ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

Postby Fetzie » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:53 am

If you can use spell IDs to identify auras, these are the three different versions of GoAK

Protection GoAK: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=86659
Holy GoAK: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=86669
Retribution GoAK: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=86698
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:01 pm

The code does check for either spell name or Spell ID, so these should work; I'll doublecheck and change the UI to clarify that spell IDs are an option.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Korbah » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:03 am

Anyone know if there is a good replacement for this? I used it a ton in wrath, but stopped when I stopped seriously raiding. Now I think it would be very useful for custom warnings.
Korbah

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:47 am

This still works. Are you having problems with it?

Although, come to think, the buttons aren't rendering.

I think some people use Need To Know, which has some nice announce features.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby kachna » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Hello guys!
So I have just spent last night updating the original addon, to find myself having open a wowinterface page with the updated one, containing exactly what I've done :-/

However, I struggle closing the UI frame in this new version, and I feel like there's something wrong with the stacks feature (I set it to only announce sacred shield with a stack > 2, which shouldn't happen, yet it always announces SS anyway), and apparently it doesn't handle instance pugs too well, so I'll get onto it and see what I can do, gonna keep this thing updated, if anyone's interested!

Sincerely, me.

Also, where's my old maintankadin account :'(
kachna

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:27 pm

Modus is that you?

I've been keeping it generally functional, although the UI is broken now (buttons don't render, but still work). It also doesn't support some of the new channels, which I didn't bother fixing since no one gives a shit about anything in LFR or LFD. If you want to take over the wowinterface bit I'm more than happy to pass it over.

I've not seen the problem with SS, but I do use the stack feature pretty extensively so I know it usually works; there may be a differently formatted thing with SS in the combat log. I've not looked at it in a long while.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby MrDuck » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:22 am

Ohai! This is my actual old account, struggled to find out which mail I used, been outa the game for a few years..

I have implemented the new LFR channel (I only do such stuff now, gotta catch up, god it's boring there!).

I plan on fixing the UI next, and maybe expanding it to make it a bit user friendlier (not too much though, I put the effort into this 'cos it's lightweight, only playing on laptop now so I definitely wanna keep it easy).

Here's a git with the update:
https://bitbucket.org/mrduck/thatjusthappened

The game seems to have changed a lot since my loved Ulduar, so I gotta figure out how stuff works to make this make some actual sense, but I'd like to keep it up!
MrDuck

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:51 pm

Welcome back; let me know if you want ownership of the WowInterface page, or I can just post your updates there. Are you working from the last version posted?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby MrDuck » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:12 am

Well I actually started with a quite ancient version, so I had to redo all the IDs and such, so now I just moved over my work to yours, hopefully the latest :) I'll polish it some more first though, need to redo the check for instances etc, I got it wrong in some cases, so I'll play with that at first and post here so you can update it on your own for now, I'll see how it goes then,still not sure if I like this pokemon expansion :-/ Also, doing all my raiding in LFR aint the best way to improve how I see the thing :(
MrDuck

Postby Newsom » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:40 am

MrDuck wrote:Well I actually started with a quite ancient version, so I had to redo all the IDs and such, so now I just moved over my work to yours, hopefully the latest :) I'll polish it some more first though, need to redo the check for instances etc, I got it wrong in some cases, so I'll play with that at first and post here so you can update it on your own for now, I'll see how it goes then,still not sure if I like this pokemon expansion :-/ Also, doing all my raiding in LFR aint the best way to improve how I see the thing :(

Try some flex raiding! And you can completely ignore all the pokemon.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Mneme » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:22 pm

All of my favorite things stop working. :(
There are few who deny at what I do I am the best,
For my talents are renowned far and wide.
Mneme

Previous

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros