All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Teranoid » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:34 pm

Teranoid

Postby Shoju » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:12 pm

WEll, the BBWAA site is not responding. I've tried it on 3 different net providers. Someone burnt it down.
Shoju

Postby Shoju » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:03 am

Dear World,

Don't judge all fans of organizations with racially questionable / offensive images nicknames by the mouth breathing idiots you see on the internet flaming it up because Chief Wahoo is getting demoted.

I promise, some of us are happy to see the change.
Shoju

Postby Flex » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:44 am

Man all the fans who were angry that Mike hired Kyle to be the Redskins OC (his time with the Texans and first two years with the horrible QBs but decent offense with the Redskins should quiet that) should really hate how the current situation is shaking out. Bruce Allen is trying to reproduce Tampa circa early 2000s.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:55 am

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:00 am

And this is the fallout that happens when you treat people like shit, think too much of what you have, get jealous of the good fortunes of others, and lie to your fanbase.

Cleveland Browns; scraping the bottom of the dung heap for a coach, yet again.

And this time, it's completely, 100%, absolutely, the fault of the front office, and their antics.

If Jimmy 3 Sticks had any balls, he would fire Banner and Lombardi, to show the fans he's serious about building a winner. But it wont happen.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:21 am

http://deadspin.com/comcast-sportsnet-a ... socialflow

TV station airs NSFW version of the new CUBS mascot.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:23 am

I'm sure the Cubs appreciate it though because it'll probably be the only time anyone pays attention to them for the rest of the year.
Teranoid

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:49 am

Shoju wrote:And this is the fallout that happens when you treat people like shit, think too much of what you have, get jealous of the good fortunes of others, and lie to your fanbase.

And this time, it's completely, 100%, absolutely, the fault of the front office, and their antics.

If Jimmy 3 Sticks had any balls, he would fire Banner and Lombardi, to show the fans he's serious about building a winner. But it wont happen.

How will you feel when after all options are exhausted they promote from within…the next coach of your Cleveland Browns…Norv Turner!
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:09 pm

Flex wrote:
Shoju wrote:And this is the fallout that happens when you treat people like shit, think too much of what you have, get jealous of the good fortunes of others, and lie to your fanbase.

How will you feel when after all options are exhausted they promote from within…the next coach of your Cleveland Browns…Norv Turner!

Glad it's over. Really, it's the only option left, and I think might be the only reason that they haven't just completely fired all of the staff. They need someone in house that they can hope will stick around. I really don't see Gase leaving Denver for Cleveland, Malzahn, despite the lust in his loins that three sticks has for him, isn't leaving auburn, and they already pissed off the only college coach who even remotely seemed interested in the idea of coaching the browns.
Shoju

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:18 pm

Ha!

Zimmer is looking to steal Norv from the Browns.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:23 am

and we'll probably fire the next coach after next season, because this guy we praised in january / february / mid season, ends up not being the guy to win with either. Seriously, the fan who called them the three stooges was so spot on.
Shoju

Postby Shoju » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:13 pm

I'm very pleased with how the super bowl matchup turned out. This is what I wanted.

Going to say right now:

Broncos: 24
Seachickens 21

And it's going to be an ugly mother of a game.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:23 pm

ill say hawks 24, broncos 17, and i agree, it will be one hell of a game

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:30 am

I still think the Seahawks are the most complete team in the league and should win going away. This is the matchup I wanted, though I'm not looking forward to the Seattle PED discussions that are bound to happen.

But it's the best two teams and it's strength against strength. I just hope that pre-season game they had doesn't foreshadow anything because that ugly watching Denver get manhandled on every play.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General