Remove Advertisements

Updated LFG search feature

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Updated LFG search feature

Postby Thels » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:08 am

Did anyone else try the LFG search feature (Social, Raid tab, Other Raids)? It's been in the system since WotLK, but since yesterday (US)/today (EU) it supports cross-realm for Flex/Celestials/Ordos.

It's been pretty useless up to now, since not enough people were using it. However, due to the cross-realm support, I had no problem finding groups for the world bosses on both my chars in a matter of seconds...
ImageImage
Thels

Re: Updated LFG search feature

Postby Ruldar » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:52 am

It worked fairly well for me yesterday. Of my three Ordos kills yesterday, one was an Oqueue group and the other two were Other Raids groups.

Also, Other Raids is such a strange label for that button.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:13 am

Used it for my weekly Ordos/Celestials kills on three characters on Tuesday. Worked like a charm, very short waits (no more than 5 minutes at most) even though I queued as DPS on each character. I now just wish I could search for Heroic Scenario groups so I could drop oQ entirely.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Jabari » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:23 am

5 characters for celestials and ordos, no issues and very fast for that.

Tried with my warlock for a Flex 1 - sat in "queue" for about 30 minutes, then was pulled into a group that still needed a tank. Which never showed. People started getting impatient and leaving (and being replaced) until the one tank that WAS there left at which point everyone else left too.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby econ21 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:18 pm

For the world bosses, it seems to have killed oqueue overnight on the EU: almost insta-invites using LFG, very few raids showing on oqueue.

I'm not sure how well it will work for Flex, where people are more fussy about gear - it did not seem as transparent as oqueue. (I haven't tried forming a group with LFG so I am not sure, but oqueue was very open about the raid requirements and everyone's spec, ilevel etc.)
econ21

Postby Teranoid » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:58 pm

I used it for the Celestials/Ordos and had no problem.

It was fun OQueue but sadly you have outlived your usefulness.
Teranoid

Postby Thels » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:24 am

There's an addon called LFRAdvanced that shows additional information, such as item level, so that allows raid leaders to be more picky (this doesn't require the other side to have the addon installed), but that doesn't help if people do not yet trust the feature for finding their Flex group and not sign up for it.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby econ21 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:26 am

I have only a vague understanding of oqueue's functionality, but it seems to have an intriguing rep counter. I set up a group and invited a tank who had -50 rep or something. "What does -50 rep mean?" I innocently wondered. After 3 hours of sustained venomous abuse from my co-tank, I started to understand.
econ21

Postby lythac » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:41 am

Both my Ordos groups were the full 40 mans. Coming from a low pop realm and normally doing it later in the week it was a nice change to scraping together 20-25 and having the chance of a wipe if the tank moved and the DPS were slow to follow.

With Celestials scaling from 10-40 in one of my Ordos groups a handful of players killed Celestials whilst players were flying to the island. That was a nice time saving bonus.

Prior I wouldn't have time to fit it in between work and before a raid, now seems I can get the combo down on both my characters. I like it.

Am at home Friday so might try and give some of the earlier Flex wings a go on the alt.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Ruldar » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:19 am

Thels wrote:There's an addon called LFRAdvanced that shows additional information, such as item level, so that allows raid leaders to be more picky (this doesn't require the other side to have the addon installed), but that doesn't help if people do not yet trust the feature for finding their Flex group and not sign up for it.

Ooo, I'll have to give that addon a try.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:06 am

5.4.2 Hotfixes: December 16 wrote:Siege of Orgrimmar

Cross-Realm raid browser (located in the Social Pane under Other Raids on the Raid tab) now has a minimum item level requirement for players attempting to list for Siege of Orgrimmar on Flexible raid difficulty.
[*] Vale of Eternal Sorrows requires a minimum item level of 510.
[*] Gates of Retribution requires a minimum item level of 517.
[*] The Underhold requires a minimum item level of 524.
[*] Downfall requires a minimum item level of 531.

I suppose this is a good thing?

Personally still haven't used the Flex part of the system yet.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Thels » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:29 am

It basically automatically filters out those that are undergeared, so the groups that DO spawn from the new feature have a better chance of clearing the instance.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Worldie » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:07 am

But then how can people demand 550 ilvl for Flex when they have 490 themselves like in trade / OQ / OR ?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Return to General