Remove Advertisements

Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Worldie » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:06 am

+2 sp on ground + Freeze + icelance + icelance + high dmg minion hit.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:10 am

So you either were already behind and hadn't been able to clear his minions, or you made a mistake and chose not to clear his minions. Baord control is much more important than hero life in most cases. Either way, not an OTK.

Edit: If I was playing against a Mage in Constructed these days, and I had seen them play Sorceror's Apprentice, Mirror Image, and Spellpower minions, I'd expect it to be the Frostbolt/Ice Lance combo deck, and I'd expect them to be using the combo when I was at about 20 health. Because that's how the deck plays - the combo is there to bring you into Pyro or double Fireball range. So I'd play around it, trying to keep my health above 20 and avoid leaving minions up.

I'm always trying to work out in my head what the opponent would need in hand to kill me.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:36 pm

I'm beginning to warm up to Druid:

If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:02 am

Any hint to build a working paladin deck?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Passionario » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:12 am

Worldie wrote:Any hint to build a working paladin deck?

Start with the core stuff: Truesilvers, Consecrates, Aldor Peacekeepers and the like are 2-of in pretty much any Paladin deck. Add general high-value neutral stuff like Harvest Golems or Cairne. Then you need to decide whether you want to go for aggro or control.

For aggro, use a bunch of low-cost minions (even murlocs will do), prop them up with Sword of Justice and add Divine Favor for hand refill. For control, run Pyromancer/Equality, Tazdingo and Abomination to stave off the early rush, Lay on Hands for stabilization and the biggest epic/legendary hitters you have as finishers.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:05 am

So since I got no legendaryes I guess I shoulnd't build a paladin deck.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Passionario » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:11 am

Worldie wrote:So since I got no legendaryes I guess I shoulnd't build a paladin deck.

Yeah, you probably shouldn't. Being a Paladin is all about overcoming adversity and rising up to the challenge, rather than making excuses and folding at the first sign of opposition. Have you considered making a Mage or Rogue deck instead? :roll: :roll: :roll:

:seriousanswer:: Start with Trump's Basic Paladin and gradually replace individual cards with stronger counterparts as you acquire them:

Bloodfen Raptor -> Knife Juggler
Novice Engineer -> Loot Hoarder
Razorwind Hunter -> Harvest Golem
Blessing of Kings -> Dark Iron Dwarf
Hand of Protection -> Argent Protector
Boulderfist Ogre -> Argent Commander
Chillwind Yeti -> Defender of Argus
Guardian of Kings -> Azure Drake
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:55 am

Well so far all I've read in the last 10 pages or so is "you need X Y Z legendaryes or you can't win".

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby katraya » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:41 am

I was talked into trying this over the weekend by an old guildie. I've never played a card based game before so I had no idea wtf I was doing but managed to muddle through with his guidance. I've gotten a bit hooked so I plan on sticking with it for now.

Is there a good Hearthstone for Dummies page?
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Kai » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:49 am

Worldie wrote:Well so far all I've read in the last 10 pages or so is "you need X Y Z legendaryes or you can't win".

must be reading a different thread then. if you want to build a long-game-control deck, yes, you'll need a couple legendaries. plenty of good decks that use little or even none. the best two aggressive decks atm are probably hunter and warrior. Both these use actually 0 legendaries. and plenty of people got up to legend rank with these in the last ladder.
even the current most popular druid build - and the druid decks used to be stocked up on almost all legendaries available - cut most of them in favor of the three 2/2 guys + savage roar as a finisher.
Kai

Postby Kai » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:51 am

katraya wrote:I was talked into trying this over the weekend by an old guildie. I've never played a card based game before so I had no idea wtf I was doing but managed to muddle through with his guidance. I've gotten a bit hooked so I plan on sticking with it for now.

Is there a good Hearthstone for Dummies page?

good way to start is probably watching trump's early streams/videos. posted some on youtube i think, or otherweise the twitch.tv archive. I'd start with the ones a few months old as he probably goes over each card more then he does now. but that explains the basics of what cards are good and how to attack in what spots very well.
Kai

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:35 am

Liquidhearth.com does some beginners style articles, and there's the occasional one on iHearthu.com .

Worldie - I made a Paladin deck for a quest recently and the only legendary I put in there was Cairne, who's probably replaceable (a Boulderfist Ogre is another big 6 which isn't as powerful as Cairne but could maybe do the job). I disenchant a lot of Paladin cards so I don't even have much option beyond Commons, but the deck worked well enough. (Well, I did have 1x Sword of Justice, which is pretty powerful.)

Three months in I'm finally doing alright at this game. I seem to have just hit the point where I can play Arena endlessly without having to go into ranked for gold. I'm not gaining gold overall, and not consistently getting 7 wins, but I'm winning just enough that quest rewards make up the difference.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Paxen » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:44 am

Worldie wrote:Well so far all I've read in the last 10 pages or so is "you need X Y Z legendaryes or you can't win".

The problem isn't that you need legendaries to win - you don't. The problem is that you have to dig really, really deep to find any discussion or strategy articles that don't assume you got access to at least several good legendaries.
Paxen

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:13 am

I just don't understand how everyone except me seembs to be drowning in legendary cards.
They cost 1600 dusts to craft and most cards give barely 5 or 20 if DEd ><

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Kai » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:23 am

i've had beta sine ealry october or so and I got 6 or 7 legendaries. hardly drowning in them. and I used to play a lot of arenas, almost 1 day. last few weeks hardly playing at all though, just some constructed here and there. arena really needs some new cards, pretty boring at this point.
Kai

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games