Gear Progression

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Gear Progression

Postby Sevion » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:39 pm

Hey, what should I do for gear progression? Currently, I'm stuck trying to do Flex 1 and 2. Today, spent hours trying to do Flex 2. Kept wiping on Dark Shaman.

Here's my armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... s/advanced

I'm a bit broke, so I can't really afford to gem/enchant fully.

What should I do to get geared for SoO Heroic?
Sevion

Re: Gear Progression

Postby Jadhzia » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:40 am

Apart from the obvious (getting 528 gear in LFR and/or 540 in Flex), you could farm Burdens of Eternity in Timeless Isle to get 535 gear. I assume you already got the one that is given in the chest near Ordos. After that the drop rate is low but you should get several in 2-3 weeks. You can also buy some for 50k Timeless Coins, or play the lottery in the cave (500 coins to have a chance at a Burden, with partial refund if you fail).

On Timeless Isle, you should also try your luck twice a week, once with Ordos and once with a Celestial, using Warforged Seals. Ordos can drop 559 gear. The Celestials drop 522 or 553 gear. The new raid group tool is ideal to find a group quickly for that.

If you have a blacksmith, or can get the help of one, you can craft a belt and leggings (both 553 ilvl).

You're only at chapter I for the legendary quest. It's tedious, but the cloak you get at the end is worth it (608 ilvl, upgraded for free).

As long as your gear is in flux (changing often), don't bother too much with gems and enchants, especially since LFR and Flex are too easy to require heavy optimization. But if you really aim at SoO HM, you will definitely need to have your professions maxed out for the perks, and your stuff properly optimized. By the way, Enchanting is fine, but Tailoring is not... This profession doesn't give any useful perk for a tank. Since it's still low level, maybe you should reconsider this. Even Mining would be better (Stamina perk).
Jadhzia, Protection Paladin, EU-Sargeras
Jadhzia

Postby Sevion » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:03 am

So for now I'm stuck doing LFR and Flex every Tuesday, farming Burdens, and killing Ordos and Celestials?

Legendary Cloak quest is... ridiculous in my opinion. I'd have no problem with it if you weren't literally forced to wait 7 days every week in order to continue.

Originally I picked Tailoring to make bags to sell for money. I was getting a massive amount of cloth. I stopped and will change to probably Jewelcrafting or Engineering since I have Mining and Blacksmithing on my DK.
Sevion

Postby Jadhzia » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:28 am

Well, there can be some measure of luck involved, but it's rather efficient. Each week, by the time you clear ToT LFR, SoO LFR, SoO Flex, Ordos, one Celestial, cap your valor, farm the Timeless Isle and get your professions up, you'll have quite some game time done. ;)
Jadhzia, Protection Paladin, EU-Sargeras
Jadhzia

Postby Sevion » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:52 pm

Alright, thanks!
Sevion

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice