Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Amirya » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:53 pm

I thought it was Nooska who doubted you!
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3953
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nooska » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:28 pm

*puts on politician garb*
I never said such a thing...

*cough*
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1525
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:47 pm

2 hours later still nothing.

Ty bnet.eu for a whole evening in boredom, and tomorrow I'll be out whole day, I'll miss my drug =(


Fact: As soon as I clicked Submit, my bnet launcher managed to connect. QQing always works.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13421
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Amirya » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:10 pm

Post your bewilderment:

16 year old girl's skydiving accident

Wethington's father says his daughter should not have been allowed by the Oklahoma skydiving company to perform the jump, even though Makenzie's parents signed off on letting her do it.


What? Is it because the company may have not ensured she was properly trained? Or is it because the father was expecting the company to parent his daughter?
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3953
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Ironshield » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:18 am

My Frustration = getting over a cold and the absolute worst bit, not a runny nose, not aches and pains, not lack of energy, the worst bit is the sodding two days I get to spend trying to equalise the pressure in my ears... and then when they finally pop and get right, sniffing and cocking it all up again!

Amirya wrote:Post your bewilderment:

16 year old girl's skydiving accident

Wethington's father says his daughter should not have been allowed by the Oklahoma skydiving company to perform the jump, even though Makenzie's parents signed off on letting her do it.


What? Is it because the company may have not ensured she was properly trained? Or is it because the father was expecting the company to parent his daughter?

First off: wow that must have hurt, although I suppose it wasn't 3000 feet of full free fall as her chute was out but not open so at least it would have slowed her a bit.
Secondly: I can't possibly imagine how absolutely terrible it must have been for her dad (who jumped first) to watch the whole thing happen and be powerless to do anything about it. So in that case I think I can forgive a bonehead blame-shifty quote or two.
Image
Ironshield
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:46 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Amirya » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:43 am

Oh, I absolutely can empathize with Dad. I'm just not following the logic of that statement, but it makes sense, I suppose. "If it's the company's fault, then it won't be mine that my little girl is there."
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3953
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nooska » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:13 pm

Finally got around to wanting to play some HS, and the game won't start up :(
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1525
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Darielle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:04 am

Worldie wrote:Just tried with a friend, it indeed generates 0 threat, BOTH the heal and the dmg.

Swapping back to holy prism until they fix it <.<


So actually, this just got even weirder (and frustrating, heyo) after I got into a talk on the WoW forums

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsAAnxuziUU
Notice no threat generated, the mob isn't pulled off. When Judgment happens, Judgment generates threat, but no threat from the LH exists at all (it's not even delayed threat, because the Judgment + Xuen procs are the only ones generating threat, and the numbers back that up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9AsPbrpfyE
At 00:30, the LH is on a mob that's already aggoed (the Crab) while the Priest has pulled an extra mob (the Sha). Threat generated on the Crab, the Crab turns. The extra mob doesn't get any threat on it and continues hitting the Priest.
Fast forward to 2:05, and once again LH fails to pull off a Priest's staff autoattack.

Apparently the way it's behaving is that if you have no other threat on the mob, LH will generate no threat (not even delayed threat, the threat simply doesn't exist), but if you have generated threat with other spells prior, LH threat will be redirected to you?

If anyone cares to try these out and see if I'm not crazy, or if I am, go right ahead
Darielle
 
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:41 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nooska » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:05 am

That does sound rather smart - meaning LH doesn't autopull random critters within "range", but does add threat on engaged mobs.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1525
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:55 am

The problem lies on the fact that one of the major uses for LH is to pickup newly spawned groups of mobs :|
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13421
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:47 am

Well, that's pretty stupid.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11142
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Ironshield » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:16 pm

EU login issues have been going on for a while now it seems, but I've had zero problems logging in... Tonight is raid night - Half an hour and no joy despite @BlizzardCSEU_EU claiming it's better :(
Image
Ironshield
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:46 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Darielle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:59 pm

Nooska wrote:That does sound rather smart - meaning LH doesn't autopull random critters within "range", but does add threat on engaged mobs.


Oh, to add to that, if you're solo, or the only person on the mob's threat table, it'll pull to you just fine.

Basically it means LH is going to have wasted ticks if you're using it to generate threat on mobs that someone else has if you can't first HotR or something else to the mobs. It'll still pull random critters (why would that even be a concern? NERF SQUIRREL), pull random mobs if they walk in, break CC, etc.
Darielle
 
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:41 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:44 pm

Darielle wrote:Basically it means LH is going to have wasted ticks if you're using it to generate threat on mobs that someone else has if you can't first HotR or something else to the mobs. It'll still pull random critters (why would that even be a concern? NERF SQUIRREL), pull random mobs if they walk in, break CC, etc.


Just quoting myself

Worldie wrote:The problem lies on the fact that one of the major uses for LH is to pickup newly spawned groups of mobs :|


For example, on Garrosh, I'd throw light's hammer to a side of adds spawn, and run to pick the other 3 with avenger shield. This would be no longer possible.

Do we need help for holding mobs we already got threat on? Hardly. Really, we don't. Might as well run ES at that point as it provides better DPS.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13421
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Darielle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:47 pm

Not the same thing. By using LH on a mob that has been hit with, say, HotR, or one tick of Consecrate, and presumably a mob that you have "generated" threat on with EF qualifies, you're actually generating significant aoe threat. A mob that you have "threat" on isn't necessarily a mob is aggroed on you.
Darielle
 
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:41 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest