[10H] Siegecrafter Blackfuse (Guide)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen, frontallobe

Re: [10H] Siegecrafter Blackfuse (Guide)

Postby Winkle » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:52 am

I just check on warcraft logs.

Electrostatic charge gets applied instantly and then every 17 seconds.
Automated shredder spawns after 40s and then oncer per minute.

The result is that the 2nd automated shredder spawns 2 seconds before the 7th elextrostatic charge is cast.

Also it means that the 4th add can be picked up by the 2nd tank with 6 stacks of debuff.
Winkle

Postby Xfighter » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:04 am

We do the exact same as you Schroom in terms of tanks/stacks, and I'm in your role. For add 4 with 3 stacks, its important to ensure you're getting to him before he links to the boss (this has me tanking it between the middle of the room and its spawn point or thereabouts). I ensure AW+HA are available, EF refresh with ES etc, and depending on crits before DFA happens, I make a judgement call on if I need to use my second potion or not for when he lands (it does tend to help out).

The biggest thing with it though, is if you're going to be a bit short on the damage to taunt for stack #4, you need to make sure you head over and taunt anyways. I coordinate with my co-tank if I'm going to be short as I head to taunt, and he'll come over and help finish off my add. Typically speaking when I'm short on it, it's at around 10-20% so him with 2 stacks and me with 4 is enough to finish it off (might get overload #4 this way - can't really remember.)

Only thing we do differently is we tank add #2 & #5 on the boss, with both tanks assigned with killing it off (it always gets nearly globaled when it lands or shortly after) as during progression I wasn't able to be consistent with getting this add dead before the 4th overload (add #2) by myself and we almost always lost people to it. Switching to both tanks on them (2&5) lost some boss DPS but meant less raid deaths from 4th overloads.

Your raid leaders argument about saw blades and fire makes no sense as tanks aren't valid options for blades or fire, and having both healers in the clump means deaths are less likely as 2 healers covering blade/fire/overload damage instead of 1 allows for a greater margin of error. The only risky bit is the DFA in melee, but as long as tanks are far enough from range, and the melee are smart, it generally is ignorable. (when these adds are flying up with our positioning we generally have to dodge missle lines in melee anyways)

You should try to talk to him about it outside raid, as it might be a easy solution to the problems you guys are having.
Xfighter

Postby Schroom » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:14 am

yes I know, I would play it like this immediately, and I also only see benefits of tanking those adds on the Boss.

by more fire/sawbaldes btw he means the second healer. the way we play now, I tank the add away from the camp and have our 2nd healer next to me. so tanking the add on the Boss means that also our second healer is close to the camp, and could be targeted by fire/sawblades giving the rest more ways to fail/whipe. (and it is not a healing problem we whipe on here most times, but a problem of DPS getting on the belt to slow, spawning Blades in the Tanks path and walking over patches, ad so on. but we have a fix here now) so one healer in the front is actually fine, because if everything goes as planed he only has to heal himself , Bosstank and 1 MeleePS.

Winkle wrote: this would require he go to 7 or 8 stacks

yeah unfortunatly this will kill him. 6 stacks is max. he's out of Cooldowns then and also both HoSacs (from me and from our HPala) are out by then

Winkle wrote:Also it means that the 4th add can be picked up by the 2nd tank with 6 stacks of debuff.

mh what stack rotation do you have in mind here? sounds intreging.

XFighter. usualy I would be planed in for Add No 5 as well with 4 stacks. so blowing both Cooldowns (HA+AW) on the 4rd add might be counterproductive, as even with patches/baldes and 4 stacks I can't kill the thing wihtout Cooldowns.

also we don't want to apply a tactic that implies "luck" or "judgement calls" everytime we do the fight. we want something that's guaranteed to work all the time if no one fucks up :P

btw I even work haste/armor elixiers and hastefood.
Schroom

Postby Winkle » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:30 am

Schroom wrote:
Winkle wrote:Also it means that the 4th add can be picked up by the 2nd tank with 6 stacks of debuff.

mh what stack rotation do you have in mind here? sounds intreging.

1st two columns is the timer for the electrostatic charge application, 2nd two columns are the shredder spawns. Last two columns indicate which tank will be killing the shredder and the stacks they will have.

