Threat Plates Problem

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Threat Plates Problem

Postby golfinguy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:39 am

Thought I'd post here before opening a ticket in case I've done something stupid that you all could help me with.

Came back to the game about 3 weeks ago or so after 2 years gone. Now that I got a little gear its time to tank.... but Threat Plates isn't working. That would be easy - however, threat plates works on my shammy. Doesn't work on the DK either, just the shammy.

I've re-installed, tried the alpha version, deleted all profiles but default, shut off all other add-ons, no change. Works on shammy, not other toons. I haven't done an exhaustive option comparison, but all of the ones I've checked are the same between toons. I'm pulling my hair out, with little to spare I might add!

Its frustrating to tank without threat plates - I need help.
golfinguy

Re: Threat Plates Problem

Postby Ironshield » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:49 am

I hate it when threat plates stops working.

Check that your tidy plates is up to date and turned on. It might be that you have load out of date set on your shammy but not your other chars.

Once it is back on, make sure you go back in to tidy plates settings and re-setup both specs for each char.

I'm working from memory ATM so sorry if this isn't very helpful.

But there is sometimes a more obscure setting that needs tweaking, good luck.
Ironshield

Postby golfinguy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:53 am

Oh dear - figures I fix it right after posting this. 3 hours of frustration, new thread here, all because I was focused on Threat Plates. When all along it was a base Tidy Plates option that wasn't selected.

(embarrassed face)

Move along, nothing to see here :oops:
golfinguy

Postby golfinguy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:57 am

Ironshield wrote:...make sure you go back in to tidy plates settings and re-setup both specs for each char.

But there is sometimes a more obscure setting that needs tweaking, good luck.

Thanks - but it wasn't obscure at all - I was being a fool. Hate it when that happens.
golfinguy

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros