Focus Target Debuffs

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Focus Target Debuffs

Postby Hawkslayer » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:30 pm

I generally set my focus on my co-tank in order to be able to see the number of stacks of whatever tank switch mechanic we have to deal with on a particular boss. I get a DBM warning, but obviously that flashes and goes away, while with the focus target, I can glance at it whenever I want.

With 5.4, I can no longer see the debuffs on my focus target. I don't believe this has anything to do with an add-on, and I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this and/or has any idea how to get them back?
Hawkslayer

Re: Focus Target Debuffs

Postby nalenb » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:15 pm

I use Raven for tracking buffs/debuffs. I created 2 special debuff bars, one set to my debuffs, one set to my focus's debuffs. I have them both set to only show debuffs from a spell list which I call tank swaps. In this spell list I only list specific debuffs that require a tank swap. That way I just quickly glance at these bars and it only shows the tank swap debuffs instead of trying to hunt through all the debuffs on my focus or myself.
Shiblon - Anvilmar
nalenb

Postby golfinguy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:22 am

nalenb wrote:I use Raven for tracking buffs/debuffs. I created 2 special debuff bars, one set to my debuffs, one set to my focus's debuffs. I have them both set to only show debuffs from a spell list which I call tank swaps. In this spell list I only list specific debuffs that require a tank swap. That way I just quickly glance at these bars and it only shows the tank swap debuffs instead of trying to hunt through all the debuffs on my focus or myself.

Late to the party I know, but I was setting this up and I still wasn't seeing the stack count. I have the 'count' checked - anything else I need to do?
golfinguy

Postby bldavis » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:06 pm

the method i use is not really a method, but is a feature i guess
i use shadowed unit frames, and have debuffs on my focus target turned on with my focus target bar where i can see it clearly with just a quick glance

another way would be to possibly use weak/power auras or maybe tell me when, i have used TMW so i am not sure on that one though

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Kal » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:38 pm

I have NeedToKnow, which I think is from the same creators of TellMeWhen. I use it to track my focus target's debuffs, time and stacks, and it hasn't had any issues.
"There is no such thing as luck; there is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."
- Robert A. Heinlein
Kal

Postby golfinguy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:46 am

bldavis wrote:the method i use is not really a method, but is a feature i guess
i use shadowed unit frames, and have debuffs on my focus target turned on with my focus target bar where i can see it clearly with just a quick glance

another way would be to possibly use weak/power auras or maybe tell me when, i have used TMW so i am not sure on that one though

For some reason, SUF on my PC was not showing stack count - unless the font was so small it wasn't obvious.

I have Raven worked out now though, and like its filtering capabilities.
golfinguy

Postby bldavis » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:10 am

i had that problem as well, all i did was up the aura size and i was able to see it ok
i dont remember if you can up just font size for aura stack counts or not..

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros