Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Shoju » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:19 am

It reminds me of a conversation I had recently with someone, about separation of church and state, and how this is a "christian" country, and "would I be ok with my money saying In Mohammed we trust?!"

I tried to explain their logical fallacies, and that it wouldn't say Mohammed, it would say Allah, and they just argued and argued and argued, because hey? What do I know. It's not like I was going to college to get a degree in world religion or anything.
Shoju

Postby Nooska » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:40 am

Kalimaa wrote:I just have to vent my frustration here.

But having to disable my antivirus each time I have to use the official public login here in Denmark (banks, taxes, goverment, insurances etc.) because of the highly suspicious way the system is designed is a royal pain...

Look on the bright side - NETS said they were moving away from java when java update disabled the entire system.

(My AV+Firewall works fine with it though - using ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Suite)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Sagara » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:53 am

Shoju wrote:It reminds me of a conversation I had recently with someone, about separation of church and state, and how this is a "christian" country, and "would I be ok with my money saying In Mohammed we trust?!"

I tried to explain their logical fallacies, and that it wouldn't say Mohammed, it would say Allah, and they just argued and argued and argued, because hey? What do I know. It's not like I was going to college to get a degree in world religion or anything.

Actually, it would probably sounds that much more classy to read "In our Fathers we trust" but the apoplectic attack would kill half your population...
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Era » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:41 pm

I think we should all just convert back to gold, silver and copper coins - on the back they can say "For the Light!"
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Fetzie » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:54 pm

Sagara wrote:
Shoju wrote:It reminds me of a conversation I had recently with someone, about separation of church and state, and how this is a "christian" country, and "would I be ok with my money saying In Mohammed we trust?!"

Actually, it would probably sounds that much more classy to read "In our Fathers we trust" but the apoplectic attack would kill half your population...

In reality tv we trust.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:59 pm

In Satan we mistrust.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:32 am

A Follow-up on the whole Affluenza thing

http://breakingbrown.com/2013/12/rich-w ... ing-drunk/
http://www.yourblackworld.net/2013/12/u ... to-prison/

Same Judge (Jean Boyd)

Black teens, however, aren’t nearly as lucky when they come before the courts. Kuntrell Jackson, who is black, was 14 years old when he took part in a robbery that ended with the death of a store clerk. Even though Jackson was not the trigger man, he was tried as an adult sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Defense argument, from the official transcript:
Kuntrell Jackson was born in a household where there was
nothing but violence and guns and people shooting each
other. His grandmother shot his uncle. His mother shot
a neighbor. His brother shot someone. They were all
put to jail.

But, unlike an adult, these children don't
have the ability to escape. A child of 14 cannot leave
his criminogenic or violent environment. They have no
control over that. And because --

http://www.supremecourt.gov/oral_argume ... 0-9647.pdf

I guess the judge feels sorry for white kids with Affluenza, but no mercy for black kids with Brokeitis.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Nooska » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:32 am

Well, there is a distinct difference between participating in a felony where someone gets killed, and driving drunk and killing someone.
Main Characters:

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:18 am

Kuntrell

That's an unfortunate name...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:57 am

Skye1013 wrote:
Kuntrell

That's an unfortunate name...

Yeah, he was doomed from the start.

Nooska wrote:Well, there is a distinct difference between participating in a felony where someone gets killed, and driving drunk and killing someone.

Maybe killing someone while driving dunk should be a felony right off the bat. It just seems that the black kid was a better candidate at rehabilitation seeing that he did not directly kill anyone, even if he was involved in a crime that ended in the death of someone.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Amirya » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:11 pm

Maybe driving while intoxicated should be a felony right off the bat.

(And I can safely say I have never done that, because I do not like the feeling of intoxication, see no point to drinking, and find the assholes who DO get intoxicated a thousand times more entertaining than participating in such activities.)

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:10 am

I think that people need to learn to drink properly (i.e. responsibly) before they learn to drive

1. I would allow people to drink non-spirits (beer and wine) at 16-17, spirits at 18 and obtain a driving license at 18 with 1 year probation (if you get caught drink-driving, you lose the license and have to retake the course and exam) and the retake date is at the earliest when the probation period would have expired should the license be revoked. A new probation period would start upon passing of the driving license. Probationary licenses are invalid between 10 pm and 6 am unless there is an immediate medical emergency.

and

2. getting caught drink-driving should be a 12 month licence suspension. Community work or suspended jail sentence on the second offense and a chat with a medical psychologist who can refuse to sign off on allowing you to retake your driving test. Third offense would be a jail term, driving license revoked and a 3 year waiting period until you can retake the driving lesson course and examination (to begin upon leaving jail.

Causing an accident while drunk-driving would be classed as manslaughter.
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Nooska » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:36 am

Apart from teh probation period on drivers licenses, your point no. 1 is teh reality in denmark.
I agree probationary licenses could be a thing, though I would not agree on the stipulated times.
Anecdotally, I learned to drive (you first learn to take the test, then you learn to drive, like my teacher said) by driving, I'd say about 15.000 km the first 6 months - at night when the traffic was low (I was already on sick leave at the time).

By restricitng the timeslot, you are guaranteeing that new drivers can only drive during the hours where there is a significant amount of traffic.

If I were to restrict it, I would restrict them from driving during rush hours instead (excepting if they were actually going to work etc.)

The probelm with the restriction (which could work in any number of ways in theory) is how to enforce it. You can't pull someone over for looking young, so you have to have a probable cause of some other sort to check whether they are allowed to drive. (Exceptions for medical emergencies, I would thinnk to be superflous, as a) you shouldn't be driving if you have a medical emergency, b) you should have professionals on hand if you are not already driving before heading to the hospital, and c) most countries I know of have a proviso of "right of emergency" / "state of necessity" whereby you are immunized for breaking the law if you broke it to prevent a greater loss (to put it briefly) - like running the red light to get out of the way of the ambulance with sirens coming up behind you (or breaking a window to save a life) - a state of law whereby you can apply the self-defence principle to others and to goods (you may destroy something of a lesser value to save something of a greater value without incurring culpuous responsibility if you believed it was the only/best/fastest way and the bonus pater familias would have done so to)
Main Characters:

Nooska

Postby Fetzie » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:37 am

The police could just run the plates of a young driver and look at who is insured to drive the car and how old they are.

They have a similar thing here in Germany, where you can do your driver license at 17, but you have to be accompanied by a responsible adult (parent or guardian) that has held a full drivers license for at least three years until you turn 18 and can't drive at night or on motorways.

Fetzie

Postby Sagara » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:05 am

Almost got phished with yesterday's login server outage.

Got a phishing mail in, that claims password was changed, yada yada yada.
Deciding to play it safe, I try to log on Diablo - no success, some kind of error.

Hmm...

WoW? HS? Same shit.

*Starting to worry a bit*

Going to the main website, trying to log via the web interface - still no luck.

"Oh for the love of!"

Only THEN did I realize my Battlenet had a small blurb below mentionning login issues.

If account thiefs start crashing Battlenet to lend their fake mails credence, that's pushing it far! :mrgreen:
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to General