Remove Advertisements

Diablo 3 is live!

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Diablo 3 is live!

Postby Worldie » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:07 pm

I said it, I beat it right after the patch that removed the regen from elites.

It was still hard as fuck, my Monk couldnt even get past the first trash of Act 3, and my WD never made it to Maghda.

As I said though, it's gear. In difficulty / damage, old Inferno is comparable to current MP3.
Try doing MP3 with similar stats to what we had back then (<20k dps, barely 30k hp) and tell me if it's so "easy".

It's the gear that destroyed the difficulty. My Demon Hunter is running over 200k DPS, I can DESTROY anything up to mp8, they don't even get in melee range. If i had 20k dps however, that'd be a completely different story.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:58 pm

Worldie wrote:As I said though, it's gear. In difficulty / damage, old Inferno is comparable to current MP3.
Try doing MP3 with similar stats to what we had back then (<20k dps, barely 30k hp) and tell me if it's so "easy".

It's the gear that destroyed the difficulty. My Demon Hunter is running over 200k DPS, I can DESTROY anything up to mp8, they don't even get in melee range. If i had 20k dps however, that'd be a completely different story.

Old post-1.0.3 or pre-1.0.3?

Launch inferno with current gear might be fun, though I'm sure Act 2 wasps would destroy everyone still.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:02 am

Well pre 1.0.3 was such a fucking overtuned nightmare that I don't think it would be fun to run even with 100k+ dps.

On the wasps, I remind hitting act 2 and having a single mini-poison-wasp hit me for over 15k HP and a mob melee hit me for over 20k. Not fun.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:23 am

I just finished Nightmare on my WD (lvl 51, no clue as to his stats atm.) I thought I had already made it into at least Hell, but apparently that wasn't the case (haven't played in forever, only recently got an itch to mess around on it.)

As for my skills (don't remember all the names)... I use:

Inferno Bomb (with bounce run)
Haunt (with life steal)
Spirit Walk (don't remember rune)
The AoE that gives Int based on number of targets hit (with heal rune)
Acid AoE (don't remember rune)
Gargantuan (enrage vs elites/bosses rune)

As for gear, I know I've got +xp pieces, just to get to level cap quicker (I'll worry about magic and/or gold find after that if I feel like farming.) What stats are good for WD beyond Int? Attack speed? Life steal?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:48 am

Uhm. There's a lot of valid WD builds.

If you are aiming for a pet oriented build you want to aim for pieces with high Vitality and armor or all resist. Not necessarly all toghether, but best pieces have at least 2 survivability stats.
You also take skills that allow auto summoning of dogs and pet survivability.

It's quite fun but certain elites are fucking painful to deal with (the ones with 1shot abilities).

Other approaches are a tanky build with bats to essentially outheal any damage you take (in similar fashion of barbarians), or focus on ranged abilities and CC to kite mobs to death.

Here's my WD, homemade build made for my gameplay, based on kiting and aoeing stuff to death.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Worl ... /hero/6119

Gearing for a damage oriented build is not really complicate. You want tons of Int. Crit damage does increase your DPS significantly, but it's not so noticeable in the actual damage until you also have some crit to go with it. Avoid attack speed, doesn't give you much.
Mana regen is fucking important. Try to get mana regen on helm, and offhand, and maybe weapon too. Once you hit 60, getting your hands on 4 cheap versions of Zunimasa set items is a huge boost to both damage and survivability (the ones i got are almost BiS versions costing several millions, aim for something less expensive first ;) )
Also HP gem on helm after you are 60, unless you manage to run over 40k HP without it, you really want that extra survivability.

What stats you will in the end look for will depend on how you play. Certain builds can be played with full glass cannon setups, others instead prefer lower DPs and higher defense.

Gl exping witch doctor as it's in my opinion the funniest class to play.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:53 am

Worldie wrote:Gl exping witch doctor as it's in my opinion the funniest class to play.

I almost agree! It's definitely a lot of fun, one of the more interesting classes. Only reason I'm hesitating is because
Not sure if actually more fun than Wizard, or just played Wizard too much. :roll:

There was a thing called Freeze-Doctor I think? I never looked it up because my WD didn't hit cap until recently, but might be worth a Google!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Worldie » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:36 am

Thats the wizard spec as far as I know, WD doesnt have any "freeze" ability as far as I remember.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:12 am

The pet aspect of the WD intrigued em the most, so I was very happy with the pet changes they added to make them viable in Hell+

My general pet gearing was vitality, all resist, Life per Second and thorns before I got some Zunimassa pieces from Barb farming.

Skill set up is
Firebomb: Roll the Bones
Zombie Charger: Zombie Bears
Zombie Dogs: Leeching Beasts
Spirit Walk: Healing Journey
Acid Cloud: Acid Rain
Gargantuan: Big Stinker
Passives: Fierce Loyalty, Zombie Handler, Jungle Fortitude though Bad Medicine may be a better choice.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:41 am

I tend to prefer rain of frogs to fire bomb, mostly because it doesnt have travel time and does stupidly high damage on enemies that are standing still.

Never been a fan of the zombie bear / bats builds, maybe I'm just bad at managing mana with them though.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:30 pm

Nah, the Wizard freeze build is the CM/WW build (Crit Mass / Wicked Wind).

Found some videos for the WD Freeze Doc, not watched them through though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6vjNHVkTA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i2ljKNuPW4
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Worldie » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:36 am

Ahhh.. it's not a build based on an actual ability, but rather on stacking chance to freeze and spam aoe that ticks a lot of times to keep mobs frozen in front of the pets.

Uhm, not really fun in my opinion.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:15 am

CC/WW for Wizards has much of the same problem. You basically spam a few buttons constantly until everything is dead. Can tank anything, even at MP10, with basically no gear - but extremely slow (at high MPs) if you're going solo. Got real old real fast, so switched to Archon after that, which is like a hot chainsaw through pre-heated butter. :roll:

Apparently you want a lower difficulty (MP3-4) for a highly geared Archon, because speed > drop chances, but I find that if I bump the difficulty up to 8, where I actually have to care a bit about what I'm doing, it's more enjoyable. Legendaries per hour is probably lower, but fun is an important factor too!
Era

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:59 am

Era wrote: fun is an important factor too!

That's why Whirlwind/Sprint sucks!
Flex

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:38 pm

Flex

Postby Worldie » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:29 pm

Flex wrote:
Era wrote: fun is an important factor too!

That's why Whirlwind/Sprint sucks!

I disagree, I find it extremely fun. To get in the role even better when I play it, I also yell DEMACIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games