Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:31 am

Movies and tv shows can have all sort of violence. At least here in italy. Sometimes violences I never thought of!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:33 am

Same question then: have you completed a playthrough? In general ( i.e. Carjacking, shootouts, heists, even cold purder) the game is average, indeed nearly tame. But it's got a few specific scenes (see above) that are really disturbing.

And actually, what shocks me more, is how two adults haven't given a second's thought to answer this very question for a kid under their care. Especially when I remember refusing God of War 2 to my 12 y old brother because I wasn't certain what exactly warranted its rating and didn't want to take a risk.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Teranoid » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:32 am

Maybe because they're responsible adults who feel their child is smart enough to distinguish fantasy from reality? Holy shit what a concept right? People actually raising their children!
Teranoid

Postby Sagara » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:10 pm

I forgot you know them better than I do - how dumb of me :roll: Neither of them are very aware of gaming in general and neither were they aware exactly what the game entailed until I gave them the Cliff's note.

Lay off the snark, or at least argument with the game in mind, not generalistic BS. I'm not here to start a fight either against you guys or the "mature" game industry - I actually have my own copy of the game, and I'd root for it to anyone mature enough to handle it.

Short version: I'm chocked that some adults don't stop to even think for a second when giving children sensitive material. It' the lack of forethought that stuns me more than the actual purchase.

Sagara

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:10 pm

Sagara wrote:Short version: I'm chocked that some adults don't stop to even think for a second when giving children sensitive material. It' the lack of forethought that stuns me more than the actual purchase.

Without talking about GTA specifically but more about games in general, a large majority of the adults not only have no clue about what happens in gameplay and scenes, but also refuse to even learn the gaming world and just deem those games as "child play" without knowing what they really are.
They probably just imagine all games to be like pokemon.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:02 pm

and that is why we have the rating systems, which are being ignored by those that they are supposed to help the most

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:07 pm

bldavis wrote:and that is why we have the rating systems, which are being ignored by those that they are supposed to help the most

Well ask yourself, how many underage people play even WoW? Do people give a fuck about the fact that the terms you accept on login require you to be 18+?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:29 pm

thats my point...
people dont care really
and video games are an easy scapegoat for when something bad happens

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:34 pm

Worldie wrote:
bldavis wrote:and that is why we have the rating systems, which are being ignored by those that they are supposed to help the most

Well ask yourself, how many underage people play even WoW? Do people give a fuck about the fact that the terms you accept on login require you to be 18+?

They actually require you to have the permission of a responsible adult if you are under 18, IIRC. And that is because you can't be liable for breach of contract if you are under 18. The actual game is rated from 12/13 (depending on system used).
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:21 pm

Yet there's loads of actual kids that play it (not talking about behaviour but about actual age, several guildies of mine dont mind at all letting their <10 kids play)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:52 pm

Remember having one of those in the guild way back when - a 10y old girl, daughter of two guildies.
That's something I'm more at ease with - they know what she's going into, and made a conscious choice in full knowledge.

These aren't the people that will blame "the intertubes" when something goes wrong.

Beating the dead horse, but it reminds me a lot how some parents just shrug their shoulders and blame the schools, or the other children when their kids go wrong, when they haven't lifted a finger to do something about it.

Sagara

Postby Era » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:41 am

Bad lecturer.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Nooska » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:14 am

Sagara wrote:[...]
Short version: I'm chocked that some adults don't stop to even think for a second when giving children sensitive material. It' the lack of forethought that stuns me more than the actual purchase.

This part I understand fully. And to answer the other question, no I ahven't played GTAV (I think the last I played was 3) - it sjust not my kind of game.

But yeah, I totally get the issue with people not knowing what they are giving ignoring ratings.
(My example is me, being quite aware of D3 and actually initially refusing it, before deciding otherwise after a ponder).
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Sagara » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:24 am

It feels like it's going to be one of those weeks. My wife's found a (admittedly bargain-bin priced) 250 EUR doll. Sadly, our post-holydays finances don't permit us those expenses until the next month at best, which is way too late.

So she's gone in full-on shut-in mode that I shouldn't give her any kind of hope, and that she'll never get anything nice, which is halfway between "this is all your fault" and "Woe me".

She'll come around in a few days/week, but I feel like hugging the buddha on my desk for serenity.

Sagara

Postby Flex » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:56 pm

Heals form tanks shouldn't produce threat. Oh, using Seal of Insight? Can't do that because shit'll run to you before the other tank can pick them up. Oh, want to use Light's Hammer to help heal the AoE damage? Can't do that all the spawning adds run right to you. It feels like I can't use half my abilities when they would best be used in certain fights because I am fighting to not over threat during add spawn points.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to General