Hearthstone

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Hearthstone

Postby Sagara » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:39 am

Worldie wrote:I heard legends of people playing for fun. Read something about it in some Egyptian tomb.

Hey! I played HS for fun once.

It was awful.

P.S. Actually because the difference in drawn hands made the game a relative no-brainer.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:02 am

I'm pretty sure fun isn't allowed in games.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:07 am

Playing the new Ranked, seems Win Streak is pretty strong. Obviously there to quickly separate out the better players rather than have them lingering in the lower ranks. I'm only having to play one match per rank to advance. I'm at rank 21.

Mind you, having the extra rank-up screen pop up before the old level up one is kinda annoying. Maybe it's just because it has no sound effects right now.
Last edited by KysenMurrin on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:13 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Playing the new Ranked, seems Win Streak is pretty strong. Obviously there to quickly separate out the better players rather than have them lingering in the lower ranks. I'm only having to play one match per rank to advance. I'm at rank 21.

From what I read the system is designed for upward mobility. Can't lose levels below 20, Winstreak from up to level 5 then rank 5 is where it gets harder.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:34 am

I notice that due to the new feature to let you find the last person you played, your full Battletag is visible to every opponent.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:44 am

Full battletag has always been visible to the opponents o.o

Or wait it shows the numbers too now?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:58 am

On your social tab, it shows the full battletag, including number, of your last opponent, and lets you add them as a friend. Not a big thing, I guess, just don't think they usually make the full tag visible to strangers inside their games.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:39 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Edit: Just seen someone pointing out the combo potential of the new Unleash the Hounds. The new spell will interact with Starving Buzzard for card draw, it'll trigger things like Knife Juggler, could be used alongside the "+attack to beasts" minions, and killing the Hounds would work with the Hyena and things like Cult Master. Could actually work well.

Having played against the new UtH yesterday, I can confirm that it does, in fact, work rather well.

(Edit: That said, there's still no reason to play anything other than Mage until the next patch)

Flex wrote:Rewards can be adjusted and worked out, shocker and that's why I made the post, but the current set up makes it the same as max play mode winnings. Reason to play your friend is that there is literally no reason to play them at all, one WoW guild has zero desire to do random match making but can't really progress without doing it so he won't play.

If your friend won't play with you without a reward, send him or her some real money for packs after the match. :P
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:39 am

Had a god-awful Arena run as a Warlock yesterday. Knew I shouldn't have picked Warlock because I'm not very familiar with the class, but did it anyway. Ended 1/3.

The 1 win was fun, though. I dropped an 8/6 Void Terror on turn 4, cloned it with Faceless Manipulator on turn 5, played a Pit Lord on turn 6, and then a Sea Giant on turn 7. My opponent had managed to delay with mirror images and Frostbolt but he conceded after that. :lol:

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Kai » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:04 am

guess nerfing defender of argus isn't needed anyway. he's either stuck in your hand behind some card uncastable/unclickable or the game randomly switches around your minions every few seconds.
Kai

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:31 am

Oh yeah, I got a new variation on the old stuck-card bug yesterday. Rather than sticking out from behind another with a gap where it should be, it was completely behind, like there wasn't an extra card there. When I moused over the two cards would swap places, but if I tried to use one the game would select the one that was behind at the time. I almost ran out of time trying to get the right one out.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:36 am

Finally got another 7 win run in Arena. With a Mage this time.

Questing Adventurer just wins games. If they can't kill it in one turn you just build it up again. Makes me want to build a deck that uses it. Any ideas which class would suit that best?

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:58 am

Aggro Lock sounds like a natural - you typically use a crapton of smaller spells, since you're going to draw more with your HP anyway.
Anything with strong draw sounds good, though.

Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:49 am

I'm not a big fan of Warlock to be honest. Just feels like I'm tapping too much of my own life to play. (Maybe it's just because of that arena run where I was dropping 11 health on Imps and Pit Lord.)

Thinking Rogue (low cost spells); Hunter might work (Buzzard) but probably not reliable; Priest could maybe work with Cleric and heals to keep it up; a Mage deck with Arcane Missiles and Sorceror's Apprentices, maybe....

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:51 am

I was thinking of my "bouncy" Rogue deck I talked to you about, slap a couple of Sprints and you probably won't go out of juice too early.
You do risk holding one of those a while, though.

Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games