirion and sylvanas are pretty happy now. I prefer having a silenced Tirion or sylvanas to a 1:1 squirrel. (and they ALWAYS turned into squirrels ^^)
Schroom

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:18 pm

From the patch notes:

Secrets can now only activate on your opponent’s turn.

Activating your own secrets feels a little strange, but mostly, the ability to do this was preventing us from creating new and powerful secrets that trigger off of events you can easily control (like a minion dying). They end up functioning just like spells, instead of trying to bait your opponent into a bad play. This change keeps secrets working like traps you lay for your opponent, instead of spells that you cast and use on your own turn.

Only thing I can think is that this is a Paladin nerf. As far as I am aware the only secrets you can trigger yourself are Eye for an Eye and Redemption.

Water Elemental (Mage) will now properly freeze armored heroes as intended.

Mage buff!

And apparently you unlock the Hearthsteed mount in WoW by winning 3 games in Play or Ranked mode.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Schroom » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:10 am

As said, I'm DE-ing Tink today for Grom.

now for Nat. should I DE him aswell?

Most of the best legs I got already (Cairne, Sylvanas, Rag, Ysera, black knight, Tirion.... ) now the things I don't got and could make off of him are Alexstrasza, Talnos, a second mountain giant + a second molten giant.

I am a control player.

DE or no DE? which of these Options would be best to craft then?
Schroom

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:11 am

He might be worth DEing if you want to play giants Warlock, but for any other control deck (well, maybe not Control Warrior) I think he's still pretty much an automatic inclusion.

Much as I'd like to get myself even more new cards (on the list: Black Knight, Gorehowl, Ysera, Tirion, second Big Game Hunter), I think Nat Pagle is still almost as strong as he ever was.

Also: Hey, apparently this patch counts as Hearthstone's official release. No longer in beta.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Kai » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:04 am

gonna have to log on to win the 3 games for the mount, I guess. Oh, the drudgery!
Kai

Postby Schroom » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:47 am

I just saw Savjz play his control druid, if I saw correctly he swapped Tink and Nat for "Earthern Ring Farseer" and an "Azure Drake".
Schroom

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:17 am

I'm on a huge loss streak with any deck :( I'm sad... someone teach me how2p?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:42 am

I'm pretty much stagnant on the ladder lately. I just bounce up and down between ranks 13 and 14, whether I'm on my awful Mage deck or supposedly strong Druid and Shaman decks.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:32 am

"Disenchant: Are you sure? The following decks will be invalidated: <List of all my decks.>"

In other news, I can't see anything about golden heroes, even though they said you'd be able to see your progress toward 500 games clearly on the Play menu.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games