As you can see shredder 2 spawns at 100 seconds, the 7th stack of charge is applied at 102 seconds, so i get my 5th stack then kill shredder 2. This allows Tank 2 to kill both the 3rd and 4th shredders.
Winkle

Postby Schroom » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:04 am

thanks, I'll post it in my guild forum and see what happens.
Schroom

Postby Xfighter » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:22 pm

I can't help but think if a single person being in range of the "camp" and thus being one additional saw blade target is enough to potentially mess you guys up that badly - that maybe your positioning could use work? We found while progressing that having even just one person in the wrong spot or moving too slowly could cause some real headaches. Early in progression we hammered it in peoples heads to never cross over the path that tanks take (predefined and consistent once we found exact spots), and to not put blades in front of where the range would be moving during fire.

I also aim to BoP our druid healer during fire+magnets, since she seemed to always eat them - if saw blades are a issue there, maybe a bop may help a bit?

Just seems unreasonable to state one healers blades in the group is enough to throw everything off tilt lol.
Xfighter

Postby Schroom » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:42 am

if saw blades are a issue there, maybe a bop may help a bit?

positioning is okay it's more wrong calls that mess up.

as I said, when the magnet starts everyone, except both healers, both tanks and our Frost DK (has debuff) go on the belt. so they are safe.

before leaving our rogue puts a smokebomb on the Boss, so that one sawblades won't spawn.

I BoP our schaman healer allready, bubble myself and our holypally bubbles as well.

nonetheless the phase is longer than 10 seconds (BoP) and we have 95% of our whipes in exactly that phase. it gets better but still. usually our heal pally and/or our warrior (as a result) dies. mostly for wrong calls how to dodge (running left instead of right) sawblades put into the tank path, taking to many stacks from the firepatch and so on.

our warriortank is a drill sergeant IRL so yeah. he also tried to HAMMER it into their skulls. *gg*

well it gets better, and we see the 4rd add more often now, (which is why I posted here, as I noticed that with our strat the add won't die)

but as I said, I perfectly agree, I also don't understand at all why we just can't tank it on top of the boss. I would prefer it, and I think it even helps having two healers in the camp than one.

well we are going with our warrior doing Add No3 with 6 stacks, getting a 7th stack and do add no 4. (we changed our CD rotation, "et voila")
Schroom

Postby Xfighter » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:32 am

Hope the new stack rotation works for you guys :). I'm interested in seeing how the fight looks like with the hotfixes but it'll be 2 weeks before I get to see them lol. Let us know how the stacks go for you guys, and here's to getting to Klaxxi which feels like actual progression and not a wall ^_^
Xfighter

Postby Schroom » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:14 am

the nerf feels huge.

while being at ~45-50% where most wipes occoured, even with only 30 minutes of progression yesterday after reset (and 11 Bosses to farm previously) we got to about 25-30% most of the time. so it looks like if we might actually get to killrange today (4h of progression inc)

atm it works ok.
Code: Select all
T1: 3 add 4 add          2 -    5 add
T2  2 -          6 add - 7 add  -

is where we are now with ~25% BossHP remaining.

I'll keep you informed.

Klaxxi is more step by step progression, as it is one boss at a time progression, which might feel less draining I think (we also took a look at them for ~2 hours once before stopping progression end of November 'til now)
Schroom

Postby Kai » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:47 pm

klaxxi was a good deal easier on 10 men then pre-nerf siegecrafter for us. i'd say thok is tougher then klaxxi as well. it's really just learning where to run when and that's it.
if you get siegecrafter to 25-30%, you can kill it. assuming you are killing mines on the belt whenever they are up, you survived the worst part of the fight then, empowered laser followed by empowered magnet. it only gets easier from there, just need everyone to focus for 5 min and it's done.
Kai

Postby Schroom » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:29 am

yeah. unfortunately the Derp was strong with us today and we basically wasted 3.5 h where we didn't even saw the 3rd add....

fortunately the last 30minutes were good and we are at 17% now. if we can control the Derp and continue where we left yesterday it should die soon.
Schroom

Postby Winkle » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:30 am

So yesterday we tried an alternative belt kill order which results in only having either overcharged missiles or overcharged mines.

This is primarily because most of the raid couldn't help but stand in all the crap on the floor and die gratuiously using the standard strat.

We made some half decent progress, once we can 100% gurantee the bombs will all die then the fight becomes very easy since it's cyclic with just 2 mechanics.
Winkle

Postby Schroom » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:11 am

W00p w00p about 3 sub 5% wipes yesterday. and most tries where sub 20%. kill inc, I smell it.
Schroom

Postby Xfighter » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:24 am

Gratz! Enjoy paragons as a nice breather until Garrosh ^_^
Xfighter

PreviousNext

Return to Mists of Pandaria Raids (T14+)